FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Forums!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the feedback. I need to adjust the email settings. You're not the only one with this issue. Will work on it tonight.

Thanks,
- Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 9:21pm
Brian,
Here is one of the new features: YouTube video...

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:46pm
Keith,

When you click on your boat photo, it does not go to the diaries page ?

Dave

I'm I missing something ?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:58pm
Hey Dave,
I need to build that fuction back into the Forums (the don't come that way). I'm planning to work on the bugs tonight with my first priority to get Jbear logged on. .

- Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Now, I am concerned if you are seeing my old Mustang as it is no longer For Sale and shouldn't show up in the filter. Are you seeing my old Mustang?

Yup, I am too- all the for sale ads on the left link to your Mustang.

Everything looks great with the new forums, Keith! The only thing I would change is the standard width for pictures in the forums- not sure if thats possible or not, but a bit wider would be nice. Going to the bottom of the post to scroll to the right is kind of a pain.

tim I agree on the width of the pictures and having to scroll to see them...I was looking here if anybody noted that....the rest is great
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:29pm
i like the forum jump!! it makes it quicker to change sectionsss
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

When you click on your boat photo, it does not go to the diaries page ?

Dave, all fixed. The avatar boat photos now link to Diaries listings.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:53pm
Man, that was fast.

Thanks
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:07am
NP. Working on the email issues now.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:11am
Okay, testing new email function. Dave, or anyone, let me know if you get an email confirmation from this post.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:21am
I got an email keith if they dont chime in
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:22am
Okay, seems like all email functionality is now working properly. Those who were having trouble requesting their password, please try again. The system should be sending out emails fine now.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:40am
Thanks I got my password And logged in again. Thanks.... Monty
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 1:30am
Okay, I found the issue and have fixed the links from the For Sale boats in the left-hand column.

Now, I see I need to fixed the 'no diaries ID in profile but linking anyway' issue.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 1:37am
Keith,

Not on my daughters computer sorry..

And by the way still waiting on the fight times...hehe
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 2:02am
Okay, phantom avatar links with no Diaries ID issue has been fixed.

The scrolling boxes for large images will be a bit harder to fix since this is hardwired into the Forums. I'll look into that and see what I can do.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 2:23am
Keith great work with the new look I know it will take a while to sort through all the little issues.

One thing I have noticed is that I have a lot of unused space on my screen that is running 1280 X 1024 that I don't remember having on the old interface. I imagine it is even worse on a widescreen monitor. It does make the page clear and easy to read but makes the post very long. What screen resolution is the new interface setup to use?

I like the set width feature in that when somebody posts a picture which is to big for the screen page size it puts a scroll bar on that post. On the old Forum interface it was always a problem when somebody posted a large picture or a group of pics without a carriage return between them.

It now appears to use the scroll bar even when you just quote a previous comment. Some of the old threads that had picture sizes that fitted now have to be scrolled across to see the rest of the pic. Would it be possible to increase page size to use as much of the available area as possible? Most web sites appear to be optimised for 1280 X 1024 screen resolution not many using 800 X 600 anymore.

Not a compliant at all just I thought if it can be done it would make viewing easier.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 2:41am
Keith,

Looking good, one thing I will miss is the Profile box under everyone's post, made it easy to find someones name while replying to a post. Also liked seeing the persons location other than just their country. My screens do have quite a bit of white space outside the orange band and same on the opposite side.

Like the others, no complaints, just giving some feedback.

Edit: Just went to my profile and updated location, looks like it was lost in the translation.
Also realized if you click the members name a drop down allows gives you an option to see profile.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 2:50am
Chris You could put your location in your signature.With a little more detail if you would like .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 3:06am
Chris if you click on the down arrow next to your username the profile is there. Lots of neat features just need to discover them all.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:22pm
I like the "What's going on" table on the Forums home page. Interesting to see how many people are reading the forums rather than doing work.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:56pm
Keith, I was doing the "quick log in", I didn't click on the icon.
Tim D
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 12:28am
Keith - I like the timer report at the bottom. It averages 4-5 seconds for me.

Oops, don't mean to start another average post!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 1:50am
Keith,

Got your email thanks...

Dave
mr_beat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_beat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 11:36am
Speed is much better and much more consistant!
I seem to be having trouble with the "Post options" button throwing an error on page and was not able to uplaod images either.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 11:42am
Keith, awesome job with the site. Looks and performs great!

Ken
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2009 at 2:22am
One thing I miss is the edit function. I'm constantly hitting the send button only to see my spelling errors when the post comes up on the screen. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2009 at 2:51am
Me too Brian....lots of mistakes even with my 2 finger method. Plus an awful lot of new stuff for this guy to get used to...but I am working at it.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2009 at 12:46pm
It's still there guy's,it's under post options to the right of the screen across from your name. Click on that. I must make more mistakes,so I had to find it!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
pwningjr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwningjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2009 at 11:54pm
Keith-

On resizing pictures to not have to have the scroll bar, what dimensions fit without a scroll bar? Previously I would resize pictures to 700x525 but I'm thinking they may be on the large side.
Jay
"Proud to be a geek"
Big Heavy (stephan): One can't always be perfect when water dancing on your shred stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic