NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Forums!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2009 at 1:58am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Keith great work with the new look I know it will take a while to sort through all the little issues.

One thing I have noticed is that I have a lot of unused space on my screen that is running 1280 X 1024 that I don't remember having on the old interface. I imagine it is even worse on a widescreen monitor. It does make the page clear and easy to read but makes the post very long. What screen resolution is the new interface setup to use?

I like the set width feature in that when somebody posts a picture which is to big for the screen page size it puts a scroll bar on that post. On the old Forum interface it was always a problem when somebody posted a large picture or a group of pics without a carriage return between them.

It now appears to use the scroll bar even when you just quote a previous comment. Some of the old threads that had picture sizes that fitted now have to be scrolled across to see the rest of the pic. Would it be possible to increase page size to use as much of the available area as possible? Most web sites appear to be optimised for 1280 X 1024 screen resolution not many using 800 X 600 anymore.

Not a compliant at all just I thought if it can be done it would make viewing easier.

Is this what it is.? I thought I had a setting changed on my comp. I can noly see 1/2 the pictures.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2009 at 3:17am
The overall Website width is based on the template not the Forums. I may change this but it's much more involved than making adjustments to the new Forums. The 'non-stretch' function of the new Forums (were it adds a scroll bar) seems to have mixed reviews, some like it and some don't.

I won't have a chance to modify this feature for some time. So, to answer the question about ideal image size, 500 pixels wide should display the image without a horizontal scroll bar.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2009 at 11:45pm
Keith,

Look's like my diarie photo is the old one again.

But when you click on the photo, it show's the new photo ????

It was working fine this morning. And is their a way to fix the picture size on your end or will I have to send the photo again ?

Dave
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 12:06am
Dave, it's still your new photo. You old photo must be cached on your computer. Try deleting your temp Internet files.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 12:17am
Will do...

By the way, you like the photo....

Dave
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 4:58pm
Love this site!!!!

You have brought alot of people together and lots of lifelong Friendships have been made through this site!

Thanks to you Keith!!! this site Kicks Ass!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 8:26pm
Thanks Paul. Happy birthday man!
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 1:11am
Keith,
Some times you gotta feel like a mother hen trying to keep all the chicks happy!

Could you ever have imagined what this site has turned into?

All I can say is WOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 10:28am
Keith....Thanks!

Steve....I'm bringing my daughter and two friends to help clean it........sorry you can't be here Sat. to help me clean it....lol
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 12:51pm
Keith, thanks for the hard work. The improvements are great.

Note to everyone else - click on the link to the Member Control Panel above and you can update your location to your home town. I always like to see where everyone is from.

Scott
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 6:20pm
Just a test...new forums look great!

My diary link seems to be broken, looks like this:

-------
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'HTMLEncode'

/diaries/details.asp, line 325
-------

Any idea what's up?

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2009 at 1:01am
Sorry about that. It wasn't just you but it's all fixed now.

Thanks for the heads-up!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2009 at 1:43pm
Thank YOU for the fix :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2009 at 12:04pm
Keith - I am sure it is a lack of skill on my part, but I haven't been able to correctly put in a link to another post (from ccf). I use the link button & then C &P the URL into the [URL=]. I put a name between them. The link takes me to the site index but not the actual page. What am I doing wrong?

Chris
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 5:20pm
Test Link

Chris, I'm not sure. I just tested it again myself and it seems to work fine. My only guess is that you're not grabbing the entire URL. Make sure you copy the entire URL (there is a lot of info passed in the URL which gets you to the correct page in a thread).

If you can't get it to work, post the URL and we'll go through it step by step and see if we can find the issue.

Thanks,
Keith

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 9:00pm
Chris, I've had that happen before where the link I inserted directed me back to ccfan.com. What I found corrected it was I HAD to use http:// before the url.

In other words http://mywebsite.com would work but just pasting in www.mywebsite.com or mywebsite.com doesn't work anymore. I saw that happen intermittently before the upgrade as well.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2009 at 1:32am
Here goes a test:

Wall of water

It's working now! I think I might have left a space after the URL=.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2009 at 3:07pm
Hi All,
Per request, I have expanded the width of the Forums to 1,040 pixels to accommodate larger images.

I've also modified the 'Subject' in the notification emails so that the Topic is first. Makes it easier to read on small screens.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2010 at 7:33pm
Keith, new background looks good!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2010 at 8:31pm
I noticed the new background when I logged on, and thought I wonder how long that has been there.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2010 at 9:50pm

Nice..
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2010 at 11:04pm

I noticed the new background when I logged on, and thought I wonder how long that has been there.

Lewy, Musta been this morning..I was up late last night (Iowa time) and didn't see it then!

Kinda like waking up at christmas with presents under the tree!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2010 at 11:14pm

Glad I'm not alone
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 11:46am
Really? I added the background weeks ago ... just kidding. I've been meaning to add this for months but just got around to it yesterday.

Glad everyone likes it.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic