NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 21>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get the Kids out on the water.
    Posted: June-26-2009 at 6:33pm
Several of you have seen this pic. My 2 year old daughter on her first trip behind the boat by herself. She even stood up. No world record or anything, but we were pretty happy. Would be great to see some pics of your kids out on the water, doing what these boats are meant to do. BKH

Livin' the Dream

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 6:49pm
^Great pic. That'll make you forget all about the maintenance, upkeep, high gas prices, the scratch in the gel coat, etc. That crap that I have a feeling a lot of us here are guilty of letting get to us. That picture is what it's all about.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 7:30pm
supercool!!! I gotta get one of those for valentino!! So she likes it by her face....
I asked valentino a couple of times if he wanted to go with me on the tube and he didn´t ..so I didn´t push him...eventually he will ask me and I´ll be more than happy to take him!!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 8:09pm
I sent her out on the tube with her mother last summer. I'm
not even certain I could get in and out of a tube.

This device is called and EZ Ski trainer. It has a ski skimmer as
a base, complete with two bindings to put the feet into. It then has
an inflatable wrapped around it. The child can sit or stand. It is very stable. She just floated away from the boat as I idled up. She's going less than 5 mph in the picture. It's actually borrowed from a
neighbor. I may have to buy one.

She loves it and now thinks that she is going skiing, every time we
head for the boat.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 12:35am
   That's really cool Brian. Great pic! Has she had swimming lessons yet? She looks so comfortable out there behind the boat.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 1:17am
Yes Mike,started swimming lessons when she was 6 or 7 months old.
Since March we've had her in private lessons, or lessons with just one other child, twice a week. Those will continue at least into November for this year. She can't swim yet, but she's getting there.

My wife has full discretion over the activities, with the exception of swimming. It is the one thing I insist upon. I don't care if she ever chooses to compete, but I expect her to be very competent in the water.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 4:55pm
Here is a pic of my older son from last summer. He is 5 in this picture. He doesn't have the itch for skiing yet this summer. He just wants to ride the kneeboard, but that's better than the tube.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 10:49pm
Excellent Scott. Looks like he's doing great out there.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 1:01am
   I hear you BKH. Our kids have been swimming since they were 3. Now 10 and 11, they are extremely confident in the water.While we still keep a close eye on them,we don't have to be right on top of them if they want to jump off the dock,etc. They spend alot of time with their cousins at the lake and a few of them are scared to death to even get on a tube out away from shore(but we're working on them).

Here is a couple of my son,taken last year. My favorite thing to do is take a doubles set with him,we have a blast. They grow up fast....

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 3:45am
A couple pics of my twin boys at Norris Lake last week. We had a great time.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 10:06am
Great pics. When you start them out young like that, they still want to hang with you when they're teenagers and even older. My kids are 21, 18 & 15, and they've always been disappointed when they can't make skiing in the morning or a cruise in the afternoon due to work. They've been able to take the boat by themselves since they were about 14 and they'd rather take their parents along rather then leave them on the beach. Boating, skiing, boarding are great family stuff.

My wife had all our kids in swimming lessons at the YW when they were tots. Definately a good way to go.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 10:33am
Here's a picture of a member of our ski team's son at 16 month's. He's riding a ski skimmer, which is one of the best tools to get kids comfortable behind the inboards.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 4:57pm
tull, that gear is just great!!! 16months!!! wow cool...looks like he is having great time behind the boat...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 7:00pm
Good pics all. At sixteen months we thought about putting our daughter out there by herself, but decided it just wasn't worth it. She got used to being out there with mom, and this year at 30 months was very comfortable by herself. BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 11:45pm
My kids last summer: him 182 months, her 227 months
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 12:50pm
Unfortunately I have no pic to post or to savor over the years, but our daughter Tessa got up on two for the first time yesterday. She's 6 this summer and my wife thought maybe we were pushing it a bit, but she always thinks that! I picked up the HO trainer ski package (skis, bar and special tow rope.) After looking it over I ditched the training rope set up and elected to let her have a go w/ the traditional tow rope. I got in the water with her to help and coach and on the 4th pull she was up and I was left two hundred yards behind cheering in her wake. Very bittersweet since I couldn't see the look on her face when she was up, but the smile on her face when I caught up to her was ear to ear!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:12pm
Congratulations Terp. Just take her out next week and get a pic. She won't look so different by then

Larry, I definitely have to meet you some day. You crack me up sometimes. BKH
Livin' the Dream

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:46pm
My daughter Wakesurfing age 9
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:55pm
Son Wakeboarding age 7
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:57pm
Doubles 9&7
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Terp Terp wrote:

Tessa got up on two for the first time yesterday. She's 6 this summer and my wife thought maybe we were pushing it a bit

Nahhh, perfect age!

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 3:54pm
first tournament, first air
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:19am
Randy: Been off for awhile so I missed this post...where did you go at Norris? We are headed down there after we visit GL. Water looks real high. Man I can't wait to get there.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2009 at 3:08am
Great pics guys...I enjoyed them all!

This is my youngest at age 5

Here she is with her twin sister two years ago (Randy_i_O, I didn't know you had twins too!)

I love this one of them on that same day...

Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2009 at 4:25pm
OK, I realize my kids are a little old for me to be playing this game, but just because they are older, doesn't mean we still don't have fun out on the water together or that I can't be a doting parent. Just took this one yesterday.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2009 at 4:32pm
Dude, awesome shots of your girls!

Larry, Thomas can get some air! Is that behind your Ski Tique?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2009 at 11:22pm
Yes Bruce, that's the tique. He was in pretty good form yesterday...may have something to do with the pretty redhead he brought along for the first time....you remember 16, don't you?
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 10:57am
I do! it usually ended in some sort of pain that needed massaged out. The spills were a lot more painful when I was barefooting and slalom skiing. I came ripping in to the dock for a big soaking of the girls on the dock, planted the ski and then found out i was going a little fast on the whip... I did not have enough weight to keep it planted and ended up tangled in the boat lift. Oh to be indestructible again.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 4:49am
Went out and ripped a footset tonight. My kids were in rare form and wanted to ski. After they skied, I put them in the swing on the boom so they can "barefoot like dad." Cute...

Julianne, age 5:

John, age 7
Got Foot?
jrmcmich View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrmcmich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 9:10pm

This is my sons first time up for an extended period of time.

I got my youngest (3) to give us a thumbs up between crying getting on the kneeboard with me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 21>
  Share Topic