NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 18192021>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2017 at 10:25am
Sin
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

The swing will keep them up and out of the water so a wetsuit is not required ...some wetsuit shorts with current vest ....or just some short pants/boardshorts will work....then if she is enthusiastic you will need a youth barefoot suit...those barefoot international suits give the best protection/floatation/skiability even though they are stiff and thick....it takes 10 uses before they start to feel like it "fits"

Halfnelly,
I have a BI kids barefoot suit and Barefoot Central trainers in a kid size that I used to introduce my daughter to barefooting. Bought it when she was 8 or 9. Shes's 12 now and outgrown. Would you be interested in those items?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2017 at 12:37pm
My daughter just turned 5 this weekend, might be a while before we have a need for those. I got her a full suit this winter, we'll probably use those if she decides she wants to try it this year.

Thanks,

Brian
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2017 at 1:57pm
Some action with the kids this friday

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
joshjanae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 1:53am
Gotta love Arizona. We've had 95 degree days and the kids have enjoyed lake activities since February..

joshjanae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2017 at 2:02am
Last one:

Footer 1952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 7:53pm
Ah yes, Get the kids out on the water.
Here's a proud day for me.
My sons first barefoot deep water start.

and proud dad and son circa 1997

pics scanned from slides. Color and brightness not good but the day will never be forgotten.

Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 8:22pm
PS
Another proud day a few years earlier, when daughter and son both said "I want to do it dad"(barefoot)
circa 1991

Daughter said, "well I'm glad I did it but no more for me"!

Son said "I love it"!!!

Thanks for the memories to both of them!!
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2017 at 9:02am
Been a productive year, thus far. My 3 year old son has been riding the trainers around, and my 5 year old daughter has been skiing, wakeboarding, and most recently taken an interest in barefooting. Here's some pics and videos I've been collecting from this year.

Blake on trainers:

Dagny after a deep water start:

Triples with the kids:

Dagny's first time in the swing:

Of course, some weekends have been too busy for the boat so we've had to get on the water by way of other means...

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2017 at 10:43am
Brian,
Great job with the kids. Keep them out there on the water. and not on tubes!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2017 at 12:23pm
Thanks Pete, that's the plan!
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2017 at 1:09pm
Hooked up with a guy that lets a ministry take inner city kids to his lake house and he shows up and pulls them all on the tube.   I came with the SN2001 and boom and got 6 to try skiing, 5 succeeded. We then got 1 up on the kneeboard. A couple got to drive the boat. They were all smiles and we had some spectators on a pontoon boat cheering them on. Only 1 of them knew how to swim.

I have great pics and video, but don't know if its kool for me to post the pics. I am not their parents or a part of the service group. I will watch their website and if they post them I will link it.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2017 at 11:05pm
That sounds great, such a good experience for the kids, and nice of you and the other person to do it.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

Hooked up with a guy that lets a ministry take inner city kids to his lake house and he shows up and pulls them all on the tube.   I came with the SN2001 and boom and got 6 to try skiing, 5 succeeded. We then got 1 up on the kneeboard. A couple got to drive the boat. They were all smiles and we had some spectators on a pontoon boat cheering them on. Only 1 of them knew how to swim.

I have great pics and video, but don't know if its kool for me to post the pics. I am not their parents or a part of the service group. I will watch their website and if they post them I will link it.

Sounds like a similar concept to Wake the World?    My wife and I are coordinating a WTW event for 2018, one of the best things I did this summer was to participate in the NW Oregon event.   Looking forward to a washington event for sure.   If you have a heart for taking kids out on the water, this is an event for you, they are all over the country but you might have to saddle up a bit to get to one.

spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2017 at 4:14pm
Though this isn't a "Kids out on the water...skiing", we are teaching them a valuable lesson. If you go out on the boat, you gotta help keep it clean!

Aside from Keith St. Onge having his daughter on skis at 6 mos,, what age do most of you start kids out on the water? I am hoping next season (at 3) is acceptable. She loves the boat and can swim, but the Mrs. doesn't think she will be ready.
-Spiral
'89 Sport Nautique
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by spiralhelix spiralhelix wrote:

Though this isn't a "Kids out on the water...skiing", we are teaching them a valuable lesson. If you go out on the boat, you gotta help keep it clean!

Aside from Keith St. Onge having his daughter on skis at 6 mos,, what age do most of you start kids out on the water? I am hoping next season (at 3) is acceptable. She loves the boat and can swim, but the Mrs. doesn't think she will be ready.

Nothing wrong with that picture!

I had my son out at 2 years old with a pacifier hanging out of his mouth learning off of the ski training board. Now he is 6 and carving/jumping wakes on the wakeboard.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2017 at 4:40pm
Go back and look at first picture of this thread. My daughter at 2.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2017 at 4:46pm

She loves the boat and can swim

Sounds ready to me
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2017 at 6:13pm

Aside from Keith St. Onge having his daughter on skis at 6 mos,, what age do most of you start kids out on the water?

Most of the kids in our big extended family have learned at 6-8. That's when they have wanted to learn with no prodding. I think knowing how to swim first is a good idea, but most kids have that down well before 6 if they go to the lake a lot.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2018 at 3:13pm
The little girl in the first post of this thread is now competing a little in Slalom and driving the boat so her old man can chill in the back on an evening cruise. BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Good to see this old thread pop up once again.

BKH

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 7:15pm
Got my daughter, niece and nephew skiing this week on vacation at Table Rock Lake. Those smiles are what it's all about!

1989 Ski Nautique 2001
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 10:37pm
Awesome Braden!! And another generation continues the passion!   
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 10:51pm
Nice work. Always great to see young ones entering the sport!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2018 at 2:01pm
Haven't posted in a while, but here is a few fun videos from this weekend

Disc & Ladder

Disc & Chair

Disc & Chair on Surfboard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2018 at 2:09pm
GREAT seeing them on ski's, boards, bare feet, ANYTHING other than those stupid "flying matresses laying around!!!!

Footer 1952
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique
ViperSammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViperSammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 9:40pm
This thread is awesome!
Can't wait to post some pics of my youngest, (She's 5 months) when she starts getting behind the boat!

My older kids didn't have any real interest in it. Tubing was enough for them, but we didn't own a boat then they were young. Different story now!

Keep the pics and stories coming!!

Scott
'85 Ski Nautique
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 10:41pm

From last weekend. All grown up (23,21,15) but still humor me and let me get a picture every year.

From many years ago, but seems like it was yesterday.

Same kid last year College Nationals in Texas. Two oldest ski for Clemson and finish in December. It goes by fast, and I can already see them not hanging with Mom and Dad as much. We made some fantastic memories on the water. I believe we will always find time to ski one run for many years to come. No matter how tired you are, if they want to ski, get up and go!
ViperSammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViperSammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 11:11pm
Nice pics!

I learned to ski on Clarks Hill Lake, many years ago...
Lots of good memories on that lake, and at least one bad one...:D

Scott
'85 Ski Nautique
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

The little girl in the first post of this thread is now competing a little in Slalom and driving the boat so her old man can chill in the back on an evening cruise. BKH

Great pictures! She is still smiling ten years later on the water. No better family sport than skiing. My two older kids have really enjoyed college skiing. Not super competitive (unless you really want to be) and they have a great time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 18192021>
  Share Topic