NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 21>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2016 at 11:27am
That's Great GPaw!! How old is AJ?

To be a fly on the wall with you and the Bear trying to post up some video, "where the heck is the F13 key" too funny!!
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2016 at 12:21pm
She's eight but she's only in the 5th percentile for her age. Six year olds are often bigger then her.
She's tough. She don't back down from bigger kids at all.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2016 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Man, where to the years go?

LOL...Larry you beat me again.

I went back to the begining of this thread and had the same thought...was just gonna post Brian's opening picture..no way I could'a found the comparrision shot. Well done.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2016 at 10:49pm
Gotta comment on Saturday as well.....wish I knew how to quote twice in the same post but LOL....

anyhow....yes me and Eddie had an awesome day at WBC on saturday. I just cannot say enough about the crew there. It is money well spent to ski and learn.

footed 4 sets and could hardly get outa the bed Sunday morning. You shoulda heard Patti. Had a super time..learned alot from David Small in the am and Ashley Stebbins in the pm. Met some great guys. Got to spend the whole day in the boat with probably the best ski partner in the world.

but the best part of the day? The final 40 minutes when AJ came out to foot with us, In-freakin-credible! When she put on the shoes and tried the boom start....well if you coulda only seen Eddie's face.

and no CQ.....Eddie knows better than to let me anywhere near his computer!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 5:30am
awesome eddie. as proud as you are of all us Internet strangers you teach to ski I can't imagine how you felt out there with her. next wc you'll have to come back to the command center for one of HW's seminars, haha

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Sampson 182 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sampson 182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 2:23am
Not quite on the water but my son is working hard to get our boat clean and ready to be "on the water". He's a big help take it from me

1987 Ski Nautique 2001

Russman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:24pm

Nice, as he gets older you will find that working together on the boat(s) etc. is what makes it all worth it and adds to the enjoyment.

1989 2001 SN / Prior 1978 Cobalt 18
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 10:29am
What a night last night , my 7 year old was able to get up on her wakeboard for the first times We are so proud of her! I can not believe we went from tubing (yea I went there ) to the ski training board, to knee board and now wakeboard. Based on her smile, she had a blast! And of course once the older kid does it, it's an instant the little one (5) wants to try. And man did he try! So proud of both of them!!!

halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 11:42am
Our 4 year old reluctantly skied once last year, but this year she has been begging to go every weekend. Might be time to convert the trainers and teach her for real.

And of course, she loves to wakeboard with me, probably because I have to do all the work...
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 12:12pm
You guys have to be proud papa's! Costas, you're right that the smile kind of says it all. They're hooked.

My youngest said she wants to ski more this summer so there's still hope ...... my kids just have not been interested much in water sports. Oh well.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by halfnelly halfnelly wrote:

Our 4 year old reluctantly skied once last year, but this year she has been begging to go every weekend. Might be time to convert the trainers and teach her for real.

Hey Brian, I have a now 6,9,and 10 yr old and too have found once I got them to ride the trainers set up like you have by the time they are 5 or 6 the transition to a std ski line then taking off the bars that hold skis together is very easy.

I find as long as that smile is on... they can pretty much do anything.

We had to learn with adult combos made for a 250lb person and half torn boots... kids these days lol.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by AAM196 AAM196 wrote:

We had to learn with adult combos made for a 250lb person and half torn boots... kids these days lol.

And behind an under powered outboard that drug you about the length of a football field
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Originally posted by AAM196 AAM196 wrote:

And behind an under powered outboard that drug you about the length of a football field

Haha, I can only imagine what my kids will be saying in 30 years. "When I was your age, I had to learn off of a 22 year old Nautique, it was so old it still had a carburetor!"
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 5:15pm
And my Dad actually had to steer the boat and give engine throttle!
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 5:22pm
And it didn't have cameras!
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2016 at 4:12pm
My daughter, Caitlin, made her first 2 deep-water slalom starts today. Daddy was proud! Well done Cait!!!!

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

My daughter, Caitlin, made her first 2 deep-water slalom starts today. Daddy was proud! Well done Cait!!!!

JQ

Congrats, JQ. That's awesome!

My 4 year old has made the transition from trainers to the wakeboard recently:

Going to work with her on getting up on the untethered trainers next.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 9:45am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 9:58am
Awesome job everyone! My 11 y/o this past Saturday, finally got a pic of her up, this is her third time up and she was pretty stoked!

Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 3:40pm
Love seeing the kids get involved and especially young. Congrats all!
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 4:03pm
Wow, precious times!

My daughter doing a pull-out drill...

they grow fast

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 6:14pm
Got out with Lakeboy and two of his little footers
Boom time Fun time
This is the life
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 12:32am
Last week at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. My 10 year old daughter Riley got up on her first long line slalom attempt ever, and followed it up by learning to cross the wakes.

My 8 year old son Dylan is pushing the boundaries on the wakeboard, trying hard to clear the wakes. He also suffered his first two brutal face plants attempting 180's that I didn't capture on camera, but he got back on the horse afterwards.

NOTHING beats a week at the lake with the kids.
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 12:54am
Keep them coming! That's big time fun.
'92 Sport Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 1:17am
Some great additions to this thread.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 12:51pm
Darren, you're kids are doing great. Good for your daughter slaloming at 10!

I don't have any photos, but for the 1st time in quite a few years, we got 4 new skiers up last week. A 6, 2 8's and an 11 yo. The 6 yo is our youngest skier yet. We finally got another generation to work with.
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 4:58pm
Thanks Bruce. That's quite a week of teaching! Quite the summer camp you must be running up there!
Nothing is better than seeing someone new learn and the pride and happiness they show. I also got my 9 year old nephew up on 2 skis for the first time. A close second to what I said above is seeing a first timer's legs going all over the place as they're bent over and yanking the rope!
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 11:31am
Originally posted by OldSchoolBlue84 OldSchoolBlue84 wrote:

What a night last night , my 7 year old was able to get up on her wakeboard for the first times We are so proud of her! I can not believe we went from tubing (yea I went there ) to the ski training board, to knee board and now wakeboard. Based on her smile, she had a blast! And of course once the older kid does it, it's an instant the little one (5) wants to try. And man did he try! So proud of both of them!!!

UPDATE: She has officially got the bug So proud!

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/kostaki98/media/Mobile%20Uploads/4928E5AC-6CF7-47AC-8613-2D7A53E12F40_zpscrmqtyqd.mp4.html
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by dip dip wrote:

My 8 year old son Dylan is pushing the boundaries on the wakeboard, trying hard to clear the wakes. He also suffered his first two brutal face plants attempting 180's that I didn't capture on camera, but he got back on the horse afterwards.

Find a no stretch rope for wakeboarding and then shorten it until he can clear the wake safely.
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 1:26pm
Yes, definitely get the no stretch rope and shorten it. It will make a world of difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 21>
  Share Topic