Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - '00 SANTE w/ GT-40 - Check Engine Light/Limp Home
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'00 SANTE w/ GT-40 - Check Engine Light/Limp Home

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
texasag01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasag01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '00 SANTE w/ GT-40 - Check Engine Light/Limp Home
    Posted: June-29-2009 at 6:34pm
Hit the lake Friday afternoon after work. We wakeboarded for a few hours and were doing some wakeskating when my '00 SANTE started acting up. The check engine light came on and the boat went in to the limp home mode. Oil pressure was fine and so was the engine temp. Gas gauge read a little over half a tank. I shut the engine off, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then restarted. Motor ran fine for about 10 minutes while we boarded a little more then the same problem. I checked the engine and everything was the right temperature and seemed to be in working order. The fluids were all in their proper zones as well. We then idled back to the ramp and loaded the boat. Check engine light stayed on the entire time and would flicker occasionally like it wanted to turn off.

Any idea what is causing this? I was thinking of just dropping it off at the Nautique dealer here in town but wanted to check to make sure it wasn't an easy fix. I read on planetnautique.com that a few people have had issues with the oil sensor going out and causing this. If that's the case, I can just pick one up from Disc Inboard Marine.

Appreciate the help!

Paul
Paul Haney
'00 SANTE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic