NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

newbee ??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbee ??
    Posted: July-20-2009 at 4:20pm
1. when turning is ok to run the RPMs up to 3500 even thought the boat is only going 10 mph
any ideas on making the upholstery new again
thanks
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2009 at 5:23pm
IF I had to guess I would say no, the rpm climbing that high on a turn is a sign of the transmission slipping. Check the fluid level. Then tell us what kind of boat it is, and show some pictures. If in doubt race city marine in mooresville would be my first stop if I was in NC with an inboard, even if it was just to visit and show off the boat.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2009 at 7:42pm
it is 85 2001 I don't think it is slipping but.. it is when you cut a u turn very quickly and are tring to power up the boat is turning water and the rpms are going up it is kind fun to take such a quick turn but did not know if it was ok
thanks for the reply i am pretty far from moorseville
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2009 at 8:35pm
I maybe confused, a 3500 rpm turn isnt a problem. I stay away from such behavior myself but the boat can certainly handle it. From the description of a 10mph and 3500rpm turn I assummed you were turning and the rpm was increasing without throttle being applied. If your turning and hitting the throttle at the same time then have at it, a little extra stress on a few things but it wasnt designed to be babied.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic