NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Impeller direction

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Kmans Kmans wrote:

I'm looking for an impeller that does not need replaced every year. I had one that was made of a different material and I saw it in this thread and wondered if anyone knew where I could find it.

Why do you need to replace every year?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Kmans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kmans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2017 at 3:45pm
Thank you!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2017 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by Kmans Kmans wrote:

I'm looking for an impeller that does not need replaced every year. I had one that was made of a different material and I saw it in this thread and wondered if anyone knew where I could find it.

Why do you need to replace every year?

Kelly,
I too am wondering why you are replacing them yearly. I've had them last 20 years and I don't even remove them for winter layup. You must be running them dry!! Are you running the engine even for short times without water?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2017 at 6:30pm
Old thread:
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I've made several comments regarding the practice of frequent impeller change being unneeded. I'm on my 29th year of owning my 1964 with the 312. I just opened up the pump to take a look at the impellers after at least 25 years. I really wouldn't have bothered since I had no cooling problems but the bottoms of the hoses at the pump where getting real bad. (soft/gooey from the RV antifreeze) No broken blades, some wear on the tips, some "set" on the blades but no set at the cam from winter storage and some blade warpage.

The bottom line is running them dry is the killer and the marina's are spreading BS all over.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2017 at 8:07pm
I was curious because I had a Barco impeller which is what the Globe's were previously. It was made out of some sort of poly urethane material like upgraded suspension links are made of. Can't find the one I had,must have thrown it out. Pete put in a little OT and get some new ones,remember when your son reworked your underwater gear? Imagine what he could accomplish overheating it
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic