Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique Excel Wake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ecfd925 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecfd925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nautique Excel Wake
    Posted: July-23-2009 at 10:44pm
New to the forum, I am wanting to purchase a nautique and am looking at a excel open bow. My question is, does this boat throw a good wake for wakeboarding?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 11:24pm
Same version as your other post........

The Excel's wake is quite different than the Sport of that era. The Excel's wake is wide and hard with defined lip and high flat table. They did not have the more dished table of the Sport. The wake of the Barefoot (454) is still different than that of the Excel (351) due to the significant extra weight of the engine. The Barefoot's wake table is rampier and slightly harder. They are great beginner to intermediate board wakes esp. with ballast.

We Loved our Excel; sorry I sold her but she DID NOT handle like a SNOB or ski like a SNOB. Great big water/rough water boat. Hard high flat wake table great for footing and wake boarding. Hard edges for skiing... the Non-Pro Boss 91 & 92's were slightly underpowered. But you will never spend more comfortable time in a Correct Craft - smooth ride, quiet and ergo-excellent. VERY live-able, just not so ski-able......

The fellow who bought the Excel from me surfed with her. Not quite sure of the ballast setup but it can be done (I'm not a big fan of the near swamping setup of surfing these era boats).
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 11:26pm
BTW - very little room in the playpen up front for adult(s)....... but pretty dry ride up front for a ski boat.
Excel94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excel94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 12:14pm
My wakeboard level is basic at best, so I may not be qualified to answer your question. Just the other day I had an "advanced" wakeboarder with us in our 1994 Excel and he was impressed with the wake without any additional ballast. I know several other have been quite pleased with their Excel for boarding. Seems they respond well to weight in the bow.

Air206...Is the person you sold the boat to on CCF? I would be very interested in what set up works for surfing
ecfd925 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecfd925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 12:58pm
Thanks guys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic