Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Northeast Reunion - Sept. 18-20

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 16>
Author
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 12:22pm
That pic of Reid's CCF boat at the dock with the low hanging cloud in the background is awesome!

Bruce, it sounds like our observations about the terrible layout of the Million Dollar Beach ramp turned out to be true. I can't believe there isn't a fight there every single Saturday and Sunday of the summer.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 2:52am
Before I forget ...

The Adirondack Dash
1st Place - Gregg Benjamin (30Rock) - 1979 Barefoot Nautique - 58.5 mph
2nd Place - Reid Pinkham (reidp) - 2009 Ski Nautique 196 - CCF Edition - 55.4 mph
3rd Place - Tim Benjamin (TRBenj) - 1990 Ski Nautique - 51.2 mph
4th Place - Todd Benjamin - 2004 Ski Nautique 196 - 49.9 mph

Best of Class - 1969 and Earlier
Bruce Hart (Riley) - 1963 Classic

Best of Class - 1970-1981
Jeffrey Toro (77 Nautique) - 1977 Ski Nautique

Best of Class - 1982-1989
Brad Harper (Barracuda) - 1986 Ski Nautique 2001

Best of Class - 1990-1999
Tim Benjamin (TRBenj) - 1990 Ski Nautique

Best of Class - 2000 and newer
Reid Pinkham (reidp) - 2009 Ski Nautique 196 CCF Edition

Most Dedicated
Laurie Pinkam - traveled from Mooresville, NC (with boat, dogs and Reid in tow)

Best Engine
Tim Benjamin (TRBenj) - 1990 Ski Nautique

Best of Show
Reid Pinkham (reidp) - 2009 Ski Nautique 196 CCF Edition

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 2:11am
Japanese Muscle, makes a Wild Hog proud.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 1:57am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

The second photo in this last group includes the gold "wild hogs" Scion Boombox. Maybe next year we'll bring the band!

The "George Michael Signature Series" jukebox on wheels!
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 1:38am
The second photo in this last group includes the gold "wild hogs" Scion Boombox. Maybe next year we'll bring the band!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 1:23am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

When 2 boys ages 15 and 18 can sit for an hour and listen to a 92 year old man talk, in a room that over looks a calm lake while their boat is waiting for them, it is a good indication of what a very interesting man he is.

It also says alot about those 2 boys.

Mike

Says alot about their upbringing and parents too....

Bruce was that last picture you posted your boys and their boat? If so...you gotta be one proud papa.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 1:22am
   ^^^^ That's a cool pic Jeff.

I hope you make it back next year CQ. I need to turn the "stay up all night" reigns over to someone else. That was a looooong ride home Sunday.

Here's a few more...

^^^^^ some sort of "pad" molded into hull on 200 ^^^^^

^^^^^ did anyone get an explanation of this from Lou ?? ^^^^^

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 1:20am
To Blake,

You will be known as "Little Godfather".

I just keep getting amazed on how you are so cool !!!!

And I hope you will still post and become a member with that name.

I am sure Keith would agree and help you with that.

Reanna, the picture of you waiting in the water to get a pull is:

"Priceless" you rock girl !!!!

And if I can say it again, this is what it's all about.

Meeting anyone and becoming friends from this great site.

Thank you Mr.Keith Bagley.....

Dave      
77 nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 12:51am
77 nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 12:32am
Alright, finally got a chance to sit down and look at my pic's and put some up. Here you go..

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 12:22am
He asked me to move and I nicely told him there was a half hour line out in the parking lot and the people with boats on the beach weren't just hanging out and he was screwing everything up, but he was all stressed out and red in the face, pacing back and forth, and wasn't going to budge. I had had too good of a weekend to let someone like him get me upset, but I'm surprised that somebody else didn't. It was my first experience with a busy public launch. Pretty amusing. Saturday am & pm and Sunday am we beat the crowds and had no problems.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 12:08am
Bruce,

No one said anything to him? I am surprised no one opened their mouths....I would have been polite at first and then become slightly more rude after him not moving.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 12:02am
Good eye on Blake's windshield, Mike. Blake, how'd you do that?

Wakeboarding, you were pulling out just as we got back to the ramp. It got a lot worse when this guy showed up and parks his boat at the dock claiming the line starts there rather than behind the 1/2 hour line in the parking lot. His kid couldn't cut the line of trucks/trailers in the lot so he shut down one of the ramps until his kid could get through. He wouldn't move his boat out of the way, so we were down to 1 ramp until the DH got his boat out of there. It was pretty amusing.

Quinner, I think that was Hollywood that fell.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 11:48pm
So the real question is how bad was Timmy's Girlfriend missing me?

Really bummed I couldn't make it out again this year however after watching HW stand up that flying doc while Timmy was left in the dust (great video Fill) it looks like the Midwest Contingent was well represented!

Must admit I am also curious what the sign was changed to this year, IIRC it was Stang on my shoulders last year doing the same thing, we didn't have much to work with other then "Welcome" which was slightly inverted.

Congrats on another great success Keith, hoping to see you and the rest of the East Coast Goon Squad next year!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 10:50pm
   Way to represent w/ the CCFan logo on the windshield Blake!
    That's cool!

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 10:19pm
Did not realize that was a model. At first I was like those are some huge patio chairs.

Waldo
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 9:03pm
This was my first CCF reunion. It was an honor to meet Mr. Ralph and get some autographs and listen to his stories.
To Dave, Thanks for the tag I wear my Godfather proudly.
To Keith, Thanks for a great event and publishing my poem.
To Morefoot, Thanks for the kind words.
To Hollywood, Great to meet another famous CCF skier, Maybe someday I'll be a show skier too.
and to Phil, and his dad, Thanks for taking me wakeboarding behind your boat with a tower, that was cool!

My sister Reanna, really enjoyed skiing behind the 2010 200. She said it was so cold and rough she didn't notice how great the wake was but she thought it cool that she was problably the youngest to ski behind it and really like the boat.

I met some great people and had a really good time. Maybe next year I'll bring my Air Nautique.

Blake   (the little Godfather)
sandstpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandstpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 7:49pm
All the photos from Lake George look great! Looks like some awesome weather too. Hopefully everything went well, SWEET!
Finally a 2001!!!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 6:25pm
For those who didn't see my post in the b-day thread where I answered the question 'how was the wake on the 200?' ...

I would describe the wake of the 200 as a single, broad 'hump' rather than a wake (or set of wakes). I'm use to two 'bumps' behind my '94 SN and the 196 has a defined rooster tail (even with the hydrogate down) but the 200 is more like a small mound of prop wash.

It wasn't ideal testing conditions. Even on Sunday there was plenty of chop and the boat had four people and all their gear. It was early and quite cold so I know I wasn't cutting through the wake as much as I'm capable of. I also didn't ski at various rope lengths - just at 15 off, 34 mph. I imagine with a few more sets and in better conditions I would have been able to really commit and I'm sure I would have found I could have cut right through and barely noticed any wake at all.

The boat does have a much different look and feel to it than the 196. For starters we easily fit four slalom skis in gunnel lockers with nothing on the floor! It also feels much wider than the 196. This boat, with the open bow and the tower, looked much more like a crossover boat than the pure performance of the 196.

However, it handled every bit like a high performance ski boat. It drove extremely well and the instrument layout and visibility was much, much improved over the 196.

Top speed with the Excalibur was 43 mph so it's a bit slower then the 196. After looking at that funky hull, you can see why. Man that thing is crazy.

Very cool to have it there and a real treat to be one of the few who have skied behind this new boat.

A very big thank you to Lou and Jay from Offshore Marine!

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 4:44pm

When 2 boys ages 15 and 18 can sit for an hour and listen to a 92 year old man talk, in a room that over looks a calm lake while their boat is waiting for them, it is a good indication of what a very interesting man he is.

It also says alot about those 2 boys.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Million Dollar Beach ramp: You run out of dock before your boat floats off the trailer, but it has that nice self centering bump when you pull out. I guess you need to watch the tides. Can boats with towers get under that bridge? I was playing on that end of the lake taking the my kids skiing & wakeboarding and as soon as we saw a couple CC's headed that way we decided we better get in line. It looked like it was going to be quite the cluster f%$@ soon, and appearently it was.

Harddock-With that ramp and my 2 wheel drive truck I couldn't get over that bump on Saturday and so I swapped trucks with Kyle(66skylark) SUV. Then sunday I was wondering how I was going to get out since most people were not at the ramp and I talked to reid and hollywood and they suggested that i use the boat to push the truck out of the ramp WITH the boat. Best idea ever! I had my girlfriend put the boat in gear and give it half throttle and the boat and trailer and truck all come right out like its no big deal.

That ramp was a cluster f*&% the whole weekend. With my tower I took a left up towards the building before going under the bridge there.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 4:07pm
Million Dollar Beach ramp: You run out of dock before your boat floats off the trailer, but it has that nice self centering bump when you pull out. I guess you need to watch the tides. Can boats with towers get under that bridge? I was playing on that end of the lake taking the my kids skiing & wakeboarding and as soon as we saw a couple CC's headed that way we decided we better get in line. It looked like it was going to be quite the cluster f%$@ soon, and appearently it was. One really gets spoiled having a ramp at home.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 3:46pm
I avoid Boston at all costs (just kidding), just don't seem to be too many foundries in that area. I'm sure I'll be back sometime for a skiing weekend with the NE crew. A van full of water, nice. Didn't you see the signs posted at the ramp to inspect and drain your tow vehicles of aquatic invasive species???

05 210 - thanks for sharing the room that worked out well and was fun.

77 Nautique - you are a talented man that boat looks awesome!

Fill - good skiin', nice boat glad to hang with you and Fill Sr.

I found a pair of size 12 black Mick Fanning Reef sandals. They fit me so I'll wear them until the next reunion, thanks!

Keith, good work the weekend went very well once again.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

You either get flat and shallow at Million Dollar Beach...

Pretty tough ramp if you dont have the right vehicle that can back in half way across the lake. Last year when my son and I were heading home he said "do you hear some sloshing in the back?". I said (ever the optimist) that it was just water in the cooler. When we got home that evening, I found about 20 gallons of water in the rear well (that the way-back seat folds down into) of my incredibly hip mini-van, . I was kind of surprised there werent any fish swimming around in there.

Sorry I missed you Hollywood, but it wasnt in the cards to go this year. We'll catch up one of these days (you seem to travel a lot...ever find your way to Boston?)
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 3:09pm
It was good to meet you Hollywood. John Berry was right when he said all those good things about you. I didn't notice any funny accents though.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 2:59pm
I had an awesome time coming up there and hanging with everyone for the weekend. I sincerely enjoyed just hanging around Marine Village or Log Bay chatting with everyone. If I seemed quiet it was because I was taking in the scenery of the lake, dozing off or just listening to all your funny accents! Glad to see new members making it to their first reunion and I hope they all enjoyed it.

You guys sure do take good care of your boats, they all were shining very nicely at the boat show. It was a tough call in many classes, congrats to those who took home the wood.

Mark Mel & Joe - 49 mph in a stock 78 Ski Nautique jumping off the water, wheeeee!

The 79 BFN coming back in to the sand bar smoking after laying down the hottest run of the weekend, LOL! That is how you do it... Ken, good luck next year but those Benjamins are fast, 3 out of the 4 speed champs!

What's up with those sketchy ramps? You either get flat and shallow at Million Dollar Beach or steep as possible skidding backwards at Adirondack. I'm glad I didn't wreck anyones boats at either one, sure was nervous though...

Y'all missed the glass water right off the docks Monday morning. Brad, Cheney and I couldn't leave w/o ripping some footing runs back and forth as long as you wanted to go! HA, it always happens that way.

And of course, Blake Kudzal - wow, nice work!

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

...Whose is this...and why does it look a little different to me? Is that the stock windshield?

Looks like everyone had a great time!

That's Kyle's (66Skylark) boat... its a 176!
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 2:31pm

...Whose is this...and why does it look a little different to me? Is that the stock windshield?

Looks like everyone had a great time!
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 11:15am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 11:11am
Hey Jeff,

You're the man! Many thanks to you and Brad.

You can mail it to me if its not too much of a hassle. My address is:

Eric Svensson
95 Coventry Rd
Newfoundland, NJ 07435

Let me know how much it costs to ship and ill either paypal you the money or send a check!

Thanks again for the early morning pull.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 16>
  Share Topic