NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Northeast Reunion - Sept. 18-20

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 13141516>
Author
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Before I forget ...

The Adirondack Dash
1st Place - Gregg Benjamin (30Rock) - 1979 Barefoot Nautique - 58.5 mph
2nd Place - Reid Pinkham (reidp) - 2009 Ski Nautique 196 - CCF Edition - 55.4 mph
3rd Place - Tim Benjamin (TRBenj) - 1990 Ski Nautique - 51.2 mph
4th Place - Todd Benjamin - 2004 Ski Nautique 196 - 49.9 mph

Best of Class - 1969 and Earlier
Bruce Hart (Riley) - 1963 Classic

Best of Class - 1970-1981
Jeffrey Toro (77 Nautique) - 1977 Ski Nautique

Best of Class - 1982-1989
Brad Harper (Barracuda) - 1986 Ski Nautique 2001

Best of Class - 1990-1999
Tim Benjamin (TRBenj) - 1990 Ski Nautique

Best of Class - 2000 and newer
Reid Pinkham (reidp) - 2009 Ski Nautique 196 CCF Edition

Most Dedicated
Laurie Pinkam - traveled from Mooresville, NC (with boat, dogs and Reid in tow)

Best Engine

Best of Show

-Keith

Puts new spin on "its all about the Benjamin's"

Maybe I will bring my boat next year so you guys can see what a real boat that actually gets used looks like

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Before I forget ...

The Adirondack Dash
1st Place - Gregg Benjamin (30Rock) - 1979 Barefoot Nautique - 58.5 mph
2nd Place - Reid Pinkham (reidp) - 2009 Ski Nautique 196 - CCF Edition - 55.4 mph
3rd Place - Tim Benjamin (TRBenj) - 1990 Ski Nautique - 51.2 mph
4th Place - Todd Benjamin - 2004 Ski Nautique 196 - 49.9 mph

Best of Class - 1969 and Earlier
Bruce Hart (Riley) - 1963 Classic

Best of Class - 1970-1981
Jeffrey Toro (77 Nautique) - 1977 Ski Nautique

Best of Class - 1982-1989
Brad Harper (Barracuda) - 1986 Ski Nautique 2001

Best of Class - 1990-1999

Best of Class - 2000 and newer

Most Dedicated
Laurie Pinkam - traveled from Mooresville, NC (with boat, dogs and Reid in tow)

Best Engine

Best of Show

-Keith

Congratulations to all ...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 8:04pm
Tim
51.2 mph on what you call a slow hull!! LOL

congrats to all..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Tim
51.2 mph on what you call a slow hull!! LOL

You know, it was probably a GPS anomoly and it'll never happen again... but Ill take it! Not sure what the reason was, but I picked up 200 RPM out of nowhere and was running a tad over 5400 on Sat. Maybe it was the fresh wax, or the 3 people in back, or maybe the change in elevation (500' vs. 1200')... I dont know. I was consistently seeing 48-49 on the Airguides which the GPS verified. I must have caught a wave just right to hit 51! In all honesty, my uncles 196/6.0L was creeping on me ever so slightly with 2 people in the front on the way out to Log Bay- so that was really the faster boat. His 49.9 was legit! The BFN ran faster than normal too- it must have been that Lake George water.

Jeff (77 Nautique) and Mark Mel both turned in identical fast GPS runs as well- 49.1mph out of stock boats. I got to act as ballast for both of them... Impressive (and fun)!

Tim, both the BFN and my '90 are high hour boats (1200+). I dont put as many hours on them as Id like, but I can assure you that theyre not trailer queens. Brad's '86 (repeat class winner) is as good a workhorse ski boat as Ive seen- it gets put through its paces more often than most!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 8:18pm
looks like it was a blast!! nice gathering..
I still find it difficult to put the names to the pictures though. Some I can recognize others I need to figure out!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
NEDLUTZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEDLUTZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 8:19pm
Tim
maybe that nice crisp cold air.

congrats to all.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 8:27pm
Brad's boat is nice and Cheney is a good driver. I was sitting in the back seat while Brad barefooted and Cheney was cranking right along the shoreline.

David skied off Brad's boat and had a really good run. It tracks solid and Brad either has speed control or he is a heck of a driver as the speed did not fluctuate. I was really impressed.

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

You know, it was probably a GPS anomoly and it'll never happen again... but Ill take it! Not sure what the reason was, but I picked up 200 RPM out of nowhere and was running a tad over 5400 on Sat. Maybe it was the fresh wax, or the 3 people in back, or maybe the change in elevation (500' vs. 1200')... I dont know. I was consistently seeing 48-49 on the Airguides which the GPS verified. I must have caught a wave just right to hit 51! In all honesty, my uncles 196/6.0L was creeping on me ever so slightly with 2 people in the front on the way out to Log Bay- so that was really the faster boat. His 49.9 was legit! The BFN ran faster than normal too- it must have been that Lake George water.

I don't know Tim, I think it was the fact that I was in the boat. lol
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 11:15pm
Tim, was our hole shot race official? Your BFN is a rocket, but I did see you in my rear view the entire way to 45MPH. I would never come close to your '90 though!

Fun time, it was great seeing you and your family, Tim. I'll say it again, you have the coolest parents on the planet!

Looking forward to GL 2010!

Ken
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 12:19am

WOW,

What a time it was on LG.. even if I did'nt go out at 6am.
I saw you all out my window...

And to watch all the boats flying at the bay was cool..
Now we have a "Big Dog" at 58.5

I will soon post some pic's from Thursday night cook out.
Had some great talk about making 6 balls all night...hehe

The fun with all the people make great summer ending better.

But now I have to get ready for St. John's and their speed run's.

Well better go now, because I know someone is saying sh$$$$t,
it's starting again. It will help keep you northern guy's warm..hehe

Dave
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 12:46am
Yes, that was the first time I skied in 45 degree weather with wind chills lower than that. All worth it. Dave, maybe we'll see you in February!

Ken
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 1:03am

The door is always open Ken, you know that..

Tell the wife it will be warmer too... Had fun with you guy's
thank you !!!!

Tell Patrica, sunday me and Chanhpheng walked the town all day till we left. The Jazz band at the park was great and the boat show as well.

Dave

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 1:17am
WOW! Another fantastic CCFan reunion!
Lake George sure is a beautifull lake to spend the weekend with a great bunch of friends.

As always the weekend went by too fast.
I'm going through some pictures and will post them up soon.

A great big THANKS to everyone who contributed to make it a great weekend!

-Brad

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 6:15pm
It sure looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Man, I would've thought that Harleys & Nautiques would mix rather well??

Hey Uzeguyzzzz got a problem with my BooomBox?

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 6:21pm
Ha! awesome pics. That is some ride he had there.
1978 Nautique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Fun time, it was great seeing you and your family, Tim. I'll say it again, you have the coolest parents on the planet!

I cant disagree with you there, Ken!

Go ahead and call it official... until next year! I think we would have ran a lot closer had I not had a boat full of people, but your '86 is a decently quick machine with that 540. I think the BFN will be going on a weight loss diet this winter, so watch out!

Mark, maybe youre right- feel free to swing up to Tyler any time. Seriously though, we should definitely plan to get together- if not this year, next.

As usual, my camera skills were non-existent at the reunion- but our friends the Cunninghams came through for us! Hopefully we'll see them back next year with their '02 196 in tow.

The run out to Log Bay on Sat:

The sand bar in Log Bay:

Uncle Todd's '04 196/ZR6:

Mom and Pete skiing all the way back from Log Bay... holy crap.

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 8:38pm
Tim,
Nice picks dude... Looks again like everyone got the break in the weather you needed and started smiling... That's awesome... Seems like you have your whole family involved.. That's very cool, love to see it..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 12:14am
Here are a few photos from last weekend:

Orange Crush at the boat show:

Photo of Jeff's 77 SN taken from the 200 at 6 AM Saturday morning. Bruce's son David taking photos of the 200

Log Bay scene...

Bruce's son David barefooting Saturday morning

Mrs. B

Phil (lfskizzer)

Tim

Mrs. B and Willow
lilkbags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkbags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 3:19am
Well I'm sitting in Seattle with my brother (both out here from work) and we are still talking about the reunion and all the fun we had and what a great time everyone else had. Here are few pictures including the 5:30 am before and after shots of the sign....
Adam's demo on Saturday

Blake reading his CCF tribute!

The sign... before, first attempts at reaching it and after...

~Karen
-Karen
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 1:40pm
Karen, Thanks for capturing the moment. Blake was thrilled to see it this morning while getting ready for school. There is not enough "Image Stabilization" for me to take pictures.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 3:59pm
Quote Mark, maybe youre right- feel free to swing up to Tyler any time. Seriously though, we should definitely plan to get together- if not this year, next.

Definitely, there's still some time in this season to make it happen.
1978 Nautique

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 7:01pm
Great pics! looks like everyone had a great time, wish I could have made the trip. looks like I may need to plan on attending both reunions next year!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 9:21am
did the GF stay out of trouble?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 11:51am

Yes Eric,

I promoted Pepsi at the event...hehe

And I even kept a low profile on the hogs...

But I wish you were there to have fun with the gang.

Dave

I need to post my pics...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 12:29pm
GF kept a very low profile. I think next year he ought to bring those white sun glasses back and wear them for at least part of the weekend.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 6:46pm
What a life.....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 6:48pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 6:49pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 7:59pm
My highlight of the reunion:

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 8:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 13141516>
  Share Topic