NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Northeast Reunion - Sept. 18-20

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 16>
Author
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 11:54pm
Yeah, I never got it. Our '78 can bury the 50mph airguides although that doesn't mean much.

I really need to put a gps on it. I wonder what it would do if I had the timing set right - and a good tune on it.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 11:56pm
These boats from factory come with the 422 prop(4 blade) very good hole shot I am guessing but not for top end. I was maxed out at 50mph.
I have to try a 470 prop (3blade) and see the difference.
also different in lenght and weight probably didnt help either 1 person in the 78 and 2 in the 206.
Just my thoughts on it.
-Phil
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:02am
Oh absolutely. All in good fun - just cool to see that something that is 31 years old and unmodified can run with something new.
1978 Nautique

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:04am
That's amazing. My ole 1980 WOT on a good day would show about 46MPH with the stock 13X13. That was the best I saw from those speedos. You should see if the GPS agrees. Sounds like a real healthy motor!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:06am
My '86 just barely makes 46MPH with the 540. I can't seem to own a CC that does over 46.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:26am
I know I really need to check. It needs a good tune, it's loping now and I need a damper plate - it's clicking. But it seems to run like a scalded cat.
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:41am
Who's traveling to LG on Thursday? No room for BBQ's at the motel, but I'm sure we can drum something up at a local restaurant/bar.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:46am
I think we need to start a list;

Thursday morning;

Phil - Ifskizzer
Mark Mel

Add to the list as we go. Copy the people above you and your name to the list.
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

I think we need to start a list;

Thursday morning;

Phil - Ifskizzer
Mark Mel
Nautique2001

Add to the list as we go. Copy the people above you and your name to the list.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 11:02am
Arriving some time Friday Night.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:00pm
Friday noonish
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:37pm
Okay, where are all the registrations? Lots of people have mentioned they are going to the Northeast Reunion but we only have a handful of registrations so far. If you're planning to make it to Lake George, please sign up today. We'll be ordering shirts, taking counts for meals, etc. before you know it and we don't want to leave anyone out.

We all know it's going to be a tremendous weekend and the perfect way to wrap up the summer. I hope to see you there.

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by lfskizzer lfskizzer wrote:

These boats from factory come with the 422 prop(4 blade) very good hole shot I am guessing but not for top end. I was maxed out at 50mph.
I have to try a 470 prop (3blade) and see the difference.

I hate to break it to you but the factory speedo (including the PP) is wildly skewed at the top end. Dad's '03 196 reads 49-50 on the PP, but GPS indicates about 45mph. Thats with the 470 on it- the 422 might be a touch off that. With a longer/heavier hull and tower, I would expect your 206 to be good for about 44. My Skier with a bone stock 302 will lose about a boatlength out of the hole and hold it on the top end... with a person or 2 in the back seat I bet the old chrome would have walked away pretty steadily. A 2nd gen SN with a 351w should be faster out of the hole for sure, and that hull is notorious for running close to 50mph right out of the box. The race shouldnt have been all that close!

Ken, dont be so scared of the SN/454... that should weigh just about as much as the BFN and might not come out of the hole as good as a small block. Youre right that the BFN is no holeshot queen and mine is particularly doggy at the moment- we'll see if a new carb, dist and prop help it. If you missed my earlier post, I spoke with Woody and he said stock BFN (330hp 454) and stock 2001 (240hp 351) should come out of the hole pretty close, but the SN may have a slight advantage. Ill do what I can to tip the scale in my favor by LG

No definite plans on when we'll be arriving in LG- Im not even sure which boat Im bringing. I expect it would be sometime Thurs, or very early Fri at the latest.
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 12:57pm
Tim,

We did do a GPS on it on Lake Zoar back in the beginning of July, And found that the speedo was 3 mph slower then GPS. So My speedo was registering 47mph which in tales 50mph. Do you happen to have a 470 I can try out to see if it is better?

I will try it again one of the weekends soon.
-Phil
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 1:30pm

the speedo was 3 mph slower then GPS. So My speedo was registering 47mph which in tales 50mph.

Phil, at what speed did you check it? Like I said, both speedos are off at the top end (the PP is very inaccurate above 36) so my guess is that youre looking at 2 inaccurate sources of info. The only thing that I can think of that might give your boat an advantage is if you have a hydrogate and had it up- but I still highly doubt that youre pushing 50. Get a GPS on it, they dont lie!

I dont have any spare 470's, sorry- Dad has a cupped one on his 196 but he refuses to take it off!    We GPS'd the 470 and 422 back to back and the 470 was about a half a mph faster.
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 1:38pm
Yeah the hydrogate was in trick mode, so that was giving me the faster speed. I have to bring out my GPS again on a calm day and try again, is the 470 the one i want or should i try another 3 blade? LOL if i had the 470 on my boat it would be tough to take it off too lol. Tim I also have scene some pics of you working on the air chair on your FB page hows that going?

-Phil
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 1:51pm
The airchair is fun on a Sun afternoon when the lake is torn up... otherwise Id rather be on my feet or my F1! Im still terrible on that thing.

I havent physically tried another 3-blade on the TSC2, but Im curious if a larger prop will fit. If it will clear the hull, the 1442 (13.25x15) would be an awesome prop- and Bill Weeks seems to think that it will. I think the tunnel on the TSC2 boats will allow for a slightly larger prop than the TSC1 (which can only fit the 12.5" diameter). More research necessary- but I know the 470 would work! How many RPM's are you getting with the 422 now?
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 2:04pm
I am maxed out at 5k, I will check the clearance from the top of one of the blades now to the hull when I get home tonight. Wasnt there 2 versions of the TS2 hull, one without hyrdogate and one with. So ones without might not clear the 1442.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 2:13pm
The hydrogate was an option on the TSC3 (otherwise minimally changed from TSC2), but it didnt change the hull. Non-equipped boats got a fixed plate instead of the adjustable- so they all had the tunnel and will have the same amount of clearance. If you have an inch or more, I think the 1442 will fit. I gotta check the 196 as well.

Dad was turning his 422 between 4900 and 5000 as well. You have a bigger/heavier hull and the hydrogate, so who knows exactly how that will effect your top speed... but I would be surprised if youre doing any more than 46 on the GPS.
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 2:34pm
Yeah I will have to bring out the GPS this weekend if we get out early enough and check again at the 5k rpm to see what it actually is.

Are you done working on your boat projects too? I know you just picked up the ole Barefoot so i bet your been working on that getting it ready for LG.

I have next weekend off 15-16th didnt know if you, brad, and keith and whomever wanted to get together somewhere up your way? I was talking to Mark Mel about that yesterday that we should try and work on something for LG.

Also any of the returning Midwest crew coming out to LG? Come on register up you guys especially if you guys want a pull behind the new Ski 200 that Keith was able to get us.

-Phil
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 2:44pm

Are you done working on your boat projects too?

Ha, never! The BFN is getting the most attention right now, but Ive also got a Skier in pieces. I should also be tuning up a mid 60's 19-footer if I had any sense.

Looking at the calendar, Im afraid Ive got something going on every weekend through LG... theres not enough summer to go around!

I know of a few midwest guys that are hoping to make it out. Im looking forward to seeing the 200 myself!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 6:03pm
Keith, We're going to be there. I just don't have a count on guests yet and probably won't for a few weeks.
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 6:25pm
Bruce,

I am in the same boat as not an exact count on guest, I just know so far me and my father. You can add more alittle closer, so register what you think so we get this count up. This is going to be a great time again this year. I might even be bringing 2 boats depending if I get my 85 back together and running as I am doing a full stringer job and starting to work on bulkhead area and piping and floor placement as the stringers are in just the tighter area up front is not so inviting after a long day at work.
-Phil
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 6:37pm
Alright, I'll go with the usual 3, but it could be anywhere from 2-5.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2009 at 1:23am
Bruce,

I am glad you can come.. It will be a great time again !!!!

Dave

I was just at Woody's house working on "The One" with him.
He help me with my charging problem. Now it's as good as new...

Only cost 15.00 bucks for the part and a hand shake..

Thank you again Woody, now if I can only get to 60   
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2009 at 8:16pm
Bruce,
Looking forward to seeing you and the boys (hopefully both can make it).

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2009 at 8:29pm
Keith,
Tom and I will be there and hopefully David. There's a possibility that all 5 of us could be there, but I won't know until later. I meant to sign up for me, Dave & Tom, but fouled it up somehow. Dave & Tom will be sporting new Eagle suits. I think they're ready to try the short line.

Hopefully, we'll have the Classic in tow, which we ended up buying as a result of of last years LG reunion!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2009 at 11:50am
I'll have the F1X packed up ready to chase some buoys. Looking forward to getting a pull behind the 200!
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2009 at 4:56pm
Signed up, room reserved #59. 36 days from today. ;)
1978 Nautique

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2009 at 8:08pm
Glad you are coming Mark,

Now let's watch the count grow....

I think a good 40 plus boats will do fine !!!!

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 16>
  Share Topic