Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse Rotation Firing order?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
crnsuperduty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crnsuperduty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Rotation Firing order?
    Posted: July-25-2009 at 4:30pm
I keep finding ford firing order, but nothing for chevy. 79 nautique. New 350, reverse rotation. Should the firing order, just be opposite of standard SBC??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crnsuperduty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2009 at 1:22am
Figured it out. Just opposite standard sbc. Now the crankcase is filling with water. Not a good feeling about that one. Any ideas?
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2009 at 1:43am
please, define "new engine"

Firing order for RR SBC:
1-2-7-5-6-3-4-8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crnsuperduty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2009 at 3:32pm
Engine was built by po. Supposed to be brand new, never in the water. That can not be verified. Original block was trashed. I don't know what all original parts were used in the new engine. I posted more in the general section, hoping for more traffic over there.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2009 at 3:41pm
You said "filling with water". That sounds like you're seeing a lot of water to me. Is it so much or just a little chocolate milk on the dip stick? Do you see any oil leaks? Water leaks?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crnsuperduty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2009 at 9:51pm
More info in general posts.

We got I guess 1 to 2 quarts of water in the oil and filter. I put a hose from the block to a drain pan, so we could see how much we were getting. I had the valve cover off, oil colored water was coming out the push rods. It appears that the intake\gasket could very well be the culpret. Trying a new gasket tommorow. Hope it helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic