Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine for Air Nautique 210

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine for Air Nautique 210
    Posted: July-28-2009 at 5:31am
Hello,

I am thinking of buying a Super Air nautique 210, year 2000. However, it needs an engine. Does anyone know what kind of engine came with this boat, and what engine can be fitted in?

Thanks very much for your help
Frank
Frank
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 12:37pm
I think it came with a PCM GT40 (fuel injected Ford 351wHO)Rated at 310hp or a PCM Excalibur (Fuel injected GM350) rated at 330hp on that time, 343 nowadays.

but you could put any engine you want, it depends on how much you want to spend.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 12:41pm
GT40 would have been original. The Excal didnt debut until 2003. With a different set of mounts, you could probably use a Chevy though.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 2:41pm
In 2000 there were several engine options besides the Ford GT-40 as mentioned, although the GT-40 is going to be the most common.
There was also a couple Chevy's available, the 350ci Apex or the 502ci Python, and I believe the base engine was a SBC 305ci??
Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 4:47pm
Thanks for your answers. I live in Dubai. I will try to find Ford or Chevy engine here. They are not as readily available as in the US or Canada, though you can find some (as is where is) in scrap yards... Any idea where I can find instructions on how to mount these engines, just in order to get a genereal idea of the kind of work involved, as next step is to find shop who can do this here, and there arent too many of those either...
Frank
Frank
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

and I believe the base engine was a SBC 305ci??

but in a SAN? Woudn't that make it a MAN (Mediocre Air Nautique)?
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 6:20pm
Frank the boat is now w/o an engine or the one in it its toasted... in that case you could rebuilt your existing one...just my .02
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 6:26pm
thanks. I dont know actually. I will know more this weekend. Keep you posted. Thanks for your help
Frank
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 6:32pm
If you go to skidim.com they have complete engines and transmission. That would give you an idea at what you are looking at. I am not to savy on this issue but I know some parts of engine need to be marine, like starter, ignition, and alternator. Check what you are getting and go from there.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 9:02pm
you need at least 290hp on that thing to get it moving and pulling.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 3:48am
I've talked to Vince @ SKIDIM about replacing a Ford with new 343 Chevy, and he said it is easy, they even have an adapter for wiring the gauges in the dash. I was looking at a Supra sunsport project boat at the time. They have a 5.0 package with a tranny included, but that would be on the small side for a SAN, I think it is for upgrade the 250 / 260hp fords in the DD boats.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 3:58am
those 5.0 put 275hp and with the 1.23 tranny not far from 290...
the price for the package if very tempting....
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 11:15am
The torque would be down though because of the smaller motor, not a big deal in a small DD hull that is pulling skiers. It would make a difference though in a V-drive especially with ballast, nothing worse than an under powered boat.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 5:58pm
yeap your right with the under powered motors, .they suck...around here they power some ski nautique copies (air victorias) with Y block fords V8 with only 180hp...guys who buy those boats are rookies and not much into the sports and the boat looks good, but when they start looking for bigger wake, and add ballast..oh boy those poor engines..eventually they sell the boat for nothing, or try to get a new engine that cost almost as much as the complete hull itself....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic