Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raw water impeller 1974 mustang

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
307 STANG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 307 STANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raw water impeller 1974 mustang
    Posted: April-17-2005 at 6:25pm
My 74 Mustang is leaking from a seal behind the raw water pump. Does anybody know where I can find parts for my pump? I have a OMC 225 HP (307 cu in) motor. I don't see chevy powered mustangs.
The pump does not have any manufaterer name on it. THe impeller has 6 blades ,is 4 1/8 inch in diameter and the pump shaft whole is 7/8".   
1974 mustang 225 HP OMC
swamp demon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swamp demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2005 at 9:49pm
try any old omc dlr just call around.
There wern't a lot of omc's put in cc but the ones i'v seen ran like a banshee
Rosser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2005 at 1:00pm
Try White Lake Marine,910-862-3688.They are the oldest CC dealer in the world.www.whitelake.com
1971 Skier holman&moody 1971 Mustang holman&moody
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2005 at 4:15pm
A friend of mine has a Mustang 17 with a chevy motor, the only one I've ever seen. Your pump might be a Johnson or Jabsco pump, the sherwoods have more impellors. Look at the differnt pumps on Skidim.com.
Tim D
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2005 at 1:35am
MY GRANDFATHER BOUGHT A NEW 1974 M17 WITH THE OMC 225. IT WAS USED FOR 10 YEARS, THEN STORED INSIDE FOR 10 YEARS UNTILL I MADE IT WATER-WORTHY AGAIN. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE PUMP AND PULLED IT APART, CLEANED OFF THE SLIGHT BURR ON THE SHAFT, THEN WENT TO MY LOCAL BOAT SHOP (NOT A OMC DEALER) AND PULLED NEW SEALS RIGHT OFF THE SHELF AFTER MATCHING THEM UP. APPARRENTLY THE SEALS FIT OTHER UNITS. THIS WAS ALSO ABOUT 9 YEARS AGO. RULE OF THUMB I LEARNED... NO MORE WATER, NO MORE SEAL!!
307 STANG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 307 STANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2005 at 9:12pm
Thanks for all of the info to everyone. I will let you now how it turns out. I am impressed with this website.
1974 mustang 225 HP OMC
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2005 at 9:06pm
Contact Karen or Vince at Discount Inboard marine in Columbia S.C. , They have a link on this site , They should be able to help you out ,
It has got to be ethier a jabsco or sherwood pump .
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic