Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What year std vs reverse rotation?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ndmp40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndmp40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What year std vs reverse rotation?
    Posted: April-18-2005 at 3:25pm
I am looking to purchase a used Nautique, perhaps one that needs work or restoration. I would like to buy a std rotation model, as engine parts would be easier to find and cheaper.
Is there a cutoff year or model or ?? where the boats are std rotation?
Any help would be appreciated!
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2005 at 4:10pm
I don't know what year they started, but it probably will not need restoration.
Tim D
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2005 at 5:21pm
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was in 1989 with the implementation of the 1.23:1 transmission.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2005 at 6:20pm
That's what I was thinking, when they started the reduction transmission.
Tim D
SS 201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS 201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2005 at 7:49am
You are right
ndmp40 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndmp40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2005 at 3:38pm
Thanks for the help. I will start looking for an '89 and up that needs work.
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2005 at 6:16pm
Good luck..... I have been looking for a long while. I like the '65 CC I have, but would like to find a bigger, more roomy model. All I can find are either too close to perfect (out of my $$ reach) or completly trashed
NO LONGER A MEMBER
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2005 at 6:58pm
My '77 Martinique is standard rotation with LH prop. My '93 SN is standard rotation with RH prop via 1.23:1 PCM tranny.

I am almost certain the previous owner of my '77 converted the engine/boat to standard rotation. I am glad he did as it is easy to work on and drives/handles just fine. I do tend to make ski turn-arounds to the left as going to the right gets my elbow uncomfortably close to the water. This is probably a direct result of the prop rotation, but something that I am used to and does not bother me.
65 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2005 at 10:51am
could you send photos of your interior of the 65 mustang? I'm trying to restore mine to original and there is nothig to start from.
Thanks, Walker
gwm@navbuoy.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic