Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skitique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Awai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skitique
    Posted: February-17-2004 at 5:00pm
Hi there,

Can someone tell me what the maximum load capacity (persons) Skitique from 1978?
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2004 at 5:46pm
guessing, but i think we all are at 5 persons. do you have a bia certification label with your vin #. load is based on area for some stupid reason.
Awai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 7:18am
Hmm.

There is not much area .
I just was wandering if it's safe to add some weight in the boat, for wakeboarding, and go with 5 persons and would it still be safe?
nauti girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 12:31pm
That's a good question. I know some boats are built with so much foam they are impossible to sink; I'm new to these competition ski boats, so I don't know about them - they might sink like a rock.
Nauti Girl
--I think my husband uses his own login now!
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 12:52pm
i would just go buy a bayliner i/o and stop at the concrete plant and tell them to filler up.
you'll have a killer wake.

your boats 25 years old and weighting it down might cause some serious flexing which will make it crack. just my opinion, but i would not put more than 800# in her. people, gear and ballast.

yes, boarders do weight down their boats with an awsome amount of ballast, but then they piss and moan because the gelcoat cracks.

a buddy has a old cobalt that he bought for 2k.
huge wake. it is it's own ballast.

sorry about the monday attitude, but you have a classic boat. take care of it.

Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 12:53pm
I had one fat sack (600lbs) and 6 people in my 76 nautique, and we were fine for wakeboarding, though I was nervous, the water was pretty close to the top, I wouldn't suggest any hard turns if you do.

Rob
Awai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 1:31pm
I know that it's a classic, but a boat is also for the fun.
800 lbs in not much, just 4 persons and the gear.
But I understand your point.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 2:32pm
On my '79 the tag does not specify number of people but only lists a weight of 985 give or take ten pounds for gear and bodies.
   Boat at your owns risk with fat saks. I agree with tryan these are clasic SKI boats not wake board boats. There are enough idiots on the water, we don't need people trying to sink their's as well. So if you want to wake board get another boat, AIR Nautique of course.
Awai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 2:54pm
Air Nautique ? I think you do not know what they cost here in Holland.

But I know enough, max load 985 thats perfect for me, now I can calculate how many people and maybe a little weight extra we can take with us.

I think that we can wakeboard with this boat. And it has nothing to do with fatsacs.
I just was not planning to overload the boat!

Robert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2004 at 5:10pm
This does not directly answer the question asked, but may be of interest about passenger loading the SkiTique.

The one I had was not equipped with a stern seat. Where was the stern seat? On contacting SE Correct Craft about buying skins for the seating and about a stern seat I learned that the stern seat option was a bolster made of the skin material stuffed with foam rubber and furthermore that the hull was delicately balanced to run with one pilot and one observer as a Water Ski Association approved boat.

On learning of my interest in stern seating I was asked if there were any installed wedging. On learning that there were small wedges at the stern corners I was sternly told that, if so, the wedges must be removed or the the Water Ski Association approval decal must be removed.

On removing the wedges I found that with any stern passenger load, porposing started below 30 MPH. I still have the wedges..the boat was sold to a person who was most interested in owning an approved boat. Anyone wanting the wedges may have them for free.

Robert
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2004 at 2:17am
Factory says 750lbs in passengers and 785lbs in passengers and gear on 17' '77 Mustang. Id consider adding wake weight much beyond your coast guard capacity would result in a swamp waiting to happen. If nothing else, make certain the added weight cant shift and that all passengers are aware of their peril.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2004 at 2:42pm
Man...maybe I'm a woosy, but both my '64 and '71 throw huge wakes w/o fatsacs or 5 people. Typically, we only have the driver and one other watching the skier...together my wife and I weigh 270 LBS. The engines are 289 and 302 (small). My cousin has been to Ski School and competitions and never complained...am I too old and missing some point...my kids aren't usually that polite!
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
ricktrav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricktrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2004 at 3:51pm
in my 88 2001sn it says something like 1600#'s total people and gear. well befor anyone even get's in we put atleast 1000#'s in but up to 2000# pluse 3 people. the boats a little low but as long as it's summer and warm it's not so bad taking a wave over the bow
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2004 at 3:38pm
Haha....when I load my 77 Martinique with four adults and four kids, I take waves over the bow all the time. It is really fun to watch the reaction of the person in the spoters seat get soked when the wall of water comes in the window vents and lands directly on his/her lap.

The last time it happened, the spotter happened to be a kid with a cast on his arm that could NOT get wet. I knew I was about to plant the nose, so I yelled for him to raise his arm...which he did just before getting a lap full of water. The look on his face and his dad's was priceless.
thendrix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2004 at 7:28pm
Robert: I have a '76 Ski Tique; I'm not familiar with the "wedges" you describe. My boat does have the Water Ski Association stickers (although they're looking a little rough). What wedges are you talking about? My boat does tend to porpoise for no apparent reason. Will these wedges you have help my performance?
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2004 at 2:02pm
BTW: My 77 Martinique has a load limit of 670 lbs. persons and gear.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic