NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Day at ReidP's

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Day at ReidP's
    Posted: August-16-2009 at 2:01am
Just got back ,well around 8:30pm est,from meeting Donald Tilley from Denver,NC and hanging around the BBC-ReidP's shop and then at his house on Lake Norman. What a great bunch of guys. Originally was hooking up with Donald to go look at a 92 SN but he talked me out of it cause he said it just about was junk when he looked at it last year.So we just decided to meet up at Reid's and hang out. Yes I got to ride in the -wait for it-----The Blue Streak!!!! Didn't get to ride the OrangeCrush but rode in the Blue Mustang-56mph-give or take with no windshield!!!! It's so fast it blew the windshield off the boat!He did a couple power slide/ submarines with it. I didn't tell him but he will know when he reads this I actually did a PP in my trunks!!!! Luckally the power slide threw water on me to cover it up. Man 56mph is fast in a boat!!!!Took pics at his shop, got to the lake took 2 quick pics and my batteries died!! Man-grandkids. Got hold off the camera earlier in the week taking shots in the pool and they must have ran my new batteries down. Oh well,I guess it wasn't meant to put his home up on the website cause then everyone would know where he lives--- but come to think of it-doesn't everyone know allready!LOL-Donald let me drive his SN just to get a feel since I'm kinda in the market for one,and what a difference between his and my 66.Would take a while getting used to the morse throttle,and oh the most important thing; driving from the right side of the boat!Thanks again Donald for the invite and letting me drive your boat and hope to get back down to see all the family sometime. Thanks again to all and you too Reid for your hospitality.Gonna try and post these pics and hope it's OK with you Reid cause most are of your boats at Race City Marine. Go to his website fellow CCFans if you don't know about it yet RaceCityMarine.com.I bought $65 worth of stuff just in the couple of hours I was there. Although my tandem trailer had a flat and he had 2 extra tires and rims just as like were on my trailer!. Oh well thanks again and hope to get back down to see you guys.Later,MartyMabe
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 2:32am
I'm trying guys. It must be to late- I've loaded the pics from the camera to my PC but can't find them now. Will try again tomorrow. Sorry!
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 3:07am

Sorry didn't get to get more of the mansion on the point! ENJOY!
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 3:09am
Now that I looked at the pics it is getting late- I cropped them wrong. I will fix tomorrow!
66 Skylark
93 SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 12:25pm
Marty,

It was good to get to meet some more people from this site. Reid and Matt are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They are very willing to help anyone who is intrested in these old boats. Yesterday we had a total of seven different Correct Crafts and two other boats at Reid's dock and this was not even a planned event.

The fast Blue Mustage belongs to Marshall. We all got to meet Marshall yesterday also. He blew the Windshield off a week ago on a high speed run.

Marty has a beautiful 66 Skylark with a Buick V-6 Left Hand Drive Boat that has been in his family since 1970. It is a fast boat and Marty has done a great job in keeping it up. He should be proud.

Donald
Donald80SN
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 1:01pm

Man,

I need to stop by that shop.. it look's like Mustang Heaven !!!! hehe

Reidp love the 2008 CCF banner ...

P.S. do you have room for about 200 / 60

Dave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 6:24pm

Now,

I know where SANTA lives....
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 6:45pm
Godfather,

There is even Cold Beer in the refrigerator at the BBC. I am not sure if Santa's Work Shop has beer in it, but Reid's Workshop does.   

Donald
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 6:47pm
If you ain't been there...don't ever turn down an invite...believe me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 7:59pm

I have heard so much about this place and sure do wish
I could see it someday soon.

I know reidp will agree.....

Dave
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 9:46pm
Kind of like CCFan Disney World
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:08am
Godfather got it right! Looks like heaven to me!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:27am
OMG nice shop....so were is it located...I will try to make my next visit to the us near there so I can drop in...also florida to visit jbear!!! it was nice speaking to you over the phone together with kristof...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:32am
Can't wait to meet ya in person....Kristof too.

Have to ask...you will bring your wife too..right? Kids too...Disney is only 30-40 minutes away.

Don't forget your barefoot suit.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:34am
Read the post again----
Website
66 Skylark
93 SN
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:45am
wife for sure kids uff it was a little hard, tomas suffered a lot too many changes in few days.he took plane, train cars more trains, 5 different bedrooms...I will see but maybe nxet year or the next....who knows..
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 5:48am
That's one place I planned in my trip to the US in Sep 2010!!
CC Disney World... I did say to JBear Chantal and I weren't really interested on going to theme parks when we come over, but... This is one theme park we wanna see LOL. Wouldn't wanna miss it for the world.

Once I have the definitive dates on my Afghan mission, I'll start contacting you guys to make the necessary arrangements on my US trip.
JBear, Buffalo and others, keep your phone in close range!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:34pm
Thanks Marty and Donald for dropping by. Marty happened upon the BBC early Saturday morning when Matt and I happened to be there replacing a pulley on a neighbors 86 Martinique. Marty's not gonna like this, nor will AdamT, but Jbear will laugh; when Matt sees Marty's boat pulling in the driveway he says "there's an older PINK Correct Craft pulling up!" Mind you the early morning sun was really bright slightly distorting colors perhaps, and I quickly responded with something like, "don't dare let anyone hear you say that out loud", or "it's called Champagne," or something like that.   I wasn't sure at first who it even was until I got a better look and realized it was Marty, whom I'd never met before. And then he tells me Donald is on the way also, and Donald can make a party just by himself. So as they described above, we had a great time hanging out and cruising around. Great guys, and Marty's boat is a jewel, to look at AND drive.

Kapla, we're in Mooresville, North Carolina, just north of Charlotte. Come on by.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:39pm
NC..well far from my usual us visits but well I could make the detour, just like with the belgium detour!!!..usually I go around NYC, and Boston...
Meeting fellow ccf members is way cool!!! I'm looking forward to do so in the next years...so anyone coming down under don't hesitate on contacting me!!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 2:30am

Sure looks pink to me......

The BBC is one attraction all visitors to this country will wanna see. Don't worry Kristof....it will be on the agenda.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 2:41am
Reid hurry up and post the pic you took of mine so jbear can compare to see who's is the PINKEST----boats that is!
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 2:52am
I'm waitin'....love to compare pinks....boats too.

Good thing my friend AdamT is so easy going...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

WLKONH2O View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLKONH2O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2009 at 2:42am
Marty it was great to meet you! Sorry about the "Pink" comment but I'm not up on colors like Reid... Champaign I wish I could have spent the day with you guys but I had to fix a SV211 on the north end of LKN. You have a very cool boat! I had never seen a CC with a 6 cylinder! Thanks for bringing it by! Don its always a pleasure! Thanks for making the BBC your meeting point! "BBC" Home of Orange Crush and Race City Marine!
WLKONH2O <><
96 Ski Nautique
Race City Marine
Inboard Parts & Repair
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2009 at 2:54am
I wasn't too far away on Thursday and Friday. We were at the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord. That place has a huge indoor water park. My 8 year old had a blast. I was planning on stopping by to see Reid and Matt on the way to Asheville but it didn't work out.
Tim D
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 12:32am
Jbear: Reid finally sent the pic to me so here it is!!!!! Go ahead make my day.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 1:24am

Boat look's fine, but i do see alot of Pink skin...hehe

dave
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 1:30am
It was PINK SKIN-- until I went to the beach!
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 2:58am
Man...legs like that beg for long pants...

Boat sure looks nice. Very cool that it is a family boat and you've been keeping it up all these years.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2009 at 8:15pm
Getting close to Christmas--Call SANTA with your LIST!
WORKSHOP
66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic