NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any lakes near Jonesboro, AR?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any lakes near Jonesboro, AR?
    Posted: August-25-2009 at 4:07pm
I need help! I am looking at a job in Jonesboro, Arkansas and it is getting serious. Flying up this weekend for the fourth interview (first in person) but I have a real delema on my hands. My wife and I really love where we are living right now, on the water, in Jacksonville, but there is no way I can turn down a big raise and a safe job with a great company.

Does anyone have any info on this part of Arkansas? We would really like to be on a lake, but my internet search has not turned up much within 30-45 minutes of Jonesboro. Of course, lots of big beautiful lakes 1-3 hours away, but i do not think I can do a 1 hour commute each way every day. I am worried that if i can not find something on a lake, we are going to end up selling the boat as we will not use it enough and then neither one of us will be happy.

I called a realtor in the area and she only made me more worried as she did not seem to know of any recreational lakes within the 45 min. radius. I will be calling another, but I could really use any info anyone has about this area.

Thanks in advance.

Adam
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2009 at 5:46pm
I just took a look at google maps..... I thought Ohio was bad!!!

Looks like nothing there!

Tim

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 10:35am
Yeah...my thoughts exactly. They better be ready to pony up some cash!
Boats:
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 11:02am
Adam, Can't really help you in the "Yeah there is Lake so and so," but there was a member here a year or so ago that called me to ask if I was interested in selling him my 88'. His name was Bill Jackson and he was from Jonesboro Ark. He had a sport he was selling but guess he sold it cause it isn't in the diaries anymore and I don't remember his "Handle". Not sure if you can do a member search to try and find him but if I still have his email and phone # buried in my computer somewhere I'll send it to you.

**Edit** You and Brittney will sure have a long drive from Ark to make it to the River Run come Feb!"
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

He had a sport he was selling but guess he sold it cause it isn't in the diaries anymore

Dont worry, its still in there. Actually, there are two!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 3:13pm
Wow, okay thanks for showing me up there Tim. Guess I shoulda looked a little harder.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 12:42am
You are amazing Tim...only surprised that it took you so long after Tim posted to find the info. (LOL) Don't you ever work? (LOL again)

Strange fact tho I noticed...this guy sold one Sport in '05 and another in '06. Must not have liked them.

Hope you get ahold of him Azeus....."good raise and safe company" how can you not go for it? You'll just have to leave a little earlier for the River.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 12:49am
With all the extra dough--Build your own Lake & they will come--(All CC's)
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 12:58am
Marty; Seen on the other thread that you guys are thinking of coming to GA...very cool. Last I seen you the weather wasn't so good..remember?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 1:51am
Refresh my memory.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 2:06am
Sorry...senior moment...mixed up with Mark Mel.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 11:20am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

With all the extra dough--Build your own Lake & they will come--(All CC's)

Funny...after talking to Bill, there is a doctor that owns a place in town that did just that. Built his own ski lake and a house on it. Rents it out to some lady for the last 5 years. I just need to figure out how to get her out and me in!
Boats:
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:28pm
So Adam, How did the interview go? Made any decisions yet?
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 1:19pm
Interview went well. They are putting an offer together right now and they are flying my wife and I back up to check out the area this weekend. Nothing is certain yet, but it is looking very good. The only question will be whether or not I keep the boat. I would love to, but a 2 hour drive to a skiable lake will pretty much mean we won't use it. Will probably sell and take up something else like four wheeling or something. Plus, I found out that a guy at the new place has a Malibu that he keeps on the lake 2 hours away, so I could still get my ski/wake board fix every now and then.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks for asking.

Adam
Boats:
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 12:19am
Its official, moving to AR in two weeks. Keeping the boat for now and we will see how much we use it. Maybe I will get to meet a few new CCF's at the Ozarks or Norfork Lake.

Cheers,

Adam
Boats:
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 10:10pm
Congrats on the new job Adam. Guess you and Brittney will have a long journey back to the St. Johns come Feb.

Does this mean your a Razorbacks fan now?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic