NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skiied behind a Malibu tonite

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I do have to add on the drivetrain of the MC's, if you really wanted to on most models you could spin a righty or a lefty prop because of the full power forward transmissions, not that it would matter but from a transmission standpoint they are far superior than what CC uses. when you crack 60k for a boat you should have a 5000.00 transmission in it, not a 1200.00 one.
moot point but something to think about, they use the ZF 630 and 450, its a rolls royce, compared to a KIA....plus more $$ to rebuild lol
really though, nice power packages in the competition. I dont know what the future holds for CC,
if i knew nothing at all about ski boats and just the mechanicals at this point not being biased at all, from a mechanical standpoint with 60k in hand....i would drop it on the MC. dont take that the wrong way,

Not to quip about your post and maybe I am reading it incorrectly but why do we call the Hurth transmissions throw away transmissions? They are very expensive to rebuild and the 630 is a notorious leaker. All my experiance with Hurth stuff has been bad. currently I have a 1:1 PCM in behind a 600 hp plus 502 in my flat and this thing seems to be bullit proof. As far as superior power packages in the competition well I would have to really disagree on that one especially since I see more broke down Indmars then PCM's. Eric come on down to where our boats are used and we put 350 plus hours on them each year you too will see the difference. Truly PCM has the clear advantage over their competition.
Also I do have a nice 98 Malibu reponse on the lot that I have not yet been able to give away,,,Any takers??

I do have a nice 98 Malibu reponse on the lot that I have not yet been able to give away

What's the give away price?
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:38pm
$10,500.00 on a Malibu Aluminum trailer.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
lonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 2:00am
Got out to ski tonite again behind the malibu. This time there were four of us. Extreme difference in the tracking, the sportster didnt move an inch either way while going down the course. I was taken back by how much more easy the boat drove with the extra weight.
lonestar
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 10:22am
it was unbiased and not affiliated with manufacturers, they use the 630 and 450 in 30 footers, dollar for dollar i always spend more on parts for the pcm transmission than any other trans, when they break they break and alot of times its cheaper to buy new when they do break.
I gues i look at it from a rebuilders point of view, i have a shelf full of pcm's, mostly a graveyard and the main reason is they absolutely cannot handle water inside them for extended periods. i see the other 95% out there....the ones that know absolutely nothing about boats or there workings
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 10:28am
Jodi, that's considerably less than a same year CC would go for isn't it? My guess is Nautique owns the FLA market. In New England it is Malibu by far. I'd say the way they distribute and market them has more to do with it than percieved quality or performance.

I like a Velvet Drive better than Hurths or a PCM. Those Hurths are noisey.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 11:42am
stuckey's in Arkansas, says he will take 75k for the new Corvette boat
"the things you own will start to own you"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Jodi, that's considerably less than a same year CC would go for isn't it? My guess is Nautique owns the FLA market. In New England it is Malibu by far. I'd say the way they distribute and market them has more to do with it than percieved quality or performance.

Could be the dealer too Bruce. Although I have never dealt with either, I hear more good about East Coast Flightcraft than I do NECC, unfortunately. (I stopped in ECFC one day a year or so ago to kill some time, and your name came up pretty quickly as a Malibu guy (that also happens to own a vintage CC...before you had the Classic)

With Jody talking about the 98 Response (one of the better looking boats out there, in my mind) I took a look at the ECFC site to see if they had any. They dont.   Just a bunch of newer wake boats that look like tanks to me. I just wouldnt care to have so much boat.

They did have the old FC advertised too. This is from when Malibu first bought FC and just slapped their name on the old FC hull. I really liked the original FCs, lean and low. Wouldnt you think they would at least wash the scum off this to sell it, even if it is a consignment.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:07pm
Larry, ECFC does a good job with both the sales and the warranty. The guy you talked to, Keith Murphy is a great guy. If he was selling Correct Crafts in '03, no doubt my '03 would be a SN. He tried selling Correct Crafts in Maine before Malibus and it didn't work out. He had a boat just like Tim's 90 at the Cumberland County CC one year.

I don't know why they'd post that picture of a dirty boat. Unless it was a private sale, it did not go out the door like that.

Larry, when are you going to sign up for LG?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Larry, when are you going to sign up for LG?

We are half planning on coming, Bruce, just not in a postion to commit right now. If we do make it, it will have to be a last minute decision. If you do go up to Orono, it sounds like we might be on a similar schedule. I am guessing I might be going by Worcester about 4-5 PM. Is that close to your schedule? Also sounded like harddock might be on the Friday PM schedule too.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 6:18pm
I'll be getting back to Portland around 3:00, so in that case we won't get there until 8:00 PM, unless he can get out earlier. This year, I think I'll go through Lebanon, NH, and not Mass, but I've got to look into that. It's 5 hours going through Worcester, maybe a little less going up 93/89. I hope you and Thomas can make it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic