Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

frustrating week

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: frustrating week
    Posted: August-27-2009 at 1:33am
Well our search for a decent 2001 has ended in disappointment.Over a thousand miles on my truck this week through two states and every boat I looked at was rotted to death(supposed to be perfect said the owners).I don't know where to look anymore.I have exhausted all my options.
I am open to suggestions.
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 1:36am
Restore one.
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 1:38am
I refuse to pay 7000 for a rotted pile of neglected crap.I made fair offers accordingly but the owners where to proud to take them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 1:51am
If anybody has an eye on a boat around my area it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
zip-73521
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 2:06am
Go to this website.It does e-bay,craigslist,locals,etc. Jaxed.com-- click on Mash-- then boats-- then whatever make of boat you want- nautique,correct craft, break it down into regions or states----
Jaxed
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 2:22am
Mine will eventually be for sale. Its an excellent canidate for restoration @ 5.5K

It has 1600 hours on it but its been very well maintained.

My wife is threatening putting me on the show "hoarders" if I do not sell it when we get a new one.

Tim

SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 12:08pm
I paid $7k for an '87 Ski Nautique. Then I spent another $4k to rebuild the stringers, floor, and gelcote. I only got $8k when I sold it. I heard it was resold and is at a dealership in TN. Long drive, great boat, beautiful country. Stop by LA on your way back and ski a few sets.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
ryanowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by form&function form&function wrote:

If anybody has an eye on a boat around my area it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
zip-73521

What are your parameters? Are you looking to get a cheaper boat to rebuild or spend more to get one already done... what is your budget? Only interested in a 2001?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 1:01pm
I have no parameters other than it must throw a good wake and say correct craft on it.We are planning on a new one next year and needed something to hold us over till then.Maybe even be kept as a backup or a quick weekday pull.
So I guess I would spend upwards of ten to twelve on a prime example if I could find one but am not against rebuilding one for a fair price.

Bill,I am in western Oklahoma so tn is pretty far but driving across the country stoping for sets does sound like a good retirement plan.
ryanowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 1:33pm
How about something like this?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 1:39pm
I totally understand what you mean about owner's pride! Were looking to get into something newer to have the peace of mind without wood (and get a gt-40). I think we would let it go for 7k, any less and we'll be way upside down after putting in a new interior, glass work on the floor, carpet and restoring the trailer. Its really a tough spot to be. They're great boats tho.... Someday I'll restore one to retire with!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 3:13pm
Thanks Ryan,Ill look into that one.

Storm,I have seen your boat on a few other forums.Too bad I am so far away.(10 hours)
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 4:07pm
Form,

I have a friend in Lexington, NC ( Near Greensboro) that is selling a nice 85 2001 with new interior and he is asking about $8K. It is on a Correct Craft trailer. He purchased a 200 Tigre earlier this year and he had the boat for sale on Craig's List earlier this spring. His wife and kids wanted a larger Wake Boat. It is not currently listed as forsale any where. I do not think he is a member here, but he may be.   

E-Mail me if you are intrested and I can hook you up with him directly so that he can send you some pictures .
I hope this helps,

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 4:19pm
Is this the boat Donald?
87 SN
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 4:26pm
I am in SC and I have an 82 2001 in very good condition that I could live without.
emccallum@embarqmail.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by SkiBum SkiBum wrote:

I paid $7k for an '87 Ski Nautique. Then I spent another $4k to rebuild the stringers, floor, and gelcote. I only got $8k when I sold it. I heard it was resold and is at a dealership in TN. Long drive, great boat, beautiful country. Stop by LA on your way back and ski a few sets.

You would be well advised to search out Bill's former boat and buy it wherever it is! He documented the rebuild on it here- all new structure, all new gelcoat- to say its solid is an understatement! Do a search for his thread, all the info you'd ever need is in there.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by SkiBum SkiBum wrote:

You would be well advised to search out Bill's former boat and buy it wherever it is! He documented the rebuild on it here- all new structure, all new gelcoat- to say its solid is an understatement! Do a search for his thread, all the info you'd ever need is in there.

Or go here
Feelgood M.D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feelgood M.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 5:49pm
One of those rotted pieces of crap was mine. Call me crazy but $3500 seems a awfully low offer for BFN needing some stringer work. It's still got a good motor, trans, trailer, no rips in the vinyl, and an OK hull. It's a 23 year old boat with ~1400 hrs man, rot happens. Has nothing to do with neglect and everything to do with the fact that boats operate on water. That passenger side stringer was probably well on it's way out when I bought it, but the boat ran fine and it hadn't caused any problems and it's not like the floor is collapsing by any means. It's got 8-10 inches of stringer that are pretty bad on the passenger side. If you want a boat for 1 year, who gives the crap about some rot. My boat isn't perfect, but what were you expecting for that price? I apologize about the stringer, but since that discovery I've updated my listings on CCFan and Craigslist. Patience and Expectations should go hand in hand and your expectations seemed pretty high. Not being a jerk, just what I observed the other day and from your posts. Didn't know you were on CCFan the other day either. Welcome to the site, this place has it all.
2000 SN 196

"Tubing isn't even a sport, it just f**ks up the water for the rest of us" -Quinner to a tuber behind a fishing boat on his private lake.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 7:49pm
Feelgood,your boat is one of many that I looked at and this thread is not based on our meeting.The reason I offered you $3500 is due to many factors like stringers,bent rutter,cracks around mounting flange from rutter impact,major damage from someone beaching the boat,rotted tires,missing guide poles and patched up manifolds.$3500 was a fair offer and Im sorry it offended you.
daddyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 8:48pm
I agree with the above post by TRBenj and would check out skibum's boat, if you can find it. That thread of his rebuilding the boat is amazing. It was my first introduction to this website and I was totally amazed at the amount of work he did and the pride in restoration he had. I was hooked on this site from it. I know it's a long drive for you, but if you're looking for a prime example with no rot, I don't know where else you could go. Anybody can say a boat's been restored, with that one you've got the proof.   Good luck in your search.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 2:26pm
What about this 88?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 2:45pm
Yeah, that boat would "get me by"... LOL

There are lots of 2001s for sale under $8k
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

What about this 88?

Only an idiot would pay 14K for that. Wood stringers are wood stringers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 4:05pm
How about I just buy your boat Chris.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Is this the boat Donald?
87 SN

Marty,

No, his is a 85 in Lexington, NC and it is currently not on Craig's list or E-Bay or anywhere. It was on Craig's list earlier this spring but his listing expired.

FYI,

Donald

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 4:55pm
If anybody finds Bills boat please post it.Would be a long shot but worth considering if it could be located.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 1:07pm
I appreciate everyones help.Like I figured you guys are a good group with lots of usefull info.Last week I drove twelve hours and picked up storm34's baby blue 2001 then drug it back to its new home.Kinda a ruff trip but worth a decent boat.I look forward to making it extra special.
Thanks,Ryan
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 1:32pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forsale/details.asp?ID=4784&sort=&pagenum=3

Call on this boat. I spoke with the owner a couple of weeks ago and by all accounts its about as nice as any i've seen or heard of in the last several months. it's all original and been in the same family since 1984
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 3:56pm
Good for you FF congrats on the purchase!!!
storm how are you going to replace that 88?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 7:27pm
Thanks Kapla. I'm actually going after Mojo's old 96!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic