Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

overview models

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Hans Romijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: overview models
    Posted: August-30-2009 at 7:46pm
Hello,

I live in Holland. Kids lie to wakeboard. So i must buy ski-boat. It will be a (older) CC. Great looks. A Barefoot probely. If i can find one. There are not many CC for sale on this site of the globe! On search for information about CC i bumped into the CC-fan site. There are a lot of types/models. And they are not all the same within the same model. different motor/HP etc...
I saw some history on the site of CC itself. But not much info.
Is there a site with an overview of CC models/HP?

Groet, Hans
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2009 at 8:25pm
Hans,

Welcome. No there are no other sites that will be of more help to you than this one. You can get a good sense of models/horsepower in the diaries section (do a search in the diaries, type in year range and model (most likely "ski nautique") and you can see the various offerings) Also look at the old brochures in the "refrence" section. If you want an older (you didnt say how old) boat good for wakeboarding, you might want to look at the 1982 to 1989 ski nautiques, all referred to as the "2001" model. Our good friend Kristof has one just down the road from you in Bree Belgium (what's that...about 200 km?) I'm sure he would be happy to give you a ride to check it out. If you go for a 2001, you will most likely end up with a ford 351 with 240 HP, plenty for your purposes. Barefoot Nautiques are a bit scarce and I dont believe people think the deep-V hull of the barefoots is as good for wakeboard wakes as the 2001, but I cant say for sure. Good luck with your search. I'm sure others will join in with opinions for you. If you have any other specific questions, post them.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2009 at 10:05pm
Hans,
Larry (75tique) is absolutely correct!! You found us! Yes, Kristof is down the road from you and being a great CCfan member will be in shortly to help you out. Welcome to finding CCfan! He's as best as it comes to being a expert in your area and CC's.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2009 at 10:20pm
Hans,
Our site has lots of features that in time you will get adjusted to. I just did a member search for Kristof and got his direct email. Here's the link: kristof
To get to a member email link, you go to the "member" list, pull up his listing and then go to "email" Yes, the problem is you do need to know who the nember is!!!!

Now, if you get in touch with him, don't let him send you any pictures of him in his bath tub!! We've seen them and aren't impressed. Now, his wife is a different story!!!!!!! - !!!!! too bad she's too busy making sandwiches at the shop she has!!

BTW, You found CCfan and we welcome you!! I'm very happy you found us!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2009 at 11:02pm
I wish you luck on your search! It probably would be hard to find a BFN overseas, but not a mistake! The wake is not the same as a pupose-built boat, but it isn't bad either.

I've heard rumors about production #'s for my '88 and there is a big contrast between SN's(Ski nautique) and BFN's(Barefoot Nautique). Has that been posted before? Or maybe Dave could help?

Welcome aboard!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 1:19am

I have been asked before about the 2001 models that were made.

But not the numbers for the SN or BFN. But I think both numbers were high when I did research before.

You will find all the different models and years on this site to review.

I hope this will help you.

And just like everyone said before: any model of an Correct Craft is good...

Dave
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 9:31am
First of all welcome Hans to best bunch of boat buddies you will ever find. Like all above this thread have said you'll have to do allot of homework on your own and dig through the diaries on models available to you in your part of the world.
The Godfather(Dave) is little shy at admitting it but he is our "contact" with Correct Craft as he works at the factory. He has worked wonders for some of us fellow CCFans, and has even gone straight to the source sometimes by asking Mr. Ralph Meloon himself if he didn't know the answer.

Don't hesitate to ask us anything and we will do our best to answer your questions. It may take a while for a response as those who know the answer are sometimes slow to do so but there are some (including myself) lurk here all day and an answer will be posted in minutes.

Glad you found us. Welcome!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 1:55pm
Hans,

Welcome to CCFan!! Good to see someone from Europe on here.
As the guys here said very well, you're always welcome to contact me for a ride on my '89 SN 2001. It truly is a great boat.
All the guys that wakeboarded behind her said they really like it and some of them are quite experienced.
You can still find some nice ones over here too and I will gladly help you out finding one.
Thanks to this great group of guys, I learned quite a lot about these great boats and also what to look for when buying one.

You can always mail me or give me a call: +32476/25.94.77
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Hans,

Welcome to CCFan!! Good to see someone from Europe on here.
As the guys here said very well, you're always welcome to contact me for a ride on my '89 SN 2001. It truly is a great boat.
All the guys that wakeboarded behind her said they really like it and some of them are quite experienced.
You can still find some nice ones over here too and I will gladly help you out finding one.
Thanks to this great group of guys, I learned quite a lot about these great boats and also what to look for when buying one.

You can always mail me or give me a call: +32476/25.94.77

Actually I can say the 2001 hull makes an impressive wake with out ballast, I was able to ride behind Kristof`s boat(first time on a 2001 hull for me), while taking vacations in europe (the belgium detour) and I was able to land all my usual tricks I through with my 1992 with 1800 and plus ballast!!!
To bad kristof wasn´t there to see my performance!!!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 1:47pm
Dag Hans! Another dutchie here, living somewhere else though. Like said before; if you want an older CC for wakeboarding, get a 2001. It has a better wakeboard-wake than the Barefoots. And (normally) doesn't have the 454 engine that uses more gas (though the 454 sounds even better... :).
We use a 2001 for our wakeboardschool and we love it.
Problem might be to find a good one in Holland. Whenever I see one for sale in NL it's totally screwed up.
If you're interested in a 2001, check out www.the2001.com and read it front to back and back again. Do your homework before buying one.
Good luck!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 3:00pm
Hans....boobie....
Sorry, had to do it.
Welcome to the site.
This site, along with Kristof and Trip, should be a great help in your search. I'm partial to the Barefoot, but they are harder to find.
Good Luck, and welcome aboard.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 7:48pm
Hi Tique, i don't see you're name. Excuses. Thanks for you're reply. It is very very helpfull.
Bree is about 85 km from my place. I like to meet Kristof and his boat. Is it possible to arrange? He can call me mobile 0653343733. If i have his number i will call him.
I think its a problem to find a good CC in Holland. Even bigger problem is to find a good '2001'. Coming sunday i visit a quy with a American Skier 1978. Boat looks very fresh on the internet. But he ask to much money for it. It is not a '2001'. There is no other (good and old) CC for sale in Holland on the moment. Looking on sites for boatsales there are old CC's for sale in Berlin, Austria etc...
Perhaps it is a solution to import one from the States.... I go for a '2001'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 7:53pm
Hello Dave, Thanks for you're reply.

Do you mean that there are build many '2001'?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 8:00pm
Hoi Trip, you're right about the screwed up boats. Not only the BFN. Just bin looking at such a boat in Aalsmeer. Drama.
I will check out the site. Dank je.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 8:18pm
Hello Kristof. I understand you are living in Belgium. Bree is about 85 km from were i live. Near 's Hertogenbosch in NL. You said 'you still can find nice ones over here'. Do you mean in the States or Belgium?

anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 8:32pm
Hans, Kistof belongs to cool ski club over there. I bet he has the people network to spot one over there.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:08am
Hola Hans, finding one in the US might not be a bad idea. I don't know how much shipping and import will be, but you'll have a muuuucchhh bigger selection to choose from to make it worth while.
A friend of mine in NL is also considering bringing a Super Air Nautique from the states. Might be interesting to hook up with him to find a shipper and maybe share some of the costs.
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 3:11pm
Hi Hans,

I saw your looking for a Nautique in Holland.
Bought a '92 Barefoot myself a month ago.
Picked it up at Sassenheim, spent years on the Kaag lakes.
Earlier this year, I sold my beloved mahogany 1969 Boesch 580.
Very nice, but very high maintenance as well.

Wonder which 2001 you saw in Aalsmeer.
Could have been one a friend of mine bought new in Florida in the early 80's and sold 6 years ago to somebody in Aalsmeer. This one was grey, name Speed Queen.

Cheers
Michiel
Monnickendam Holland
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 4:34pm
With all those new members from this neighborhood, we definitely need a real European CCF reunion

Hans,
I used "zoekwekker.nl" to find a CC and had a few good hits. If you want to make a ride with my boat, I'll be on the lake at Maaseik this sunday. You can still call me if you want to come by. I'll be more than happy to let you try the boat and also the wake...! (Bring your board)

Having one come over from the States is also an option. I know a few people that can give you some good info on that.
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 7:16pm
Ha Michiel,

Is it possible that i have seen this BFN in the great 'boat for sale' book? Owners name is Richard? When i give him a call this BFN was just sold. Pitty. He also had another CC but this was bagger. Was (re)painted in blue. The boat from Aalsmeer you descript. This Richard had this boat for about 6 years. Coincidence?

Is you're Barefoot a fine boat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 7:29pm
Yo Tique, the lakes en rives in Holland are not so smooth. Wind make waves. To go with you're CC through this restless water a deep V hull is nessesary. When i read all the information a deep V hull gifs not the 'best wake'. So i need a CC with a kind of mixed hull. Is a '2001' foresee with such a hull? Or is it rather flat?
Do you know the specs of a CC America Skier?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 9:05pm
Hello Kristof,
i think a meeting on sunday is possible. Some where between 13 - 14 hours. In the morging i will look at a CC American Skier '79. Only he asks to much. But i can learn from this visit.
I try to come with my son Guus(12). He is the wakeboarder at our family along with his sister (15). I am only the driver of the boat.Ha, ha,..
We startet only this summer with wakeboarding. We borowed a board and boat. Guus is a very good pupil. So we decide to buy our own stuff. I a CC. He a nice board. That's our story.

how can i find you at Maaseik?
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 9:28pm
Hans, how big are the wakes you are talking about. I have a 2001, is uncomfortable when you have the wakes but is fine because I can't ski anyways. Little stuff does ok but you need to go slower and usually people on the back get wet.
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 5:08am
Hi Hans,

Guess Richard is the guy who advertised an early '80s BFN and a repainted SK. Saw them both on Marktplaats. People should be shot for repainting a 2001 SN that way.

Found my BFN not in the "Boten te koop" magazine, but by googling "Barefoot"; it was on the internetsite of a Chris Craft dealer in Sassenheim, Omtzigt. He sold it on behalf of the owner, who had it for 14 years. Very good condition, 680 hrs, wakeboard pilon, trailer, red/black.

First I looked for a 2001, but like you found out, there are not a lot around in Holland. And because I live near a large and often choppy lake, I went for a (deeper) V bottom.

The BFN handles this kind of water quite well. And you do not get wet, which is the case at lower hull Nautiques, like the SK. Anonther plus is the amount of space in the boat. You can sit quite comfy with 7 to 8 people. Didn't use it for wakeboarding yet, but I understood the wake is quite OK especially when adding weight. It has the 5.8 HO Pro Boss engine, so power enough and the mpg is not too bad.
For me the ideal all rounder.   

I saw there's a '93 Excel (which is the same boat) for sale in Sneek at the importer. Yellow/black, new 5.8 engine. See Marktplaats. There is also a 1994 purple/black in Oostvoorne.

The American Skier looks like a ideal club boat to me; practical, basic, just space for a driver and an instructor. Less suited as a family boat?

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2009 at 4:48pm
Well Hans gave me a call today. Tomorrow he will come over to make a ride. Then he will know how a 2001 handles and feels.

Hans,
In the mean time you can take a look at these ones:

1980 BFN
1993 SN
1992 SN
BFN
1993 SN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2009 at 8:52pm
Ha Kristof,

Thank you fort you're search.
as you can see the 1980 BFN en the BFN are from the same owner. i take a ride in the 1980 BFN. It was'n a BFN. Boat was in a sloppy condition. The motor went down several times etc... So no buy.

I see you tomorrow an have a trip on you're CC. I am a little excited.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2009 at 3:54am
Take some pics of the meeting!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2009 at 6:08pm
Hello Kapla,

Had a wonderfull meeting with an very enthousiastic Kristof. He only wants to speak about CC, ha, ha, ha. His 2001 is a nice boat. My little son Guus (12) waked behind this 2001 as he never waked before. Fantastic. So i was a proud father in a great CC. I can't wait till i have one CC of my one.
I have made some pictures of 'The great K' in his boat. I don't know how to attach them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2009 at 6:24pm
Yo Kristof,

Many thanks for a wonderfull meeting this afternoon. Learned a lot about the CC. You're boat is top. My son Guus is also mucho enthousiastic. He waked great behind it.
I take my time to buy a good CC. But i cant't wait till i've got of my own.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2009 at 6:43pm
Is this site great or what? Glad you guys were able to hook up and I'm glad you had a great day together. Good luck with your search for the perfect CC.

That upper photo almost looks like its from a brochure.   How did you get it from that vantage point?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic