NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PWC opinions

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:36pm
Doc
Lighten up.
There are many topics discussed on this site that are opinion based. Not everyone likes beer, unions, Obama, Hooters, etc. (OK, everyone likes Hooters). But this is a site filled with well educated guys and girls who own, or are interested in, Correct Craft boats.. What a great place to get feedback on a different kind of watercraft.
I live on an 80 acre lake that does not allow PWC's. It is too small, and in my opinion, would be choked if PWC's were allowed. I have a cottage on a 540 acre lake that, in my opinion, has plenty of room for PWC's. There are plenty of times that the water is too rough for the BFN, and I don't want to float on the pontoon. I want to cruise around the lake and enjoy the water. Two weeks ago, we were at my father-in-law's condo on Lake Charlevoix (17 miles long), where we rented two 3-seat Waverunners. We ran these for 4 hours and had a blast. We also took them out onto Lake Michigan.
Like someone stated up the page; it's not really the PWC, it's when an idiot is operating it. I've seen plenty of boats operated by idiots, some are actually CC's. But I don't have a disdain for boats, especially CC's.
If I do buy PWC's, I will monitor the operation of them, and not just let Uncle Buford rip out willy-nilly and act like an A-hole. The same way I wouldn't let him drive my BFN. But wait, I stress when my wife drives my BFN.
BTW
No worry about the thread jack. Great video on water skippin. We've done that in the past, maybe 500' at the longest. We found that Polaris' ran the best.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

almabes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by mr_beat mr_beat wrote:

80's Standups!! I have a JS550 and they're a blast. Never ride a couch!

Dude! I had a '83 JS440 and a '93 Yamaha 650 SuperJet and a '92 SeaDoo XP. Then I got a wife and kids. No more PWCs.

The SeaDoo was the easiest to ride, and I never had any problems with it. The SuperJet was the most fun though. The JS440 had no rev-limiter, so I blew it up regularly.

favorite computer wisdom: net helpmsg 4006
'76 Martinique PCM 351W
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:48pm
We had two 96 Yamahas and sold them for the 88 Ski Nautique. Can count the number of times on one hand I've ridden one of them machines since. All the bouncing tears my ass hair out and occasionally I'd land on my balls, f that.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:51pm
Good post Steve.

On this topic...

Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

I've seen plenty of boats operated by idiots, some are actually CC's. But I don't have a disdain for boats, especially CC's.

...Just last Saturday I was waiting patiently on the platform with my ski on for the last boats to hit the road. Water was getting to be pretty glassy except for one boat who just kept circling the lake....guess what it was!?! A 97SN! It was at that moment I decided to hate all CC's...
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

All the bouncing tears my ass hair out and occasionally I'd land on my balls, f that.

Reminds me of horseback riding!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:15pm
get the inflatable ones that look like jet-skis and pull them behind your boat, best of both worlds
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:17pm
btw, i did have a brand new 3d still in the box, 3k took it, the guy loves it, real fast
"the things you own will start to own you"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

All the bouncing tears my ass hair out and occasionally I'd land on my balls, f that.

Now, that's an image I can do without!   

I have a 96 Yamaha XL760. Don't use it much, but it does a good job. Never done anything but put oil & gas in it (and lots of gas). Make you a good deal on it!
Greg

86 BFN
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:35pm
just a suggestion. Laser. Olympic single handed car topable sail boat. On a rough windy day you will fly and have your hands full keeping it upright. Quiet, fuel efficient, and won't disturb folks like a jet ski will. You don't have to buy a Volvo, and smoke a pipe. Thats for bigger blow boats.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Despite what people say about PWC's, there is fun to be had on them. Just like so many other things, it's the person behind the tool, not the tool itself...(insert gun control debate ). I get eye rolls when people find out I ride a "Crotch Rocket". They instantly figure I'm one of the D-bags that ride wheelies down the interstate shirtless, helmetless, cutting people off, making tons of noise. But 95% of the riding I do now is on a race track. I can't help it the vast majority of the people that use those machines are idiots, but that's not going to deter me away from having my kind of fun on it....

...Rant over

Well said c-bass. Couldn't agree more.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2009 at 1:14pm
We bought an 08 See-Doo I think it is a GTX 155hp four stroke Rotax 3 seater. It is a very stable craft. Very satisfied, just routine service which is expensive enough in my mind. We use it to get from point A to B. Like jumping on a golf cart to the neighbors house. I also use it to put the slalom course bouys in.
bj
hasbeenskier
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2009 at 5:23pm
Pesky little things, reminds me of a swarm of flies.
jwchapman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwchapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 12:56pm
I've got a pair of 96 SeaDoo GTXs to go with my 91 Sport out at my lake house. They are great to have when more people are out than can fit in the boat or just to play around on. I and my friends all have kids and I like the older 3-seat jet skis because they are stable, relatively slow, and you can take a couple of kids out at a time. Definitely more fun to have the jet skis in pairs.
1991 Sport Nautique
Rusty2sb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty2sb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 1:34pm
IMO you can't beat the Sea Doo LRV, they stopped making them in 01 or 02, but they are the best all around. Fast, Big, can ski, knee board, wake board and tube behind them. Tons of storage and room for people. Every time I ride mine I get the "Holy %&*# look at the size of that Sea Doo. They are rated for 4 people, but you can easily fit 5 or 6.

Steve
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 1:36pm
Last night, we picked up a '97 Seadoo GTS 3-seater. Runs greatl. Original owner, adult. Did not come with a trailer, but came with a single hoist, cover, and (3) Seadoo vests. $1600. Looking at a two-place trailer today.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

ryanowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 7:00pm
How about this? Stand-up that comes with a two place trailer!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 7:18pm
Ryan
You must be bored, looking at the K-zoo CL.
The stand up trailers are typically narrower and shorter than what I need. The trailer I looked at today was for stand ups.
Thanks for looking out for me. Something will turn up.
BTW, we're heading to Big Rapids for a barefoot race on Sept, 19th, if your interested.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 7:20pm

Ryan
The stand up trailers are typically narrower and shorter than what I need. The trailer I looked at today was for stand ups.
BTW, we're heading to Big Rapids for a barefoot race on Sept, 19th, if your interested.

Tull-

How about some details?

Tim

ryanowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 7:31pm

Ryan

Well, you got me thinking about Superjets now!

I use craiglook, BTW. You can do a radius search based on zipcode and it browses all listings so you don't have to go to each city individually.

I'll keep the 19th in mind!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 8:47pm
Because of the increasing death toll of PWC users and there victims, Oklahoma state legislators are considering banning them on state park lakes.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2009 at 10:33am
Tim
27 mile race on Saturday morning, 8:00. It's called the Lockwood Endurance Barefoot Challenge. I'm not sure how many teams will show because there is another race in St. Louis, and a figure eight race in Grand Rapids. Last time I heard there were 6 teams verbally committed.
Ryan
Thanks for the link. I've wondered how people search a wider range.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic