Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

94 SPORT NAUTIQUE WAKESURF NO BALLAST

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 94 SPORT NAUTIQUE WAKESURF NO BALLAST
    Posted: September-09-2009 at 10:14pm
anyone tried wakesurfing behind an older nautique with no ballast? wondering if it is possible and how good it is, thanks
1994 Sport Nautique 21ft 5.8L EFI Pro Tec Injection 310HP
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 11:17pm
Never tried wake surfing, but I have seen it done behind a '78 SN
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2009 at 11:29pm
Beck - We have a '89 SN, ballast it up to rated capacity, & my son can barely surf it ropeless. (I myself can only get slack in the rope for 10-15 seconds at a time).

So I think you will need ballast to surf without the rope, unless you are really good or a very small person.

I really like surfing (or trying to), takes a lot of focus, (not that I have any of that!) so go for it!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 2:18pm
I take my kids wake surfing behind a CBSN. I bought an older Fat Sac on EBAY. It is like a waterbed matress bag inside a heavy vinyl duffle bag. It has a little pump and hose, takes about 5 min to fill/drain and adds about 400 lbs. It helps but it still isn't like a Air boat with multi tanks and a Vdrive. You might have to play with the speed to get a sweet spot with the wake you have
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 3:00pm
I can wake surf the hell on my 92 sncb ..I need major ballast to get big decent wake.. I´m a regular so for me to ride front side I put 2 x 600 lb on the port side of the engine cover and one 600 lb in the back between the cover and the back seat!! with this set up i can go ropeless and I´m close on the 360 turns...
outlaw i know but its the only way on this older boats!!! lol...
without ballast forget it..no fun at all!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic