NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rub Rail

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ballihai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballihai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rub Rail
    Posted: September-19-2009 at 12:17pm
I have a 1976 Tique & want to replace my tired aluminum rub rail with either the black rubber or rubber / rope as on later model Nautiques. Has anyone done this?
If so, I would like to know where I can find the materials and what I should purchase.
Thanks,
Ballihai
Ballihai
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2009 at 12:36pm
Do a online search for Taco or here on site. West marine does carry it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ballihai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballihai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2009 at 6:07pm
Thanks
I did look at Taco & they do have a good supply of rai8ls, but I am unsure what to buy. any help here?
Ballihai
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2009 at 9:57pm
John,
Get some measurements and check the Taco web site again. I don't have the exact number but I think you need ether the 1" or 1&1/4" "J" shape. I also think they dimension to the inside of the "J" so do check.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2009 at 12:45am
Pete,

You post was a big help as usual. I want to change mine also. I looked (several months ago) at the TACO catelog and I did not see any rub rails that use the rope. Do you just use the J type ( at the proper size) and install the rope ( which I know how to do) instead of the rubber or plastic colored or black inserts? Is this how it is done with the Taco Rub Rail?

Thanks,

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2009 at 5:26am
Pete,

Nevermind, I went to e-bay and found Taco J Type for 1/2" Rope . It is 1-1/4" Tall x 15/16" Deep with part number D750326. For $121 for 50 Feet. I will be doing this over the winter. I need to mesure mine to see if this is the right one.

Thanks,

Doanld
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2009 at 11:08am
Donald,
Glad you found the rope style.

John,
Just a reminder that the part number Donald posted is for the rope style and not the J style aluminum you need.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ballihai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballihai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2009 at 1:07pm
Thanks again
Will do
Ballihai
ballihai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballihai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2009 at 1:09pm
Pete
I am wanting to change mine to the rope style
Just want a more updated look
Thanks,
JB
Ballihai
ballihai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballihai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2009 at 1:21pm
Hi Donald,
Thanks for the info. Have you received your rail yet & does this one work for your boat?
Ballihai
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2009 at 5:06pm
Ballihai,

No not yet. This is a upgrade I want to do this winter. I have just had many of the same questions that you had in the back of my mind.

Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic