NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. John Mini Reunion 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Anyone know if there is a local R.V. or trailer rental place in the area?

RV rentals can be made in Ocala about 30 miles west of Astor, but don't know if they'll deliver and set up like company did at GL. There are multiple houses for rent on waterways as we've done for years. Google waterfront rentals in Astor,FL, if interested.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 2:38pm
So it looks like Astor is going to be the meeting spot? I'm going to start checking out rates. Orlando would be the airport closest to the gathering, correct?

Ken
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 3:14pm
Ken,

I am about 20mins. from the airport.

We will leave early Friday morning and come back Sunday
afternoon. Just let me know if you need a ride.

Dave
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2009 at 12:35pm
Thanks, Dave. We would probably fly in on Wednesday so we could tour the Correct Craft factory and take in some sites.

Are we firm on the dates?

Thanks,

Ken
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2009 at 1:14pm
Ken, The dates HAD BETTER BE SET! I know that several guy's have already booked their cabins @ Parramores for the weekend of February 19th 2010. Parramores will undoubtedly will be ground zero. Plenty of room on the grounds for another great cookout as last year EVERYONE brought something to share. Be it grills, food,or drinks it was a great time and cool that all in attendance were willing to do whatever to feed to the masses.

As it has been said before we picked this weekend to allow more room for CCfans as the NASCAR fans will be GONE!.........( well most of em'!) and sounds like we'll be taking over the camground for the weekend. The Snowbirds are REALLY gonna love us!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2009 at 9:27pm

I really think this event will be bigger this year. "Just in numbers"
As you can see people already are talking about it.

And I am just glad to be one of them !!!!

Dave

I'm waiting on the big dogs to take the lead..    
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 4:04pm
Okay, Kim and I are booked in the Bream Beds cabin. Parramore's only has a few more cabins for the weekend, so you better making your plans to attend. Also, they have covered boat slips for an extra $5 a night.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 11:29am
Tim, did you get the Manatee or the Bass? We're 1 or 2 doors down. Glad to hear you're signed up!

I wonder if any of this rain is getting down there? A little more water in the river wouldn't hurt!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 11:36am
Hey stranger, where you've been (other than moving that dock of yours)? Signed up for the manatee but after thinking bout it for a while, we may move to a different one. Being on the ramp listening to those dang fisherman crank it up at 5am after an all nighter with this crowd might not be a good idea. It's bad enough that Kim has to sleep with a bear but a few outboards on top of that wouldn't be good. I ain't competing with no outboard.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 11:44am
We grabbed the Speck Hole on Sunday night of the last trip. It was pretty nice and has a screen porch, and I think Boat Dr. was in the Raccoon Den...he can give you the skinny on it.
1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 12:31am

We had good rain all summer long for a change.

It was 90 today and plenty of sun, had to say that for the uptown people..hehe

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 12:35pm
I have the Speck Hole Thurs nite thru Sat Nite. Yes, it does have a screen porch. Boat Dr was next door last year. This year I believe he is on the water side. Speck Hole is the second unit on the right as you enter the campground.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
P-CLASSIC 1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-CLASSIC 1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2009 at 2:58pm
Had a great time last year. I'll be there.
Boats are like family each with its own personality.

63 Plastic Classic (25th Ann PCM 351 GT-40 MPI)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 12:53am

Jared,

Thank you again for giving me a ride last year.
After that ride I said to my self: I have to buy a boat like this one.

Your boat has style and yes let me know when it is for sale...hehe

But this year we will ride side by side, "can't wait".

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-CLASSIC 1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 3:03pm
Dave

It was my pleasure to have you and your daughter onboard.

Wow great find on "The One" Love the stripe it really sets it apart.

I say we challange everyone to promote this next SJR and earn a new title for it other than 'mini" The SE region does have a few boats in it don't you think?

Was thinking we could get you a PCM 409-MPI engine and then Boat Doctor will have to chase your wake!

Congrats on your classic boat!

Jared

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 3:27pm
Jared,

We've actually proposed to Keith about making this an official reunion as it seems to be growing into a full scale reunion from the get together it was previously billed. That is one of the reasons why we moved it to the weekend after the Daytona 500 so more CCfans could attend and the campground would have room for everyone.
No word from Keith as of yet.

On a sidenote after the Masters waterski tournament, there was mention of CCfans bringing their boats to the tournament next year to show how off the types of boats used over the years at the Masters. I need to talk to Keith about this and call Art at CC to see if they still want this to happen. STAY TUNED!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 3:30pm
If there are CCFans getting together, it is official. What do you want from Keith?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-CLASSIC 1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 3:52pm
Morfoot

I'm sure moving the dates away from the 500 will really help as well as getting the word out early. Who doesn't want to drive South and stand in warm water in Feb.

Hollywood, I agree if it is official or not it's still great fun to be out there with a super bunch of people.

As with most anything "Demand will determine the destiny" of this event.

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by P-CLASSIC 1963 P-CLASSIC 1963 wrote:

Morfoot

I'm sure moving the dates away from the 500 will really help as well as getting the word out early.

Actually the date change has probably doomed me from attending since we'll be in town for the race but not very likely we'll be able to stay through the following weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-CLASSIC 1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 4:24pm
For those of you thinking of flying, Allegiant Air may have a great rate for you. They fly into Sanford International 25 miles North of Orlando International which is closer to the event. Most flights are direct and go for $29.00 to $120.00. You can also knock off I believe $14.00 or so if you purchase at the Airport counter.

The kicker is they only fly to smaller airports but I have found that to be much better than the lay overs at the Atlanta Airport.

For the city select "Orlando/Sanford"

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaRes/aaBookingFlow_1.php

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 6:02pm
Making reservations today!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 6:05pm
Is there a spot to ski or foot?
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2009 at 4:55am

Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Is there a spot to ski or foot?

Not too many places to ski along the river... remember, it is Florida
Although I think people ski on the lake, just make sure when you do your faceplant,
you're not near the shoreline

-Adam

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2009 at 9:19am
All you have to do is throw some chicken parts on one end of the lake and ski on the other.
1988 BFN-sold

theDUKEofWATERHAZARD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theDUKEofWATERHAZARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 11:32am
Hoping to be able to get in on this CC flotilla in 2010. Live nearby to the St. Johns and looking forward to communing with large groups of CC owners and fans! Where's the meetup point on the river? Guess I'll just put in down in Sanford and head north til I hear the rumblin??
"just a good old boy, never meanin' no harm.."
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 12:24pm
St.John's River Run as a "name" seemed to work very well last time,why change ?
The meeting or HQ will be at Astor. Parramores Fantastic Family Fish Camp. Several of us have already booked our rooms there. Not the best ramp to launch but a good one down the road a bit.
We had a great turn out last year, and sure it will grow even more in 2010. Keith is a bit concerned as to "naming" this event, and this is understandable.
The name nor the term used is of little concern, it is about the event and the boats, members and the time on the water.
We set all the gears in motion last year before we left as to agenda,date,room for numerous boats and a meeting place after hours on the "WARM WATERS" and now working on donations and other details to make all this come together.
It went so well last year that "very little formal planning" may be the theme this year too. We all had plenty of food , fun , fuel and frolicking in Florida.
I will keep everyone posted on the events as they unfold .......Billy/Karen
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 2:52pm
I'm with Billy. Everything went pretty well last year...not so many plans other than being there. The rest worked itself out.

We're in for toothpick surprise and probably more because we don't have a truck full of camping gear this year. Billy, you are the unofficial coordinater of this trip unless you have passed it off...let us know what we can do to help!

The sad thing is everyone knows what boat I'll bring...which are you bringing Doc?     

1988 BFN-sold

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

The sad thing is everyone knows what boat I'll bring...which are you bringing Doc?     

Plenty of time left Greg to get another.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 5:36pm
Just talked to the Doc, said he is bringing the Dart. I'm planning my route now. Think Paramores is all booked.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-CLASSIC 1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by theDUKEofWATERHAZARD theDUKEofWATERHAZARD wrote:

Hoping to be able to get in on this CC flotilla in 2010. Live nearby to the St. Johns and looking forward to communing with large groups of CC owners and fans! Where's the meetup point on the river? Guess I'll just put in down in Sanford and head north til I hear the rumblin??

Astor is your best spot to launch. Sanford is way too far South and has many Manatee Zones. The Parramores campground is a little North of Astor as well as the Silver Glen.

http://www.parramores.com/

Hope that helps

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic