NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001v-drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 21>
Author
359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001v-drive
    Posted: July-17-2023 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Wilhelm Hertzog Wilhelm Hertzog wrote:

Originally posted by 359 359 wrote:

I thought about converting my 2001, but the kids like tubing, my wife wants to learn to ski, and I want to try wakeboarding. Maybe I'll just start with some ballast bags and see how it goes.

That's definitely the way to start, IMHO. I suspect you give up quite a bit of versatility in terms of behind the boat activities when converting to V-drive, leaving aside the massive scope of the project itself. One of the most appealing aspects of the 2001 hull to me is that, with a relatively small boat, I can wakeboard, wakesurf, slalom ski and pull a tube just by varying where and how much ballast (or a wake shaper) is used.
Thats partly why I bought the boad I did. The kids can tube as well as learn to ski, and I can learn to wakeboard and wakesurf. I'd like to have more interior room, but it's usually just me and the kids. Sometimes my wife comes with us. (five total)
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2023 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by 359 359 wrote:

I thought about converting my 2001, but the kids like tubing, my wife wants to learn to ski, and I want to try wakeboarding. Maybe I'll just start with some ballast bags and see how it goes.

That's definitely the way to start, IMHO. I suspect you give up quite a bit of versatility in terms of behind the boat activities when converting to V-drive, leaving aside the massive scope of the project itself. One of the most appealing aspects of the 2001 hull to me is that, with a relatively small boat, I can wakeboard, wakesurf, slalom ski and pull a tube just by varying where and how much ballast (or a wake shaper) is used.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2023 at 10:58am
This was a pretty awesome read. I'm glad to hear your son is doing well and you were able to keep the boat. The picture of him a few pages back looks just like my boy.

Theres a few things I may have missed, like the ski pylon and how you connected the exhaust.

"Passing along" to a father of three? My kids are 9,7, and 4, and just getting into tubing. I thought about converting my 2001, but the kids like tubing, my wife wants to learn to ski, and I want to try wakeboarding. Maybe I'll just start with some ballast bags and see how it goes.
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2023 at 2:41pm
Well my son if off to school in a few months and I'm hitting the the road in my rv. I would consider passing this boat to a new caretaker if it felt right.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2022 at 3:28pm
Glad things continue to get better.   You really built the most unique Nautique I have ever seen and it was well thought out and finished in a very short amount of time considering the thousands of hours needed to complete the project.  It is great you were able to keep it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2022 at 10:25am
It's been a long time since I've seen this thread. Seems like a lifetime ago from looking at the pictures. The boat has served us flawless over the years. Only thing I've ever done is a impeller at year 7 and trailer tires year 8. Just this year I had to rebuild the carb and pickup in the dist. Don't think any machine has ever treated me this good. It has taught kids to ski,board and skate. It raised my family on the water. I learned how to barefoot on this boat along with all my friends. I would post pictures but it looks exactly the same and the forum is a little challenging with the linking. Hope everyone is doing well.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 4:12am
I just read 21 pages of this thread, I joined the forum in 2014 so this is brand new to me.
First, very happy that your son recovered and your family survived the stress of a challenge that serious. Amazing that he recovered.

The boat build was a very interesting read with a lot of very creative work done in a very short amount of time. Very Nice and Thank You for the read!
Mark
84resto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84resto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 2:34pm
Wow, I cant believe it's been that long. Glad to hear your son is doing well and the boat is still alive.

Mine has given zero problems over the years (maybe in service a year or so longer than yours) I don't remember exactly. I wonder if anyone else did a conversion over the years.

This was the second email i received today from two projects I was involved with years ago and had long since gone quiet. I heard from an old acquaintance in Italy regarding some vintage motorcycles for the first time in 6-7 years. Emails came in an hour apart....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 1:51pm
Wow,that's a blast from the past. A decade to be exact and seems like a lifetime ago for me. For anyone interested my son is doing great other than being grounded for some slackery.
The boat has been a family friend to us for ten years and has given almost no problems. It functions well and still looks very nice after all these years.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2011 at 9:34pm
So I just re-read all 20 pages this afternoon for the fun of it and to learn a little more about stringer jobs and gelcoat work.

I was hoping f&f you could give us a little update on most importantly how your son is doing, and secondly how the v-drive 2001 is doing?

Pictures are of course the best way to show how the boat is doing!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2011 at 11:36pm
Pretty good now,we started footin last year before all this went down and got a few months in.Looking foward to this year.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2011 at 11:51pm
Ryan,
Good to hear you're hanging in there. I was up in Altus last week and was wondering how things were going.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2011 at 3:49pm
Ryan,

Continued thoughts and prayers for your family. I'm glad to hear that there are positive things coming from the struggles you are going through. God works in mysterious ways to help us learn to trust and grow strong. Keep us all posted and hang in there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2011 at 12:33pm
My sons health is good but we have been far from well.I lost one of my best friends less than a month ago and didn't axcept death as a part of life until I lost my *************** soon after which was followed by my wife losing it big time.Funny to me how she held it together our entire marriage even through my sons cancer treatment only losing it after watching me.She literaly has been wearing a mask for ten years so you could imagine how good it feels to take off.Coming out on the back side we are doing better than we ever have but it is still ruff.
Makes you appreciate everything takin for granted on a daily basis.Makes you want to live in the now where life unfolds in front of you instead of the future or the past like I had been for decades letting life pass me by.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2011 at 11:00am
Man was I pumped when I read that your son was doing well and that your family has been doing well through this major challenge.

We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers as cancer is a tricky beast.

Can't wait to see more pictures of the boat too!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2011 at 10:46am
Glad to hear everything is back on track for you.
Welcome back!!
Also glad to hear you could keep your beautiful CC, which truly is one of a kind... But as you said it so well, replaceable nontheless, unlike your son.

Looking forward to new pictures of your boat...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2011 at 11:47pm
Hope everyone enjoyed there winter holidays.Im still here along with my son and my wife.I also managed to keep our nautique.It has been a wild ride that I couldn't explain with twenty pages of text and if I could it would be hard to beleive.I did however learn more in the last month than the last ten years of my life.
Anyways,I am looking foward to working on the nautique again and will post pics when we get started.
Hope everyone is doing well,
Ryan

83ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2010 at 12:08am
form&function....shoot me an email i would like to talk to ya :)
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2010 at 2:09pm
Ryan,

Glad to hear your son is doing so well. Our thoughts are with your family.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2010 at 4:17am
Ryan, please know you and the boy have a pull or anything else you may need. I'm right down the road.

-Ryan
...those who have fallen and those who will.
83ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2010 at 1:34am
glad to hear the news also....

if you are interested in talking about selling it please email me at caddyondubzz@aol.com or call me at 443 497 0063
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2010 at 8:21pm
Ryan,

Glad to hear about the good news. Continue to keep us all posted and don't hesitate to let us all know if there is anything you need.
Excel94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excel94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2010 at 4:19pm
Hey Ryan,

You can bet your son is in more people's prayers than you realize. Ten years ago my son Chris was diagnosed with a brain tumor and for months afterwords I would bump into people that I didn't even know who told me they had been praying for him. I was very comforting for us at the time and is still very touching.

BTW, that was 10 years ago and Chris is doing fine now, even though that was not the original prognosis from the docs. Keep us posted.

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2010 at 1:50pm
Its no big deal Jon,they made thousands of correct crafts and I could replace it no problem any day of the week.The same cannot be said for my son who's personality could never be replaced or duplicated.So far we have been very lucky,his cell count is down from 185,000 to 5,000 so it looks like we should be going home today.
As far as finances my wife secured top notch insurance years ago so we shouldn't have any problems other than a few weeks of missed work.I do appreciate the offer but in our situation it would be stealing from kind hearted people.
The only thing I ask is you keep us in your prayers.
Thanks,Ryan
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2010 at 1:52am
The only thing that is more impressive than your boat build is your willingness to sacrifice it for your family. I am sure you will find a great new owner for your boat. I wish I was in a place to buy it but unfortunately right now that is not in the cards. I wish there was more I could do to help your family. If you would post your paypal address I would be honored to send a few bucks your way to help out.

Peace
Jon
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 2:00pm

83ski,I have no idea what the boat is worth.I assume it would be about the same as restored 2001.If your interested we can talk about it when we make it home next week.
The way its looking now we should be leaving sunday if he continues the way he is.
Thanks,for the support guys
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 11:56am
Ryan

Cute little boy you've got there. He looks like a tough one, and it sounds like you've raised him the right way. Running around outdoors, climbing trees, skinning knees, and eating well is makes for a strong kid, able to better handle life's difficulties.
i have not read this whole thread, just the last couple of pages. But what I do garner from your posts is that you and your family have the foundation to handle what has been dealt you.
Being in Michigan, I doubt our paths will ever cross (possibly at a future reunion?). But I'd like to see your boat, but more important, I'd like to meet you and your family.
As others have said, you're in our prayers.
Steve
BTW, Don't be sorry for bringing this into the forum. We all love our boats and boating, but we don't live in our boats, we live in our lives.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 10:32am
hang in there partner, life always throws curves at you but around the corner is a straight path and the sun shining, prayers are with you and the family

Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
83ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 2:16am
well i would make plenty of use out of it.....i hope your family is making out ok...keep us updated..

what were you thinking you would ask for it?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 2:11am
Ryan,
Gotta ask.. is that a picture of your son setting in the front seat, back on page 18 of this post?   What a smile!!!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 21>
  Share Topic