Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001v-drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920 21>
Author
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2010 at 2:45am
The ballast has its own through hull with a shut off in front of the back seat.For now it just has three switches in the dash.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2010 at 3:04am
Have you thought of a name for the boat yet?
Maybe "Blue by you"
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2010 at 2:02pm
I'm going to plumb mine in next year. You did a single thru-hull? What are you doing for pumps?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2010 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by form&function form&function wrote:

Kevin,the skins where in pretty bad shape so they got chunked.

What happened to em?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 1:35am
Chris,The staples where steel and the skins where covered in rust.

Andy,I used a single one inch through hull ans six simmer pumps.I prefer them because you can't run them dry and they look cool shooting out the side of the boat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 1:41am
Ryan,I have kept boa constrictors for over a decade and still havn't named a single one.I just never really named things.
My freinds call the correct craft pretty girl so I guess thats her name.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by form&function form&function wrote:

Chris,The staples where steel and the skins where covered in rust.

Why am I not surprised? Stainless or Monel are expensive!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 10:48am
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 10:49am
Well, I found out its a last name and took it the wrong way
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 2:08pm
Wheres your dumpster?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 3:34pm
6 simers? I bet that will be pretty loud with them all going at the same time...LOL!

Do you have 6 bags? I thought you only mentioned 4.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 3:37pm
they got flipped off a couple of times on the way down....believe me, i kept the boat aimed towards the building,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Wheres your dumpster?

No seriously the first of three upholsters cut them apart for templates and they had massive rust stains that had eaten the staple surfaces.I still have some of the rear peices and the engine cover but thats about it.

Andy,theres three pumps to fill and three to evacuate out the side.There not loud at all and easy to service.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 3:47pm
Ryan,

You're using Simer's right? Why not just reverse them?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 2:25am
Sorry Andy,I got confused.I run 6 aerator pumps.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 3:18pm
That makes a lot more sense. I think I'm going to go with Simer's for mine.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 3:36pm
Simers are not rated for engine compartments so be careful where you mount them. I used Jabsco Ballast Puppies but Johnsons will do the job safely as well at a lower price.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2010 at 11:02pm
Well I happen to be working in Oklahoma for the last few weeks on a well just outside Altus, Oklahoma. Ran into town to p/u a few things and just about wrecked out starring at a baby blue 2001 passing in the other direction. After a very ilegal whip around, my suspicions were confirmed! It was Ryan and his 2001 V-Drive conversion! If any of you had any doubts on how it turned out, let me tell you it looked BAD A$$! He did a great job, although he is not yet happy with the interior.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 2:18pm
I don't think I've seen any pics of the interior yet, I've been wondering about that. Any chance of posting some Ryan? I'd also like to see what you did with the rear deck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2010 at 2:54am
Im sorry guys,it was rude of me to start this thread and not post some finished pic's.Ill get some good one's this week.
As for the boat we love it very much and enjoy it several times a week.The interior turn into a nightmare and it took a few weeks to dial in the wake but she is everything you would expect from a nautique.
At about 28mph and up she has a little porpose but the payoff is a much better ruff water ride and it doesn't take water over the nose anymore.It also planes like a v-drive which doesn't bother me.
The wake is crisp and clean with a nice lip almost identical to my buddies 03 super air.
To me the high point of the conversion is all the weight in the very bottom of the hull.It literally is a different boat,much more stable and less prone to taking on water and doesn't rock side to side half as much.
So to conclude this post it is a very good conversion that I would recommend to anyone with the motivation and there is tons of room for improvement with weight placement and space conservation.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 1:49am

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 12:35pm
WoW!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful boat. Not only is it one of a kind, it's a BAD ASS one of a kind! Beautiful pictures and a great close to one of the coolest transfomations I have seen on CCF. It may have been a struggle but the interior is beautiful. The bad part about doing things yourself is that you see all the flaws. Nobody else will notice but you. Hats off to you sir!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 2:39pm
Wow. That's awesome.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 5:44pm
next time my stringers are shot (maybe 20 years) I will turn my 92 in a v-drive..LOL
nice job...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 11:27pm
Very nicely done! Where's the pics of the new wake???
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:32pm
Can't seem to get a good pic from the boat.I will try again next time we go out.
Thanks for the complements guys,I am glad its done.
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 4:00pm
That is one sweet boat. Unbelievable job that was done!! I wish I had those skills.

And whats even better, I just all 18 pages... didnt see 79nautique chime in once.......
84 SN, 92 SNOB, 2005 SANTE 2006 SN 206
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 4:15pm
This is, in my opinion, the most radical and awesome thread I've seen. I'm in awe and wouldn't hesitate to do the same if I had the skills/cash.

And WOW, no 79? could have been back when he was on restriction...
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 7:32pm
As others have said, awesome job.

What would you do to remedy the porpoise at 28mph and up? Trim tab?
How does it surf?
What would you change if you did it again?
Would you raise the platform?
Maybe there's a market for a vdrive conversion kit? Anytakers?
What don't you like about the interior?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 12:32pm
Well,the thing I don't like about the interior is the quality of the work.The actual layout is very roomy and to me offers better space than a wraparound.As it is six people can comfortably sit in the boat and a wraparound won't increase that number.Only benifit I see would be more under seat storage.
As for there being a market for this conversion I guess that comes down to what you call a market.The world is flooded with 24 foot monster wakeboats reaching close to a hundred grand.This style of party boat is not realistic for your average weekday rider like me and serves no real duty other than making a wake.I have owned a few and am not impressed in the least.Modern boats have bolted into the realm of popularity and lost touch with the original goal(wakeboarding).Take standard for example,that right there shows me theres a market for a boat like this and aside from the dd configuration was a great idea.In fact if he ever figures out his boats should be v drives I would assume his sales would rise considerably.So yes it is a valid idea and with a little mechanical ability plus the ccf forum I am sure it can be done again and again but theres to much fabrication with the layout to make it a sellable product.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic