Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001v-drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021>
Author
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 12:41pm
On the platform,I should have raised it but with the ballast full it doesn't really matter anyways.After the conversion it only sits level with the water anyways.
If I could change anything on my boat it would be the tower and bimini.A smart man would have used the flight control.Other than that theres not really anything I would change on the boat.

Surfing,the boat surfs great,I don't entirely understand why but it surfs very well.It was not one of my original requirements but worked out that way.only thing I can think is the weight being lower in the hull makes it more stable and in turn allowing you to add more weight.

Porpuse,I have a good idea on how to deal with this.When I do I will post for everyone to read.

Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 4:26pm
Awesome Ryan!

Stoked you got it all dialed in, looks great, thanks for the pics, it's been killing me to see this thing!...congratulations
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 8:44pm
Ryan, the boat is truly something to be proud of.

I read all 18+ pages between the last few days, and it is truly amazing.

I often wonder how much more room I would have if my motor wasn'tin the center of the boat. heck, when i redid the interior of my boat, I almost took out the side shelves and left it more open. Had i done even that, I would have more room for coolers, and other things, like feet on the floor.

I suspect I will change that issue some day with an open bow newer boat, maybe even Vdrive one. For me, even a OB sport Nautique would do the trick. I already put enough man hours into my boat, so I suspect I will simply buy a bigger boat to go along with my classic.

Can we get a pic of the boarding wake with the tanks full?
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by horkn horkn wrote:

I suspect I will change that issue some day with an open bow newer boat, maybe even Vdrive one. For me, even a OB sport Nautique would do the trick. I already put enough man hours into my boat, so I suspect I will simply buy a bigger boat to go along with my classic.

But Tom,
What are you going to do about a engine???? No more Fords!! Would you actually get one with a Chev??    You're still hoping that the Fords will make a come back aren't you!!! We'll see what happens.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 9:00pm
Where did you end up installing the gas tank?
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 9:08pm
Ryan,

Looks really good. I'd love to see pics of the wake when you post them. I'll definitely have to come see her in person some time. I'm hoping to meet up with some of the Supra guys for Labor Day weekend and I want to take a trip to Murray to check it out once we're moved. I'll touch base sometime when I'm sure I'd head down that way and maybe we could meet up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 11:57pm
Luchog,The tank is in the bow on top of the ballast.

Andy,I don't go to murray but was told it was real nice.You must be thinking of the barefooter Ryan with the 206.He has a place on murray.I do travel alot and end up in your area a few times a year.

I appreciate the support and info you guys have givin over the last year.Without the people on this forum alot would have been learned the hard way.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 12:34am
Originally posted by form&function form&function wrote:

Take standard for example,that right there shows me theres a market for a boat like this and aside from the dd configuration was a great idea.In fact if he ever figures out his boats should be v drives I would assume his sales would rise considerably.

I agree, and keeping my fingers crossed that V-drive will come. Otherwise I might have to get you down here for a while.;) I really really REALLY dig both the 2001 V-drive conversions.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2010 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Since you mentioned Hutchins,do you have any experence with the waterbug? waterbug III
I did my transom with my da this summer just to try it out and it worked pretty well. I heard somewhere else but not sure it's true,that when you use a waterbug, 1000 grit paper will act like 2000, 600 would be 1200 ect. If thats true a da should be the same.

How much is one of those?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2010 at 11:18pm
$247.82 approximately, probably, I think.;)

I always read it's recommended to wetsand by hand, no tools. Opinions?
84resto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84resto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 3:02pm
Looks like it came out really nice, congratulations!!

I have mine setup a little differently than f&f but it surfs great.   Much much much better than stock form, in a much more comfortable and usable boat.

Wet Sand By Hand!!!    The DA sanders leave little pigtail marks that you will see when you go to buff.   Wet sanding by hand goes quickly and isnt really that hard.   Well worth the results

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 4:22pm
Ryan,

Amazing transformation on your boat!!

Perhaps CC/Nautique was following your thread, have you seen the new 200 V-Drive yet?

More photos here:

Sport Nautique 200 V-Drive
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 5:15pm
That is a sharp looking 200!

Edit: nevermind... I looked at it on my phone. I can see now he is using the tower!
Bigdaddyriverrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddyriverrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 6:41pm
Personally I like your 2001 V drive a hell of a lot more than the 200V drive jet. Man awsome job, the level of craftsmanship is phenomenal!
Earl M
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 6:49pm
jet?
Bigdaddyriverrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddyriverrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2010 at 7:07pm
Yet, Jet hell on of these days I'll learn myself to read!
Earl M

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 4:29pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 4:41pm
Asking price? Just for kicks, I'm not in the market for a new boat
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 6:06pm
Wow, this is gonna turn into a bloodbath!

Haha, can't believe you'd sell her after so much work, but I'm sure your next project will be even better.

Goodluck, someones going to be a happy camper soon with that rig.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Sephmu Sephmu wrote:

Wow, this is gonna turn into a bloodbath!

Haha, can't believe you'd sell her after so much work, but I'm sure your next project will be even better.

Goodluck, someones going to be a happy camper soon with that rig.

agreed...
getting a bigger one?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 6:35pm
My four year old son was diagnosed with leukemia so I have no use for boats or rv's or much else right now.I hope to find someone that can make good use of this boat.
Best reasonable offer is taking her home.
Its been a pleasure working with you guys on this forum and hope to someday build another but right now number one is the health and wellbeing of my family.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 6:42pm

Ryan
Not much that can be said under this situation. Sorry to hear that, I have 2 kids and I found out an illness, I would do the impossible to try and heal him..
hang on not much help I can give but at least some moral support..Be Strong..
The best for you and your little one...   
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 7:09pm
Ryan,

I'm sure I can speak for most on here when I say our prayers are with your family and your son.

-Sean    
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 7:19pm
Ryan, that really broke our hearts. I have an aunt and a close friend with leukemia. They are doing great. Stay positive and remain strong, may god bless you and you family.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 7:40pm
Ryan,
Best of wishes and prayers from the Brainard family.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 8:19pm
I can't even imagine what you're going through man. We will be praying for your son, you and your family. Hopefully the doctors were able to find it early enough that your son will be ok.

I hope someone has a big heart and makes you a really great offer on that boat. Its an amazing work of art
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 11:10pm
Ooh that's tough, I'm sorry to hear that.
I wish I could take over the boat from you, it's a fabulous project. I'm sure you'll find someone for it very soon though.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 12:58am
Ryan, so sorry to hear about the little guy. I hope everything works our alright. The Mars family send our thoughts and prayers.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 3:41am
Ryan,

Keep the Faith man! Had my buddy and his 18yr old son Peter out skiing this year, Peter was diagnosed with leukemia at the same age as your son and has since made a full recovery, All will be Well!!

Good Luck and God Bless
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 1:38pm
I have a 2yo and can't possibly imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. GLWS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic