Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Serial Number Identification

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serial Number Identification
    Posted: October-09-2009 at 3:05pm
Was hoping somebody had an answer regarding my hull #.

xxxx....xx82-83BFN is what is stamped on hull.

Title says it is an '82. If it is an '82, what is the -83BFN mean?

Thanks!
1999 Sport Nautique-Python Powered

1999 Ski Nautique-Python Powered
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 4:21pm
Probably

82: year of production
83: model year
'92 BFN
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 6:24pm
Titles are often wrong as they sometimes are based on what the clerk doing the paperwork is told. The 83 in the serial number is definitely WHEN the boat was built. I seriously doubt that CC would call a boat built in '83 an '82. Not a good thing, I would get it retitled as a '83.

"To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it"
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 7:28pm
Hull Identification Number
The first three digits represent Correct Craft, Inc.(CTC). The next five digits are the boat’s serial number. The following digit is a letter from “A” through “L” designating the month the boat was made.
There are three remaining numbers. The first of these represent the last digit of the year the boat was built. The final two numbers state the MODEL year. A boat built in July of 2001 is actually a 2002
model boat.

-> this does not explain "82-83BFN", but gives maybe a clue.
'92 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by oledawg oledawg wrote:

I seriously doubt that CC would call a boat built in '83 an '82. Not a good thing, I would get it retitled as a '83.

Sandy,
I think you've got it backwards. The point is the manufacture date is prior to the year end but the model year is the following year. You do the same with a car. IE: buy a new model year before the end of the current year.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic