Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show Your Pride-Show US Your HORNS

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show Your Pride-Show US Your HORNS
    Posted: October-12-2009 at 11:29pm
I never thought about buying a boat with horns, but they kinda grow on you! Correct Craft has added horns to many, many different models of boats through many different years! I purchased this beautiful 1984 from my old ski school instructor (Jerry) this summer! I had to sell my 1989 Ski Nautique to get these Horns! Pauly-Banana and his wife Marilyn helped display these sweet looking HORNS!

A closer look!

So, it's up to you to show your Pride and Show US Your Horns!
boat doctor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2009 at 11:43pm
What a good lookin boat, why would you disturb those lines. Horns are cool, both Karen,s 1964 has a set of S/S trumpets, but these were an option then.The 1949 Dart does not have horns, maybe one day I will find a set of period correct 6 volt bugles to mount on her.
Again what a beautiful boat,just dont care for the plastic horns.....Boat dr
boatdr
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 12:21am
Why is the old boat doctor at a newbie status?? Are the horns original Scott?
83Ski
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 12:28am
I was asking the same thing.
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 12:35am
I got locked out of the "house" and this was the only way back in.Got to call Keith and get him to walk me thru the process of going thru the front door.
But what the heck, newbie is good...........Billy
boatdr
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 12:38am
Cuz he had so many posts,he lapped us
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 1:03am
isn't it because he was "Boat Dr." Before and not "Boat Doctor"? Billy, tell me you didn't just forget your username?

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 1:32am
Originally posted by boat doctor boat doctor wrote:

But what the heck, newbie is good...........Billy

If you look at my qualifications, newbie still sounds good.I have kids older than a lot of the members here. I have 2 CorrectCrafts,one is older than our our eldest member and the newest is 45 years old.
Yea I like newbie............
boatdr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 1:33am
Now back to the plastic horns............
boatdr
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 1:55am
Great to hear from the Boat Doctor,
I really enjoyed meeting you and seeing your 1949 Dart at Green Lake! What a great boat and fun to see a living piece of Correct Craft history! Chrome horns would look awesome!

We have 8 Correct Crafts on our 100 acre lake, but one thing seperates the men from the boys! Mine is the only one that show's it's horns! Not sure if that put me in the men or the boy category?

I had the same concern as you have! Why did They add these. I asked (Jerry) that question about ordering the (Twins) on the deck! He said that Mid-West ordered the boat that way, but I also noticed that the cost for them was $64.50 dealer cost or $86.00 at consumer cost! I guess that if Jerry was willing to spend that much money on his horns, the least I can do is display them with pride! Here is one more close up!

Here is a shot of the 1949 Dart at Green lake taken by us! Horns would look great!

Here is Jerry - Spring of 2009!

Here is the 1984 on the road - Spring of 2009!

I need to get this in the diary section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 2:00am
The pleasure was all mine, what a great time to had by all at GL. And thanx for the approval on that old wood boat, keep looking for a set of 6 volt and make my phone ring if you find a set.........Billy
boatdr
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 2:09am
Don, nothing but the original stuff on this boat! By the way, I was the first to ski behind it this summer at only 560 hours! Jerry got a neck injury after the 1983 national championships in trick skiing! Doctor's told him that if he wanted to live a normal life, he would need to stop skiing! The boat was already on order and deposit already sent to mwcc! He kept the boat, used it for sight seeing on Prior Lake, MN all these years. His wish was that the boat would go to someone who truely appreciates these boats and would use it for what it was built for, skiing!

Now let's see some more horns, or am I the only one comfortable about showing these things on this site? Get the chrome out!
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 3:32am
Nice set of horns you got there SkierOx! I'd show you mine but they are hidden out of sight! You know in '82 when they showed the horns on display in the brochure, I thought they looked pretty cool back in the day!
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 3:54am
Here are Bills (82) and Jacobs (73)from our river gathering this year.

83Ski
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 12:14pm
Thanks Don, now we are getting somewhere! Nice chrome on both of those boats! Skierbrant, I will scan in that shot of the 1982 near the shore about to pull up a skier! That was a great shot!

Time to show off those classics with the nice set of HORNS! Keep the photo's going!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 1:06pm
Usernames "boat dr" and "boat doctor" were both formed on the same day. Billy, if you forget this password maybe "Boat Nurse" will lend you hers!
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

The boat was already on order and deposit already sent to mwcc! He kept the boat, used it for sight seeing on Prior Lake, MN all these years.

Scott...first of all, GREAT looking '84. I love the clean look of '84's, and that color combo is really cool.

We used to live in Plymouth, MN back in the '86-'87 timeframe. Skied alot on Medicine Lake which had a great little bay for skiing. I found a guy running a ski school down on Prior Lake who had a submergible slalom course. Sweet system!! All you had to do was flick a switch and a slalom course emerged. Flick it again, and it disappeared. Took all of about a minute round trip.

He had an '83 or '84 Ski Nautique that looked just about like yours. That was my first experience skiing behind a Ski Nautique. Fond memories! Did you ever see that course or ski with the gentleman that owned it?
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 5:14pm
Davidg
Yes, we use to ski the course! Only possible time was early in the morning because of boat traffic! I believe that was Steve's ski school who is friends with Jerry or may be Roger Wahls and Jim Peterson's (both heavy MasterCraft people). Over the years, Jerry owned 9 Ski Nautiques over many years! When I went to his ski school he had a 1977 red and a 1977 blue and a basement full of trophies. My impression was that this guy had it all!!! He missed third place at a nationals tournament by 20 points to Dr.J.D.Morgan! It made my day when he called me about his 1984 boat, but was shocked about no skiers had yet skied behind it.
I have been up at Medicine Lake with the Zman. I believe that area is called the North... something which is in between weeds or lilly pads on both sides, but goes a long distance. People on the lake seem to cooperate very well in using that calm area of the lake. My last trick tournament was in Crystal Minnesota in 1990. I was able to take home a third place medal. Afterwards I started learning how to show ski from my good friend Skierbrant! Good skiers need dependable boats with dependable speeds! The throttle on this 1984 is very smooth, as good as Pauly-Banana's 1983 for holding slower speeds. Good Speed control for guys like Jerry and Pauly-Banana make all the difference in the world when pulling skiers that are trying to accomplish something out on the water.

Thanks for the questions and keep the Horn pictures going!      
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 10:50pm
Funny that this post came up, I just got ahold of these yesterday, pretty close to my originals but the mounting base is a little bigger. Even the chrome matches the rest of mine.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 1:50am
Billy

You say "If you look at my qualifications, newbie still sounds good.I have kids older than a lot of the members here. I have 2 CorrectCrafts,one is older than our our eldest member and the newest is 45 years old.
Yea I like newbie............". Wrong, I was 11 when your 1949 Dart was built.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 2:10am
Originally posted by dwcar dwcar wrote:

Here are Bills (82) and Jacobs (73)from our river gathering this year.

Heres one boat that I always have liked and wanted. The Red, White, and Blue Ski Nautique! I used to have some puffy stickers that had that boat on them. I thought I still had some but must have used them all when I was a kid. Sharp boat!
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 1:13pm
Brant, I agree totally! By the way, I have three of those stickers in my collection of cool Correct Craft stuff! I will send you one!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 4:21pm
Excellent! Thanks Ox!
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 11:31pm
I'd like to find some chromies for my '82.
My Blue 82SOLD!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 12:33am
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

He missed third place at a nationals tournament by 20 points to Dr.J.D.Morgan!

Very interesting thread. No horns on any of my boats but......

Imagine my surprise when upon going to our new Church in Lake Wales Florida I was talking to a member or two when they asked me what I was interested in...said "water skiing" of course and they said that Doc Morgan was a member. Wow. Had been reading about him and seeing his picture in Water Ski for years. Got to meet him. Cool guy. Almost 70 (yikes) now. Never got to ski with him...he has had a hip replacement but he did cut off a bit of skin cancer on my face. Is always after me every Sunday about staying "covered up" while on the boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 2:01am
Is Doc still a muscle man. I remember seeing him when I was a kid. He was a big motor scooter!!
83Ski
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 3:01am

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 3:20am
Yes he is......very strong and muscular. Would not wanna tangle with him even at his age. Still has his practice going but I think he is gonna retire soon. Very cool guy to know.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 3:44pm
Thought that you guys would enjoy seeing this picture from the 1983 brochure! This was a 1982 with the same horns on the front! I also noticed that the boat of the month has chrome horns on the front! Hopefully he will add those to this post!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 3:56pm
Eric bought his 1986 SN with horns and deck rails, he took them off though. Anyone looking for horns might try asking him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic