NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interceptor 256 Y Block For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interceptor 256 Y Block For Sale
    Posted: October-16-2009 at 12:12am
We have a 1960+- 135 hp Y block with VD transmission. Appears all original except for fuel pump which has been replaced with an electric pump. Will sell whole or consider parting out.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2009 at 9:56am
Bruce,
If it comes down to you parting out the engine, keep me informed. I'll take the exhaust manifolds.

What are your plans for the Atom? I know you've mentioned that you don't feel you and the boys would be able to restore it. Parting it out too?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2009 at 10:19am
Pete, the Atom is going to the recycling place this weekend. It's been stripped and most of the parts have gone to other projects. Pulling the engine was the final step.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Pete, the Atom is going to the recycling place this weekend.

Is that on the back side of the woodpile Bruce?

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 2:31am
Gary, it'over in the "yard" next to the foundation covered with the blue tarp, but the wife wants it gone. She knows how I hate to part with stuff.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 9:32am
Bruce,
The Atom would be a hard sell. Not too many buyers out there for a ply boat that needs a total hull plywood replacement.

Take it over to the guy selling the Moxie. He could cut the tail end off and make a new sales counter out of it.

Or, don't you have a air tight or a fireplace? When my 10x12 yard storage building went down from the storm a couple years ago, the wood from it kept us warm for several months.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 12:09pm
It's probably going down the road today, Pete. I'd set it down on tires and keep it, but my better half wants it gone. Small price to pay for being able to bring home another one when we find it. We don't burn much wood anymore, so it's not worth the trouble to cut up.

Is that friend of yours with the Centurys Steve Hilpisch?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Is that friend of yours with the Centurys Steve Hilpisch?

I've never met him but have talked and emailed with him regarding the decals he makes for the "Y" blocks. Yes, he and his dad are the one's who are into the Century's with the "Y" blocks big time. They've won some very nice awards both with Century and the ACBS. Looks like they really do nice work. Original too!!!!! Why do you ask? Decals for the engine?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic