NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer wiring questions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer wiring questions
    Posted: October-27-2009 at 3:49pm
Well as you might know I just bought a semi-new boat mat trailer single axle with surge brakes..real nice..some pics here

it came with out the lock out cap so I guess I will have to order it or custom made one here..any ideas on how to fabricate one? I think It will be easier to make the key style one that fits in the side of the sliding bolt of the surge mechanism...

anyway I did the backuplight conection in my pick up so when moving it around with my car is not the problem...Only problem would be in the event I borrow it..

another problem I have is with the blinker and stop lights..they run on the same circuits left and right..as american cars are wired that way the same stop light is the blinker..I my car the blinkers run in another separate circuit from the stop..I have tdiferent bulbs...So I think I will need to run a new set I wires and another bulbs to make it work properly..You think I can solve it in another way?

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 4:37pm
There is converter/ adapter that allows tow vehicles with seperate turn bulbs and stop bulbs to a trailer with a common turn/stop bulb. The one I saw was made by Valley @ about $20.00 Try etrailer.com
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 6:10pm
I´ll give it a try...TTT
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 7:51pm
Walmart has the converters too! They hook up a little easier than the old style.It has the converter on the plug end as oppossed to an inline converter.$15 US here.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic