Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wing Windows

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 11:06pm
Mojo, when I get home later this week I'll try to get what you need for specs on the flagstaff if you like. Other than weight and dimensions, any specifics that would be helpful?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 11:09pm
Terp, if you have any good book stores near you look for Classics Monthly . The October issue of this English car magazine goes into the method of sand casting. Quite interesting reading but done in a way that it's easy for someone like us to understand. Things like material shrinkage during cooling and just plain experence are gone into but it's not very technical. Messing around for over 25 years with British cars and bikes it's really amazing the cottage industry they have in place and even sometimes the original manufacturer is still in operation.
Here's some other info-metal casting
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 8:51am
Mike,
Just dip the end in the lake. Water is enough so the "O" ring will slide into the socket easier.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 11:23am
Brrrr. I mean, I will try that.

I was worried about damaging the light if I pushed very hard. I may need a smaller o-ring so it stretches thinner. I did try a couple different sizes.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 11:53am
You are both open to any shots HW fires at yall. I make sure of my wording anytime I post , best to be safe with this crew.........Billy
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Terp Terp wrote:

Mojo, when I get home later this week I'll try to get what you need for specs on the flagstaff if you like. Other than weight and dimensions, any specifics that would be helpful?

Terp,
Sounds good, all I really need is some good digital pictures of the item, base dimensions and the specific weight. Let me know if there is any specific area you can see a "parting line" where the two halves of the tool come together to make the part. These parts were originally made in Brass and or Zinc die cast. Aluminum again will not work because of the chrome finish specs. Aluminum however could work if you all would accept a polished surface without any chrome????
Drop me a line: d.dorsen@worldnet.att.net I'd be more than happy to check into it from a number of different options and manufacturing methods..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

P-CLASSIC 1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-CLASSIC 1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 1:54pm
After eight years of messing with the chrome flag staff and worrying about loosing it in the lake, I deceided to tap out the bottom shaft and thru bolt it. I removed the flat head screw holding the bowlight together and used a smaller SS machine screw & washer mounting from the bottom. Did find I needed some blue locktite as the flag causes vibration.

So far so good.

Would love to have some wing vents for my 63!
Boats are like family each with its own personality.

63 Plastic Classic (25th Ann PCM 351 GT-40 MPI)
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2009 at 11:53am
Dave, as Marty noted, I've got my original staff from my Classic and would volunteer it for service in the process of creating a new one(s) if need be. I've actually never taken my boat out with it in place for fear of losing it as others mentioned.

-Windwingless in Carolina     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic