Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Craft Action Plan-NEW PICS!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
boat doctor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 10:14pm
Wood is Cool..Better when it is a CorrectCraft
boatdr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 10:17pm
boatdr
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Especially those two orphan boats!   

GD freeloaders
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 11:29pm
Chris - I am looking forward to seeing that beauty someday. Do you guys ever make it up to clear lake or Okoboji?    2yrs until the next GL is a long time to wait!

PS - who is this Boat Dr guy?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:03am
Originally posted by boat doctor boat doctor wrote:

Wood is Cool..Better when it is a CorrectCraft

What's up with the fender log? Spare parts?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:19am
Long story about the flotsum and damage done to the '49........Look at the Port transom, notice very little paint ? This damage was repaired and she adds another tale to her long CorrecyCraft history.........Been gone awhile...........But still have all our CC's, even added couple more..................After 12 years on this site , I am once again a newbie...........
boatdr
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 7:41am
Originally posted by boat doctor boat doctor wrote:

Long story about the flotsum and damage done to the '49........Look at the Port transom, notice very little paint ? This damage was repaired and she adds another tale to her long CorrecyCraft history.........Been gone awhile...........But still have all our CC's, even added couple more..................After 12 years on this site , I am once again a newbie...........

And windshield missing?? Do tell?
Js
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:23pm
Say it isn't so, a Billy sighting?
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by juniorwoody juniorwoody wrote:

Yup but, Billy, you could have done it more appropriately by starting another thread. We'll talk later.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 5:22pm
Chris,
I just had the pleasure of seeing Steve after many years. He drove over from Crandon with his trailer to pick up a Chris. It's my neighbors that has been needing a 5200 bottom for probably 20 years. I took the boat across the lake and met him at the landing. This Chris was ear marked for me to flip it to do the bottom but with my shop full from all the stuff from my Northfield house, it would be probably a year before I could even get to it. Steve and I go way back to the days of MACBA (midwest antique & classic boat association) so we had plenty to talk about.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2015 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by juniorwoody juniorwoody wrote:

Yup but, Billy, you could have done it more appropriately by starting another thread. We'll talk later.
                                                       Sorry if I offend anyone on this site , I was informed by Mr. Brainard, by posting on this thread,. my boat pics and my comments were deemed inappropriate.................Again sorry for not being PC...........Not to worry tho...........I will sign off now and not be back,   
boatdr
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 11:30am
Jeepers Billy, you gonna let Pete run you off...?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 11:37am
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 11:39am
Newbie forum status but same old passive aggressive behavior.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 4:27pm
Remember him and 79 calling Tim Benjamn a "hobbyist" because he wasn't in the boat repair business? Gave Jody Seal a hard time too.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 4:28pm
Remember him and 79 calling Tim Benjamin a "hobbyist" because he wasn't in the boat repair business? Gave Jody Seal a hard time too.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 4:39pm
Way to go Mars family, nice ride!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2015 at 1:59pm
Damn Chris......that's B E Autiful!! WOW

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 4:27pm
Thought I would share some pictures of the new cover and bimini top we had made for the Continental this spring. As some of you may know, dad had a bout with skin cancer two years ago and has been very apprehensive to lots of sun exposure since. This kept him from wanting to use his wood boat during the hot summer months. We both decided it was worth the investment and deviation from original so he could enjoy his toy as intended.

I hated the idea of drilling into the deck or adding an off the shelf bimini so we brought in a professional for the job. Dad's buddy Ike Moeckley of Moeckley Fabrications in Huxley Iowa has been building custom covers, bimini tops and store front awnings for the last 30 years and was definitely the right guy for the job.

We found one picture online of original looking bimini tops and Ike helped us with an era specific canvas material . I can't remember the material name but it's very similar to what's used in convertible tops from the 50's & 60's.

Internet Photo:

As you can imagine, I was VERY nervous dropping the boat off with only one picture for reference but felt much better when we talked through a plan with Ike. Period correct hardware was the only thing we struggled to find so we ended up going with modern deck hardware. I highly doubt we will ever enter this boat into a show so we decided to take function over form.

I couldn't be more happy with the completed product. Not to worry, I have spare windshield hardware if we ever decide to ditch the snaps. There's a total of eight screws in the deck which is a fair compromise for dad being able to enjoy his boat.

As you can see, Ike is a true craftsman and took great pride in working on this boat. He made custom socks for the bimini top feet, wraps around the legs where the windshield could come in contact

The cover is Aqualon material and fits like a glove. The goal was to give him the ability to two with the cover when he takes the RV on road trips. It's super tight, padded in all the right places and trailers very well. I'll have to get some better pictures this weekend but even the stitching follows the lines of the boat. A true work of art.

Hope to have this on the road to visit a few midwest lakes this summer!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 5:44pm
Very nice Chris. I'm sure your dad will enjoy the ride he deserves.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 6:00pm
Beautiful boat! Just curious, but what kind of skin cancer did your dad have? I only ask because I had a bout with melanoma 4 years ago. I'm extra cautious about being in the sun now and wouldn't own a boat without a quality Bimini top.
1989 Ski Nautique 2001
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 6:35pm
Looks great, Chris!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by bb12 bb12 wrote:

Beautiful boat! Just curious, but what kind of skin cancer did your dad have? I only ask because I had a bout with melanoma 4 years ago. I'm extra cautious about being in the sun now and wouldn't own a boat without a quality Bimini top.

Braden, dad had Melanoma as well. Initial diagnosis was a small spot on his face but ended up having a fairly significant surgery to remove several spots from his face and neck.

Needless to say, I didn't argue much when he started talking about a bimini. After seeing half his face cut open I decided he gets the final vote! Bimini stays up on the 01 most the summer as well.
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Originally posted by bb12 bb12 wrote:

Braden, dad had Melanoma as well. Initial diagnosis was a small spot on his face but ended up having a fairly significant surgery to remove several spots from his face and neck.

Needless to say, I didn't argue much when he started talking about a bimini. After seeing half his face cut open I decided he gets the final vote! Bimini stays up on the 01 most the summer as well.

Chris, glad your dad is doing well. Melanoma sucks! Enjoy the boat this summer and keep that sunscreen flowing!! P.S. I'm a fan of Blue Lizard
1989 Ski Nautique 2001
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 11:32pm
That boat and cover are absolutely awesome!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic