Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bimini Top with Stripes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bimini Top with Stripes
    Posted: November-02-2009 at 11:13pm
In the Barts, Overton's and other catalogs the only choice for a bimini top is a solid color. My 1984 has lots of stripes in the interior, so a bimini top with those stripes would look awesome! I see many boats from California having the striped bimini's! Most match the pattern within the boat's interior!   Where do they get those from? I would appreciate any help in locating a place that offers these tops! Thanks for any help!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 11:32pm
Tower Biminis' has some of the better looking ones out there. They can custom build whatever you want with your choice of patterns and colors. That's were I went for one on my new boat and really like it.

towerbiminis.com
...those who have fallen and those who will.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 11:33pm
Scott...You may need to utilize the services of a custom marine upholstery shop to get exactly what you need. I am sure Minneapolis has plenty of good shops. If you ever get down to Milwaukee, I like Kendor Marine which is not too far from the airport.

They have a great upholstery shop. I have been buying vinyl and other supplies there as I am redoing my boat interior currently. They have an unbelievable selection of colors and fabrics.   

Kendor Marine
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 12:29am
Very helpful! Keep the ideas going! Are the custom jobs that much more expensive? Tower has a cool site! All Correct Crafts!

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 12:33am
Tower's are not that much more than anyone else, just depends what you want.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 12:12pm
Scott,

Have had a couple Bimini's done with stripes over the years, most any good shop can do it for you. Be sure you lay out exactly what you want, dimensions, colors, etc. Joel (M3Fan) has always recommended GMI Top Design for standard Bimini's. We currently have a Tower Bimini, great product for tower mounting, no experience with their hull mounted versions.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

I see many boats from California having the striped bimini's!

That's because they have style! A nice tight striped bimini can really add to the looks of a sleek ski boat.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

I see many boats from California having the striped bimini's!

That's because they have style! A nice tight striped bimini can really add to the looks of a sleek ski boat.

Hollywood- just making sure you know he is talking about a bimini cover and not a bikini on the boat!
Greg

86 BFN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 3:17pm
We had a local shop do one for our 206...... they repeated the swirl on the the engine box........... looks great and wasn't that big of an up-charge (your actual mileage may vary)...

Check out signature pic and diaries.......

Air 206 Bimini Pattern
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 6:55pm
Skicat, you maybe right! A bimini and a bikini matched with a Correct Craft might be as close to Nirvana as you could get! I can appreciate that response! There may be a day that it becomes a reality, somewhere?!

Thanks for adding to this discussion!
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2009 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

We had a local shop do one for our 206...... they repeated the swirl on the the engine box........... looks great and wasn't that big of an up-charge (your actual mileage may vary)...

Check out signature pic and diaries.......

Air 206 Bimini Pattern

I love the way your boat looks with the matching bimini! Very much a one-of-a-kind look!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 12:08am

It's kinda hard to see mine, but it too matches, but has a different pattern than AIR206's. I ordered mine from Tower Bimini and got it in about 6 bus. days.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic