NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nopowerturning.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2009 at 10:49pm
Exactly they need ramp etiquette would be nice. There isnt a boat or a trailer my dad and or my cousin and I cant load in less than a minute with the trailer in water under normal condidions. I think that people put on their retard hats before they get to the ramp.

Nobody can back a trailer and or load a boat correctly. Im lucky I have a lift so I only use the public ramp for my friends boats or at the end/begenning of the season. If im not in a hurry its fun to watch but other times it pisses me off. I can load my Sn alone in probably 20 seconds longer than with another person. Now the Mc trailer is another story you have to leave it in gear and go to the bow and click the lil pin that holds it in place which is totally dumb if your doing it alone.

It took these douches like 10 minutes last of the season to load a pontoon onto a drive on bunk pontoon trailer.

It also amazes me howmany people will do burnouts on the ramp with 2wd trucks pulling out. I always used to pull my boat out with my 2wd r/t dakota with wide dry performance tires and no weight in the bed and 350 ft/lbs torque and never spin a tire ever.

I would vote to make it manditory to take a boater safty course and get a certified lisence to boat just like a car because I guarntee 90 percent of people out there wouldn't pass it. Its amazing that you can jump in a boat as soon as you get your drivers lisence never having driven one before and endanger other peoples lives and our correct crafts.

I've literally had to run blocker with my boat so many times for my downed skiers because people don't see them floating infront of them in the water. Thats a rush when someone almost gets ran over. Ive almost been chopped up a few times. We have had peoples boats towed to the ramp by the DNR before.

This is turning into another rant on other boaters haha. Oopppsss
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 10:59am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

It also amazes me howmany people will do burnouts on the ramp with 2wd trucks pulling out. I always used to pull my boat out with my 2wd r/t dakota with wide dry performance tires and no weight in the bed and 350 ft/lbs torque and never spin a tire ever.

I've literally had to run blocker with my boat so many times for my downed skiers because people don't see them floating infront of them in the water.

Phat - Don't get me started on prima-donna launch ramp behavior!

I have a 2wd truck & found that applying throttle while the brake is still on, & then very slowly letting up on the brake, is the best way to avoid spinning on the slick ramp.

If that doesn't work, I get our crew to get in the bed.

It is disconcerting when the wheels spin & the truck goes backwards down the ramp!

I teach my skiers to hold up their board or ski after they fall, esp. if there are any other boats operating in the area. Hopefully the driver other other boat is actually driving & not just observing his skier!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 11:59am

Now the Mc trailer is another story you have to leave it in gear and go to the bow and click the lil pin that holds it in place which is totally dumb if your doing it alone.

Not surprised your fellow MC owners don't know how to use their own trailers, but the Boat Buddy should only be used during loading, and disengaged immediately following.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 12:58pm
Anyone ever used the old Ski Supreme trailers or late 80's pro star trailers?
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 1:21pm
Wow,didn't mean to get everyone worked up.
For the recored everyone needs glass,my group craves and talks about having it earlier in the year like the birth of a new baby.I guess thats just a side affect of living in Oklahoma(where the wind comes sweeping down the plane)
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

Dave,

I'm all for getting up early or staying late to get the good water, everyone on the lake has a right to use it. Any one on the river or the unlimited HP state lakes can board and surf dusk till dawn, part of the reason I don't.   We do boat at a private lake community, the lake is 300 acres, all the coves are idle speed, there is one 1 1/3 mile straight away to boat in, all counterclockwise.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.936346,-83.785601&spn=0.014988,0.026908&t=h&z=15

I'm all for more people enjoying water sports on the lake. I'd really like the lake to become a ski and boarding hot spot. I'm intrigued by the idea of a "courteous boaters web site" maybe with a section for small lake users.

-Maintaining buffer zones for towed watersports
-Discouraging power turns or useless circles figure 8's (tubers).
-Encouraging wake sports to use the middle of the channel.
-Discouraging multiple wake passes in the same area.
-Encouraging the water sports crowd to be the most friendly and helpful on the lake.
-Ramp etiquette.

I'm sure you guys can think of more, this will be a good winter project.

Gary-

I took a look at your lake. It looks like it is only about 650' wide at its widest point. What kind of rules on on your lake?

If you can email me tim.cochrane@gmail.com I would like to have your contact info.

Tim

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by form&function form&function wrote:

For the recored everyone needs glass. living in Oklahoma(where the wind comes sweeping down the plane)

Oh no! My point earlier was at one point whenever you saw a boom out and and a footer in the water you would shut it down and treat that one cove (of many) like it was a No Wake area, set back and watch the show. Footers do not have the luxury of skiing, boarding, or tubing in rollers and whitecaps. I can't speak for all footers, but because of this I'll shut it down when a advanced boarder is pulling some tricks, hell it's fun to watch. I consider it mutual respect. I also have no problem getting up early(depends on the night before) or camping out in a cove till sunset to get good water. But why come slow rolling into a cove were you see footers, dragging a tube, board, zip-sled, ect. when the skier or boarder is making no effort to improve or simply dragging behind the boat. Yes I agree "butter" in Oklahoma is almost non existant, all the more reason to show some mutual respect.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 4:41pm
alot of the problem we have locally is that daddy goes out and buys a $50.000.00 air nautique then he gives the keys to his 18 year old and says go have fun and of course they cant have fun unless they have at least 9 or ten of thier best buddies in the boat,so they back up the 2009 jacked up f-350 and head to the lake. without any clue of boating safety or courtesy,its scary and allmost keeps me from even loading up the SN on a weekend.
davee40
lakeland,fl
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 4:55pm
Dave, just noticed your avatar picture and the background. I use to live a couple of blocks from the school.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 5:13pm
your right ryan , florida southern college   my guess is youve skied lake hollingsworth . the buildings you see are the new add ons they just completed, i put my wife on the FSC ramp to take the pic.
davee40
lakeland,fl
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 5:18pm
Did a little footin' on it, walked or drove around it alot looking at the girls!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 5:24pm
What a great place to go to school. Stupid me went to school in Maine. Tried to talk my daughter into going to Rollins, in FL.

On a lake, pool right on the water, ski team...
For some odd reason, she opted to go to another snowbelt school in upstate NY (about 20 minutes from Rocketman)
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 5:30pm
if you like great whether and you love to ski FSC or rollins are good choices,all though there is a lot of nice looking women to check out walking around hollingsworth   
davee40
lakeland,fl
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 5:57pm
It is FSC that I believe my wacky nephew went to. Used to go over to Jenn Leachman's O-Town and hang out there. He's not a bad rider.
(posted before but a long time ago...so for the new comers)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2009 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

So the wakeboarders have got their terminology mixed up. I don't know what they would call it but the powerturn (spin) has been around since the 60's. That's certainly way before the advent of wakeboarding!

Pete,I remember my Dad talking about powerturns when he had his Chris Craft in the late '40's. He sold it in the mid '50's when he started his business so I'll bet some guy in the '20's discovered them!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

Dave,

I'm all for getting up early or staying late to get the good water, everyone on the lake has a right to use it. Any one on the river or the unlimited HP state lakes can board and surf dusk till dawn, part of the reason I don't.   We do boat at a private lake community, the lake is 300 acres, all the coves are idle speed, there is one 1 1/3 mile straight away to boat in, all counterclockwise.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.936346,-83.785601&spn=0.014988,0.026908&t=h&z=15

I'm all for more people enjoying water sports on the lake. I'd really like the lake to become a ski and boarding hot spot. I'm intrigued by the idea of a "courteous boaters web site" maybe with a section for small lake users.

-Maintaining buffer zones for towed watersports
-Discouraging power turns or useless circles figure 8's (tubers).
-Encouraging wake sports to use the middle of the channel.
-Discouraging multiple wake passes in the same area.
-Encouraging the water sports crowd to be the most friendly and helpful on the lake.
-Ramp etiquette.

I'm sure you guys can think of more, this will be a good winter project.

It certainly is true that for the safety, and courtesy of all boaters, their should be a course and certificate system so at least people have read and absorbed some information at least about the in's and out's of launching/retrieving/skiing etc...

It's got to be amazingly frustrating to deal with Yahoos on a private lake.. We just come to accept it on the big bodies of water with 4 and 5 launch sites....

More power to your educational program endeavors Gary...

Dave
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 1:45pm

Anyone ever used the old Ski Supreme trailers or late 80's pro star trailers?

twice a year...
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2009 at 1:33am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

What a great place to go to school. Stupid me went to school in Maine. Tried to talk my daughter into going to Rollins, in FL.

On a lake, pool right on the water, ski team...
For some odd reason, she opted to go to another snowbelt school in upstate NY (about 20 minutes from Rocketman)

When I was applying to colleges (many years ago), I had 4 schools at which I wanted to study architecture, and I had Florida Southern as a fallback where I could ski, and go to a school designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Damn it, I studied architecture, but at least I had Lake Norman for the skiing thing. (and thank god I didn't go to either RPI or Syracuse. no offense but the weather in Charlotte was much better for skiing, and coeds in less clothing.

If I ever win the lottery though, I just may enroll at Rollins!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic