NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

72 seperator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 seperator
    Posted: November-07-2009 at 12:06pm
need clamshell for gass vent for 72 seperator also back seat dimensions top and bottom
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2009 at 1:03pm
Jeff,
Is this the fiberglass vent or the metal one on the side? The fiberglass clamshell vents to my knowledge were made by CC and the mold is long gone. You wouldn't what to know the cost for a short run from them anyway!! Your best bet is to pull a good one off the boat and pull a female mold off it. Then, lay in new glass for a new piece. If you are interested in doing it and need any help with the process, we'll be happy to help out.

I know JD (cudas51) needs to make a couple for his Torino (the blue one I posted the picture of) but knowing him he doesn't really do things very quickly. You'd have to wait a couple of years for it!!!! JD???

If you're looking for the small metal vent, keep your eye out on ebay. They were off the shelf Perko's. You still may be able to find NOS.

Hey, how about some pictures of your restoration??? We'd love to see the boat.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2009 at 1:24pm
Good morning! the one i need is metal,thanks for the tip. just a short story on my boat, 72 seperator hull id sep1119 picked it up in WAXHAW NC. was the sorriest thing i ever laid eyes on, had a 14 inch maple tree growing out of the floor. if i didnt drive so far it would still be thair . well almost a year later and nearly divorced, its looking pretty good hull rejelled all wood, foam, stringers,replaced moved the gas tank 6 inches forward hopeing for better holeshots. my goal is to have it 99% original, except for the motor. original H-M 351 new will be same H-M block built to 500hp. the interior is all redone in origional style material but back seat, didnt come with one. the boat didnt come with bubble shields either, so a friend sent me some measurements from FL new ones on the way if anyone needs thair shields replaced give me a ring and ill hook you up. origional trailer was totally restored also, all drive componets rebuilt painted. i also have a 71 mustang my uncle was the origional owner,baught with frozen motor replaced org 273 with 420hp 360 what a ride. ill post picks of my boats shortly long time CC fan but just a newbie! have a great day jeff
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 5:07pm
Hey, I have a good friend with a very good condition Seperator. His bubble sheilds are very discolored and he has always wanted some replacements. Can you give me any info on how I could get some? I am going down to the lake this weekend, do you still need the measurements for the rear seat? I can see if he is home and measure his and photo them for you. Let me know.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

Hey, I have a good friend with a very good condition Seperator. His bubble sheilds are very discolored and he has always wanted some replacements.

Emmit,
(Put your name in your profile - I'm going by memory here which isn't the greatest so forgive me if I've got it wrong!!) Jeff is looking for the clamshell cover for his gas vent and not the Batman windshield bubbles. Has your friend gone to any plastic fabricators for replacements? Depending on the material used, they may need to be heat formed. He should ask them in detail on the materials UV resistance.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

the boat didnt come with bubble shields either, so a friend sent me some measurements from FL new ones on the way if anyone needs thair shields replaced give me a ring and ill hook you up.

Are you sure he's talking about the scoops and not the windshields, Pete? Thats not how Im reading it.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

the boat didnt come with bubble shields either, so a friend sent me some measurements from FL new ones on the way if anyone needs thair shields replaced give me a ring and ill hook you up.

Are you sure he's talking about the scoops and not the windshields, Pete? Thats not how Im reading it.

Trbenj/Pete, I understood that he had a source for new Batman windsheild bubbles. That was what I was interested in. Profile updated....

ernest
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 7:55pm

need clamshell for gass vent for 72 seperator

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Sorry but I was preoccupied with the clamshell vent over the gas vent. Forgot about the bubble windshield!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2009 at 1:13am
Gentelman! i do have a avenue for new windshields for the seperator. [bubble type }the company is called UPD plastics IN fl. 450 FOR TWO WINDOWS 150 for aluminum trim not bad for not having one in the begining.i measured the mounting holes and had a friend measure the wind screen on 3 diffrent angles, i believe these will be very high quality repos. it took me 8 mos to find this guy that could do this,i hope that this will be usefull for other CC fans AND YES I NEED BACK SEAT MEASUREMENTS. thank you guys out there for putting up with my bull %@*&^)(@#$^^&**^%$%$%#it.    no for upd is 954 476 1194 ask for john . the bad thing is you can not get them in the original blueish color sorry jeff
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2009 at 12:04pm
Thanks jeff for the contact. I will try to get the measurements over the weekend. If for some reason I forget, please dont hesitate to shoot me an email reminder....sometimes I get sidetracked.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 3:29pm
Ok, I got some pictures and some rear seat measurements for you:

Seat back: 5" deep, 17" tall and 63" long

Seat bottom: 20" front to back, 7" high, and 63" long. I hope that helps

I have some other pictures, if you need them. Shoot me your email.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 3:34pm
my e mail addres is connorsandsonstreeservice@tahoo.com kinda short hu!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic