NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Experience with Wallysinker?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experience with Wallysinker?
    Posted: November-08-2009 at 10:09pm
Our water sports club is looking at a Wallysinker slalom course. Any pro's or con's? The club is presenting this idea to The Board of the Property Owners Association at the end of this week.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2009 at 11:51pm
a friend of mine has a similar set up, the accu-sink system, which I believe is no longer made (which says something). I didnt know anyone still made one. He's used it for several years so they do work. A couple issues. They are fussy to set up. The counterweights (spheres filled with sand) have to be set to weigh EXACTLY 44 lbs.   His is particularly fussy because one end is at about 10 feet and one end is at about 30 feet. He could never get it to float and sink quite right because of that so the deep end is set up to work but in the shallow end they still have to go out and put on/take off the balls. Not sure of the exact details of why that is.

Anyway, like I said, they've used it for years. If you are going all in one depth of water, I'd say your chances of it working ok are probably pretty good. They do take some maintenance too, as leaks can develop.

He said the company offered to come set it up for about $1,000. He thought that was ridiculous and did it himself, but after doing so said he can see why it would cost so much. Just fussy I guess.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2009 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

a friend of mine has a similar set up, which I believe is longer (which says something). I didnt know anyone used it for several years. A couple issues. They are fussy to set up. The spheres filled weigh EXACTLY 44 lbs.   His is particularly fussy because it is at about 30 feet. He could never get it quite deep to the balls. Not sure of the exact details of why that is.

Anyway, I've used it for years. If you are going all in one depth, I'd say your chances of it working ok are probably pretty good. They do take some maintenance too, as leaks can develop.

He said the company offered to come set it up for about $1,000. He thought that was ridiculous and did it himself, but after doing so said he can see why it would cost so much. Just fussy I guess.

$1,000 for 30' and 44 lb balls isn't that bad IMO...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic