Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

throttle lever/cable problems??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jasondeml View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasondeml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: throttle lever/cable problems??
    Posted: November-25-2009 at 1:23am
any advice would be a huge help. i have a morse mv-2 contol. and it seems to be giving me some problems. ill try the best i can to explain. if i set in in gear and very slowly accelerate it does fine but is very hard to move back to nuetral. all in all its hard to move and sticks very bad. another problem was if its not accelerated slowly and smoothley sometime the engine will "pop" and lose power. i had the carb rebuilt and can not figure if the "popping" or sticking have anything to do with each other. its probably two different problems but its one i want to fix. thanks jason
1995 American Skier
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2009 at 1:19pm
Jason, you have 2 separate issues.

First for the throttle I think you probably need to replace the control cables. Get under the gunwale and remove the cotter pins on the cable swivels. Pull the swivels out of the control levers on the MV2 and DO NOT Spin the swivels on the cable or you'll mess up your adjustment.

Now with those removed push your throttle lever back and forth and see if there is a difference in the way it feels, should smooth as silk. If it is, just order some new cables and you'll be fine. If it is still sticky you'll need to remove the MV2 and clean and regrease it.

Do that step and let us know what happens. We'll walk you through either situation to get it rectified.

For your other problem please post a little more about your engine and ignition system. Since your boat is not a CC I'm not sure whats in it. My first thought on the popping though is timing or lean condition with the carb. What is the condition of the tune up on the engine and who performed it for you last.

If your not sure what you've got in the boat just post a photo of the motor.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jasondeml View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasondeml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2009 at 3:05pm
ok i will try that. sorry egine is pcm ford 351. a boat mech did the carb rebuild and didnt turn the idler screws correctly first time. i had to do it so i bet something else could be wrong since it started after i got it back from him.
1995 American Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic