Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'98 SN Airguide Pitot sensor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
EC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '98 SN Airguide Pitot sensor
    Posted: December-02-2009 at 1:42pm
Hello,
This is my first post to the CCF forum, but I have read many posts and found great answers.

To my question: I have a 1998 Ski Nautique and while putting it in storage for the winter I broke off one of the Pitot tubes / guides. As I have searched online, I noticed that the original Airguide Pitots are no where to be found. Wondering if anyone has access to one of these? I have found some generic ones, but would really prefer to have the original.

Thanks, for your help.
Eric
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 2:32pm
Unless someone on this web site has a pair they want to part with you will pay dearly for the Airguides as they are becoming very rare and hard to obtain. The Teleflex pitot is actually a better performing unit then the Airguide simply because it does not clog as easily. Another choice is to get a PerfectPass Star Gazer unit and be done with both pitot's and have modern GPS speed control and indicating unit all in one.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
EC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 2:49pm
Thanks FI Inboards.

I like the PPass option, that would solve all my problems. In the meantime if I go with the Teleflex, I can use the same mounting holes correct.

Thanks again and have a good day.
east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 7:01pm
Old post, but for what it's worth, you can use the same mounting holes, but will need to drill the plastic pickup piece to fit those holes. And like Jodie said, the newer pickups are a great improvement from a not getting clogged up perspective. I replaced my functional airguide pickup with the newer style as soon as I got the boat because we have a whole lot of stuff in our lake that will clog up an AG pitot in no time at all. I probably have at least 3 of the original style pickups lying around.
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

EC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 7:15pm
Thanks for the info. Would you be willing to sell the originals you have if they are in good condition? I haven't had the clogging issue and would like to keep the original equipment (I know, anal).
east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 7:25pm
Just about everything is for sale. Shoot me an email at dnortonames (at) yahoo (dot) com. I'll try to remember to look for it this evening.
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic