NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

velvet drive modifications

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: velvet drive modifications
    Posted: February-22-2004 at 1:20pm
Tryan and SS-201 I would like to talk about the tranny a little. With the amount of power I will have with the new engine. I am going to replace the flex plate and have the tranny overhauled as well.

Are there modifications that can be done to the 1:1 velvet drive to beef it up? From what I've read it can handle up to 300HP and I would be over that amount somewhat. I would guess that I could get better than stock clutch packs but have not looked into it or know of a source. I was going to talk with marine gears once I could get the serial and model numbers for what I have.

Any suggestions on performance parts or modifications to the internals would be greatly appreciated. I did find a source that sells modified velvet drives ( Outdrives.us ) but would like to save a little cash and do things my-self and save $600+
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2004 at 1:36pm
now, that is a question i will leave to bill, but i do hope he will post the answer here. i asked him the same question. if you are right at 300, i would leave it stock with a longer cooler.

the bw manual has the part numbers vs power ratings. what did the dyno sheet give you? just compression and oil pressure?

anyway to get your hands on a 72 tranny or a powerslot cheap?

i bet you can almost taste it.

a guy less than an hour away has another orange ride. i hope to hook up with him and take some pictures.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2004 at 3:03pm
I haven't looked at the motor yet it is 2 hours away and what I thought would be a dyno print out is actually from a test stand. The horse power was given to my by the jasper tech and is based off of the cam but I will have the compression, vac, and oil pressure and some other info. I won't find out til next Friday when I head down south to check it out. going to hit the boat show while I'm at it as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic