NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Lake MINI ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 8:37pm
OK Guys it has been almost a week since the St. John's River Run. What are we going to do next? Memorial Day weekend is bad for me.

Donald
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 9:00pm
I am pretty open at this point, whoever the "leader" is just needs to throw out a couple of dates.
"To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 10:32pm
Memorial Day is out because of The Masters.
I'll touch base with ReidP and Dave Hendricks. Looks like maybe April.
Chime in on dates ya'll are available and if you could make an April date, so we can get a count to David deAndrade.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 12:25am
Cathie and I would be able to make an April gathering.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 9:53am
I'm about 2 1/2 hours from White Lake and I WILL BE THERE (Reid)the dates are wide open for me, so what ever is best for the masses is OK with me. (62 Wood could make it, I've been holding some stuff for ya)
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 11:14am
So far-
about 14 Boats then
      GREAT!
66 Skylark
93 SN
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 4:05pm
I can get there in 30 minutes.
Tim D
JCole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 10:56pm
My brother and I could probably make it with our 1970 Mustang. I am in Southern Pines, NC. We could be there in about 1 1/2 hrs. I think April is a good month also. Just keep us up to date on this forum so we can plan. I just happened to be browsing through when I saw your post about a reunion at White Lake. We just talked to Diane and David at the boat show in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago. They did not mention this at the time. I think they would enjoy it, and it would be a great time to take a look at their inventory also.
Jane
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 12:39am
Jane;
Very cool to see you on here. Been quite a while since I saw you guys on here. Glad to hear you are still enjoying Dad's boat. You might need to try to get to the River next March. Very fun time!
Take care;
john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 7:53pm
April 23-25 ?

How do these dates sound?
I e-mailed David at White Lake with this date and some ideas. Waiting on a response.
In the meantime any ideas for this 'gathering'?

Tour around to see the CC's.
A 'White Dash' to somewhere on the lake to hang out.
A little competition Best Boat Awards giveaway.
Swap Meet
Cookout Saturday PM
66 Skylark
93 SN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 10:50pm
Cathie and I should be able to make it that weekend.
Need to identify a campground hangout. Maybe a place
with rentals like at the river run.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 11:52pm
That Saturday is good for me. I have a Church Kids Play on Sunday Mid Day Afternoon so I would need to head back early Sunday morning which is fine. I am also in the play with the kids.

White Lake has a huge Campground on the end of the lake. It is near Goldston Beach which is where the amusments are. A cook out sounds great. I will probably have my two kids ( 9 and 12 girls) with me.

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 12:02am
66 Skylark
93 SN
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 12:19am
Any places to stay with slips/docking?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 2:05am
Those dates still look good to me. I should have the 83 put back together by then and be ready to put some cruising hours on her.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 2:41pm
I have a to coach my sons soccer game saturday morning and could come out after that, but would have to bum rides as I am in the middle of my restoration.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 12:37pm
Oledawg,

I do not think there will be any day slips to rent. I bet that Hotel will have a place to tie up. This is a very small lake that you can see all of the way around. I do believe that you may have to launch every day at the one marina and launch spot. There is a fee to launch at this private marina. This is where the gas pumps are.

Keeganinio,

Getting a ride will be no problem.

Joe,

It would be great if you can come down.

All,

I use to go to White Lake every labor day to my Aunt's and Uncles home on the lake. However, I have not done this in 25 years. I am having to go on old memories. Also, Reid took a lot of pictures last year and they are on the site somewhere. Last year, I did go drive around (by car)the lake and check it out. It is beautiful. My uncle died about 15 years ago and my 90 year old aunt still has the lake house. However, I do not have access to the home. I did walk out on her dock last year to check out the lake. There are a lot of Correct Craft boats on the lake.

The Motels at White Lake Can be very basic. Some eveny scary. There are no major hotel chains at White Lake. However their is a Days Inn in Elizabeth Town which is only a few miles away.

I travel with my sales job so I can go down early and check it all out and take some pictures if anyone has any questions.

Donald

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 8:52pm
Last year it was $8 to use the boat ramp. I took some of pics last summer of Reid and Mat looking at different boats and posted them. Small lake indeed. You can cruise around just outside the wake poles at 20 mph and go around the lake in about 12 minutes.
Tim D
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 8:57pm
So that's it--20mph tops?
Man, we would be better off in coming to Oak Hollow Lake near me on Hwy.68.$6 to get in and go at it. It's small too. No houses to look at though. Just the HPU college chicks sunbathing.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 9:13pm
Marty,

No you can go faster than 20 MPH. It seems like to me that the lake is 8 miles round. You can WOT the boat. He was just saying that at 20 MPH you will circle the lake in 12 minutes.

However, I am not opposed to coming to High Point.

Donald
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 9:21pm
White Lake is indeed very small, if a larger lake is needed you are back talking about LN or similar.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 9:22pm
Oh, so that's better.
66 Skylark
93 SN
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 9:46pm
No, I am good with WL or HP, just making a comment if ones wants bigger, it is not gonna be either of those two. I am totally good with what is being suggested.

Anyone heard from WL CC?
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 12:46am
If you want big, Lake Waccamaw is 9,000 acres of water, just 25 miles south of White Lake.

Tim D
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 11:01pm

Marty,

I think its time to put up a list, to get a good head count on
   "The White Lake Mini 2010".

Dave
JCole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 12:40am
I think we will be able to be there the weekend of the 24th of April. We will be bringing our 1970 CC Mustang. Keep the info going so we can plan. I think this would be a great thing to do. White Lake is a beautiful lake, and the people at White Lake Marina are so great. I hope they will be a good turn-out. Oh and by the way J-Bear, sorry I haven't had a chance to respond back. Thanks for your nice note on here. Yes I have been busy, as usual. I still read on the forums occasionally. Waiting for the weather to get better and warmer so we can hit the water soon. Remember us CCFans in NC have to wait for certain times of the year to hit the water. We are not lucky enough to live in FL and have warm weather 12 mos out of the year, although I do think you guys had some WINTER this year from what I saw on the news. Hope things are going well for you and Patty. Maybe we can make it to FL again sometime. The river run looks fun. My brother is a little hesitant about pulling the Mustang so far. He said we were lucky things went well when we pulled it to Seaworld in 2006. He is scared to chance it again. Maybe I can talk him into it again sometime. Take care and hope we get a good turnout with this mini reunion.
Jane
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 2:01am
OK guys.Good news.David deAndrade e-mailed me today with the green light.April 23-25. He wants to know the 'agenda' plans of our 'reunions'.He e-mailed another person for the Lake 'Tour' and history of the lake. Townsend Link is what was on that e-mail. Mr.TimD what would this 'Townsend Link' thing mean.?

Here's David's e-mail:
"
Marty,
I'm going to have Townsend get with you on this... I've been swamped !! IN a nut shell we'd like to provide t-shirts for you guys, trophies for a rig contest, a gift pack give away thing, and some support for finding a
a place to stay. We'd like to do the rig contest here at the dealership and Townsend would be available to help organize a tour of white lake for your cruise.
I'm copying him on this and he will be in contact with you soon.

David deAndrade
White Lake Marine
www.whitelake.com
"
And here's the Townsend Link e-mail:
"
Hey Marty,
I will need you to send me a list of the categories you have in the rig contest. Also send me just a general agenda of what you typically do at the reunions. Once I see this I will better understand what I can do to accomodate you.

--
Townsend Link
White Lake Marine
(910)862-3688
www.whitelake.com
www.nautiqueparts.com "

So now it's I guess the commitment phase.Start planning on your attendance and post your name and boat and people.
Then your ideas on the "Rig" Trophy's. What catagories would we like?

Longest Distance Traveled

Loudest Stereo

Most Original Boat

Best"Bling" Motor

Best Interior

Best Restored Boat

Oldest Boat

Newest Boat

Best "Party" Boat

Most Unusal-One of a kind-

?????

Ideas on these,and if the 'pot'luck cookout, or just some easy stuff- Hot Dogs,Burgers,Chicken.

I've asked Mr.Dave Hendricks(the Godfather) to help me out and along here as I haven't done anything like this, except for my Surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary/ 43rd B-Day Party Extravaganza. Now that was a night to remember! My wife thought it was her doing as my B-Day party, but I flipped in on her.

Back to the "Mini'-- Mr. TimD if you want to jump in here, since you would be local-- with the lodging,etc. I could use a hand. You have my # and e-mail.

So let's get ready to 'RUMBLE'

PS. Let's not include my B-Day in these plans guys--April 25th,1962
66 Skylark
93 SN
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 9:42am
I'm in:

1987 CC Riveria 454 - not "vintage" but nice

The "leader" of this pack needs to consider a small "registration fee" of sorts to cover common expenses, like the trophies, etc. I don't think that most of us would mind a small fee as we are gonna spend the big bucks with time, gas, lodging, etc. See what other folks think. Getting the fees also says who is serious about attending.....
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by oledawg oledawg wrote:

I'm in:

1987 CC Riveria 454 - not "vintage" but nice

The "leader" of this pack needs to consider a small "registration fee" of sorts to cover common expenses, like the trophies, etc. I don't think that most of us would mind a small fee as we are gonna spend the big bucks with time, gas, lodging, etc. See what other folks think. Getting the fees also says who is serious about attending.....

I think your heart is in the right place but charging a fee can bring in some liability implications, you're now selling a service of sorts instead of asking a bunch of friends to show up and hang out on the lake for a bit. For the current state of this affair I don't think it is necessary... that being said, I got nothing against helping a buddy out with some expenses...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 2:31pm
I too agree that asking those who go, pay a fee for attending. I've been to the SJRR the last two years and we've never hit members up for $$. It goes off without a hitch and members follow through by bringing whatever is needed. This isn't an official reunion so lets not treat it that way. If anything, I'd like to see a hat passed round for a DONATION to the site. All money made at the RR from T's or anything else was going straight to Keith. I think the same should be done here.

By the way, I'm on the fence on attending. I'm waiting to see where the organizers are deciding on where to stay, what lake where going, etc, etc. I'm always lurking for updates.

Foot
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic