Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need original gauges

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need original gauges
    Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:47am
Does anyone know where I can get all original 74 SN gauges??
Thanks Slaten (918) 629-8104
Thanks Clark Slaten
FrankT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 11:17am
Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by FrankT FrankT wrote:

Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?

I coudn't find a decent picture but a early 70's would have the early Teleflex gauges. Chrome centers with the blue/green ring on the faces. Chrome bezels.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 1:27am
Those look alot like them. Any ideas on where I can get a pair?
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 1:35am
http://picasaweb.google.com/viewmyslideshow/1974CorrectCraftSkiNautique#5353131627605388914
Here is a web site with the guages on it.
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33@msn.com
Thanks Clark Slaten
FrankT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 11:56am
I have been looking for some of these as well without success. I came across a house boat from the early seventies with twins that has two complete sets mounted in an interior helm but they would not sell them to me. There is a fuel gauge on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TELEFLEX-BOAT-FUEL-GAUGE-marine-gauges_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea6262af1QQitemZ200356014833QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

I will be using Stewart Warner's from the same period as a result.   

Frank
FrankT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 10:11pm
Here is another one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Gauge-Fuel-Gauge-Gas-Fuel-Level-Boat-Used-Old_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19b6a63642QQitemZ110438528578QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

Frank
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 8:34pm
Hey guys the plate that the guages bolt on to. What is that made out of and what are the deminsions. When I got my boat it did not have the guages like that. Was there a different model or did someone replace my guages with there own style. you can look at the pictures of my boat under the boat maintance. It is the 1974 stringer rebuild thread.

Thanks Clark Slaten
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 3:56am
?????
Thanks Clark Slaten
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 10:29am
Clark,

That plate is plexiglas. I might even have an extra one in my parts stash if you need one. I will have to look this weekend.
Greg

86 BFN
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 11:06am
Heck yeah. Anything to bring the 74 back to life.
Thanks Clark Slaten
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 12:04pm
Clark, If Greg can't help, here's a source: 12" x 12" x 1/4" black acrylic

I had to make one for my Tique last summer. The original broke as acrylic (Plex-glass) isn't the strongest stuff out there but is available in a black color.

What's the dash layout now? Just the two speedo's in the raised fiberglass deck pod?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 12:22pm
Eddie marine and Rex Marine (performance boat Catalogs) used to have the original style gauges you are looking for.
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 9:39pm
Look st the picture I have on my thread. 1974 stringer rebuild.
Thanks.
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 11:09pm
8122pbrainard: I talked to my god father this afternoon. I told me that when he had my boat back in 76 that the guages were not mounted on the acryic glass they were mounted in the dash like they are now.
Thanks Clark Slaten
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 11:24pm
He has the wide bump top deck. No Plexi.

Also the other guages are not original, Finding NOS guages for that boat would be next to impossible.

What I would do is, look at the different styles Teleflex has to offer.
I put the Sterling series in Jess' 73 resto, they look very nice.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Cslaten33 Cslaten33 wrote:

8122pbrainard: I talked to my god father this afternoon. I told me that when he had my boat back in 76 that the guages were not mounted on the acryic glass they were mounted in the dash like they are now.

Clark,
Yes that would be correct but you wanted to add the black plastic raising the gauges!!

You need to do some more time in the reference section looking at pictures. It's really a fantastic resource.

I took a look this morning because I couldn't remember when the gauges were moved up. Looks like between 76 and 77 when CC got enough complaints that no one could see the speedo's through the wheel and spokes that they were moved up.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Finding NOS guages for that boat would be next to impossible.

Al,
I don't seem to recall NOS gauges were ever mentioned but I agree they would be a problem finding! I'm sure you know that old Teleflex's are out there, may not work but are repairable.

Have you stayed original with your boats or taken the easy way with current replacements?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 11:58pm
My 74 has the narrow tach bump with the Airguides on clear.
Looks like CC had two different SN top deck molds at the time.

From the pics, looks like the Airguide on the left is the original one.
They too are an impossible item to find.

You are planning on filling the huge stereo hole, aren't you?

Good luck with your project!!!

Al
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 12:12am
ThreadJack!!!    Sorry Clark!   We will get back to you though!

Pete, My 74 had all the original guages. Had Amp guage failure, it was replaced with a new Teleflex S/W style.   If the rest fail, I will probably go with the Sterling series with Volt instead of Amp.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 1:42am
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

From the pics, looks like the Airguide on the left is the original one.
They too are an impossible item to find.

Al

Not impossible. I have seen a couple on Ebay lately. Now all I have to do is go look in my garage to see them.

Here is a link to some as well.

Airguides
Greg

86 BFN
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 4:59am
Yes the one on the left is orignal. I would truly hate to play almost 400 dollars for one guage that sounds CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
How much is a complete stainless guage set?
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 5:18am
I looked into the references. I did not find anything that had to do with the 74 modle SN. I don't understand? Please help.
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 5:20am
Yes Im going to fill the stereo hole. I have a 7'' screen deck that is going to fill the hole. It was there when I got the boat. I don't see any reason to glass patch the hole. Where else would I put the deck?
Thanks Clark Slaten
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 10:38am
Just so everyone knows what Clark is dealing with, here's the picture out of his stringer repair thread.

Clark's dash:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 10:51am

Yes Im going to fill the stereo hole. I have a 7'' screen deck that is going to fill the hole. It was there when I got the boat. I don't see any reason to glass patch the hole. Where else would I put the deck?

I really don't have any ideas for the hole. It's always a shame when you end up with a hole that the PO cut. I don't even think Tim (TRBeng) has come up with any ideas dealing with his hole ether and that's after owing the boat for years!

If a true restoration was being done, then the only option would be to glass in the hole and gel over it. I have seen some pro glass guys do a damn good color match! The hole being right in front of you, the color needs to be real close or blended in very carefully. In Tim's case, he's in a slightly different position with his black dash - Only the black dash would need the gel job.

Clark,
Consider glassing in the hole and then gelling the face of the dash. The gel being blended at the top edge to the deck and then in the corner radius to the gunnels.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 12:08pm

Where else would I put the deck?

In the trash! I'm going to get a lot of flack for this,but I go boating to go boating,when I want to listen to music or the radio I'll stay home,the sound is much better anyway, but thats just me I guess.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 12:26pm
Gary,

I mounted my head unit below the dash, very discreet, the system is subtle, two small amps, six speakers and a powered sub, completely worthless while under way. (the music that chrysler makes is much nicer!)

However, when hanging out in the cove or at the sand bar, the tunes are a plus, and it sounds NICE! don'tcha think Moj?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 1:31pm
This is what I got made for TRBenji's hole in the dash.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Where else would I put the deck?

In the trash! I'm going to get a lot of flack for this,but I go boating to go boating,when I want to listen to music or the radio I'll stay home,the sound is much better anyway, but thats just me I guess.

You're not getting any flack from me. I agree!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic