Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haiti

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haiti
    Posted: January-14-2010 at 12:21pm

All should be thinking of the people in Haiti that have NOTHING, hardly even hope, and sending a minimum $25 donation to the charity of your choice to help them survive.

This is a good, safe one:

http://www.redcross.org/.

This site has some great folks on it and we all need to step up to help in view of this tragedy so close to us and show that we do care.
"To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it"
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2010 at 9:06pm
I don't think too much of the red cross since Katrina. They wouldn't accept two tractor trailer loads of water from Walmart (and ice from somebody else) right after the storm. They only want cash donations so they can get the % cut off the top. As bad as it was after Katrina, those people needed water then, not after a donation and then they go and buy it.
Tim D
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2010 at 9:21pm
Well Tim,
Find a charity you can beleive in.
The Red Cross helped me twice while I was in the service.
The U.S.Marines are packing up now. Heavy equipment,water purification distillers,medical supplies. We have C-17 heavy lift aircraft here on the ground loading now.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 12:36pm

It's nice to know that I work for company's that help
      others in need.

Correct Craft has supplies being flown there as we speak.

Carmax donation from associates totalling $132,450.

Always feels good to help others..

Dave
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 12:42pm
You know, I am impressed with the responses on this site so far. I also have a Donzi Classic 22 and am on the Donzi Registry site asking for folks to be generous with those that have less. Turned into a total political posting with lots of "haters" that don't like the current administration, which, whatever side you are on, has nothing to do with this tragedy! Thanks for taking the upper road guys.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 12:58pm
Yesterday at work the stuff hit the fan.One of the aircraft we rework is th CH-53d helo. It's the largest in the US invintory. Anyway we have one that's in flight test, when it clears it's on the way to Haiti. Now there's a huge push to get it complete this weekend.
Between 6-7 am I got 3 phone calls about it and 9 all day.
This baby WILL be on it's way before the paint's dry!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2010 at 1:03am
My girlfriends company wall mart gave 600.000, that is a great start!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2010 at 10:34am
i caught 60 minutes last night, loading the fatals into dump trucks with front end loaders, sawing off limbs with dirty hacksaws. its ashame
"the things you own will start to own you"
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2010 at 10:51am
Yes, it is a shame, but given the scope of the disaster and the inability of the world to deal with it, despite unprecedented effort, you are going to see worse than this before it is over. Terrible, terrible tragedy in a country that was already a tragedy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic