Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interest in Re-Producing Correct Craft T-Shirts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interest in Re-Producing Correct Craft T-Shirts

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interest in Re-Producing Correct Craft T-Shirts
    Posted: January-26-2010 at 11:40pm
Many of you know that I have owned a Correct Craft boats since 1968. Along with the boats comes the purchase of cool T-Shirts that helped show your pride of ownership for your boat and the company of Correct Craft. I was just at our local boat show and can honestly say that I really do not identify with very much of the clothing being made for Nautique owners! The T-shirts made for the CCF reuinions really has captured the spirit of Correct Craft, but it would be great to have more!

My collection of Correct Craft shirts are getting a bit old, maybe a little shrunk or tighter or small and they have also lost the nice bright colored look to them!

The purpose of my post is to find out a couple of things.

1. Is the current line of shirts made by Nautiques meeting your needs as a consumer?

2. If we started with a couple of original T-shirts from both the 1970's, 1980's and 1990's would there be enough interest here to get many sold to make it a worthwhile venture?

Here are a couple of examples of mine and skierox's from the past!

From 1982 or 1983?

From 1989 Front

1989 Back

Your response or feedback to my questions will be the driving force to pursue or not pursue this idea! Picture some of your favorite old Correct Craft shirts with your comments!

hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2010 at 11:54pm
1 vote for yes
Brian
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 12:50am
I would buy one of the second one.

Donald
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 1:03am
I like #2 the best.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 1:03am

I have always loved the older shirts and stuff.

I wonder if someone can get in touch with the vendor or marketing.

To see if it's possible to get copies of the drawings or the patterns from them.

Just a thought...

Maybe Keith can make some calls.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 1:10am
Pauly, My company is the supplier of the reunion tee shirts and I'd offer to help with this IF there is enough interest. Designs 1 & 3 have a lot of colors and I have doubts as to whether there would be enough demand to make it worth while to reproduce. Design # 2 would be the simplest and less expensive to reproduce and would work better for a smaller initial run of shirts.

Don't worry about original films, although that would be nice I doubt they exist or anyone would give them to you without paying for them, all I would need is one shirt of each design and we'll make new artwork up.

I have some ideas on how to sell these so Call me at the shop anytime if you want to discuss this. 800-661-5892 Alan
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 1:16am

Let me ask around the shop tomorrow.

And I know a guy that might have alot in his closet..

Will give update later.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 1:33am
Alan,I have a hat like the shirt #2 if that would help.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 2:09am
Along with T-shirts, I'd like to see some sort of member supported terrycloth or cotton seat covers like in the 70's brochures, with CC script or Correct Craft Fan script...
-Adam

1973 Skier
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 2:12am
I like the second shirt as well !! I do think the terry cloth seat covers would be nice addition to the CCF store.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 2:14am
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 8:53am
My vote on number 2 shirt!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 9:49am
Definitely Number Two!    
"To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it"
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 10:29am
Great to see the response! I really only threw the two shirts on as examples! There are many more older Correct Craft T-shirts as examples. Take some pictures and get them on here and vote later! My focus of the thread was just to see if this is something that we could or should persue! It looks like we should. I may also have one connection in getting this started. The simple truth is that the bright colorful T-shirts of Correct Crafts past match many of our boats.

Keep the pictures coming. I will also add more.

Adamt- I have one of those seat covers for the passenger seats. It is a little worn, but it maybe could be used for re-production.     
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 11:58am
Paul....I really like the old shirts. Do you have any that have the mid-70's Ski Nautiques on them?
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 12:49pm
those 3 old shirts are really cool!!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 12:56pm
I like the original stains on t-shirt #2!!!

Marty were did you get the globe box decal? had it reproduced? any more available? I might be interested in one...mine its a little worn out...but let me pay for it!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 1:23pm
Pauly/Alan, I think this is a great idea! Personally I dont relate to the 2001-specific shirts, but I would like to think theres a market for some of the vintage CC stuff. I know Id buy some!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 1:45pm
I like #2 as well. Count me in for one if you guys.... " Make it so!"
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 2:11pm
I have some shirts from the 1990's that I will include pictures of. I talked with Pauly-Banana last night about his old shirts, some even without stains!!!!

He is digging through his drawers and plans to post more pictures on this topic. I can see from his post that Pauly's hope is to get as many images as possible on this page to be used later in helping to determine which ones to get started on!

Help in finding these and reproducing these T-Shirts will most likely depend on people like the Godfather, Alan, Bruce at N3boatworks, who Pauly ran this idea by yesterday. Bruce said that he would look into this since some of the old T's came out of his area and could contact his old distributors. Having CCF members help with this can really help bringing these treasures back a reality. We really have no idea as to who else can help get this going!

Back to Pauly-easy to see that he has alot of good ideas!
I can't wait to see the rest of Pauly's old T-Shirts. I would have to believe that if Correct Craft made a pair boxer shorts in the day, he would maybe have them also!

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 3:58pm
        Back

Front

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 4:04pm
that´s a nice T´shirt!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Back

Front

Dr. CC

I really like this shirt! Very cool!    
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 4:29pm
DRCC

That is one awesome shirt! I have never seen that one! What year was this purchased. Did you get this at a tournament? It looks like a 1978 or 1979!
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 4:37pm
Hey Pauly I like the 2nd logo shirt, and DrCC I really like that shirt. Are you going to repro DrCC shirt?
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 4:47pm
Here are a couple that I have.

Front of shirt

Back of same shirt

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 4:58pm
Brant, nice shirts- I especially like the top one!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 5:24pm
I 60s think 60s you 60s guys 60s forgot 60s a 60s very 60s important 60s generation 60s. I 60s really 60s dont 60s want 60s to 60s complain 60s . But, 60s See 60s if 60s you 60s can 60s figure 60s out 60s my 60s choice 60s?!!?   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 5:28pm
Steve, I think your hinting at something?
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 5:29pm
Brant, I take it that those are just a small sampling of old Correct Craft shirts! Skierbrant had many of these at the last reunion, but could only wear one or two with so little time in weekend! I can't wait to get home and get some of mine pictured. The next thing you know is that we will be posting pictures of some of the old patches given at three event tournaments. That maybe a good idea for another post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic