NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

floormats my but

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 6:08pm
You are correct Pete, which explains the foot tapping and thigh rubbing as the guy sat right next to Chris and they were the only 2 in the entire train car!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 11:34pm
Imagine the excitement had HW driven through "Boys Town" that day!

Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2010 at 12:22am
I have been working in a Toyota dealer setting up a computer system for the last couple weeks. This gas pedal recall finally hit today. They are installing what they are calling a "reinforcement bar". Basically it is just shim that put a little more tension on the spring. I have worked in and around car dealerships either directly or as a computer system provider for about 18 years. All the franchised have recalls but Toyota has been hit hard lately. I think there are 3 or 4 different recalls for floor mats or gas pedals. They also have the truck frame recalls. The dealer I am at now is doing one of these on a Tacoma. Start with a new frame and swap all the part off the old. These pay 60 hours to the tech. I have seen guys knock out 2 a week. Maybe this is just Toyota way to help the economy by providing employment for all the technicians to fix their cars.

David
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2010 at 12:45am
Talked to the closest dealer here today. He said because of the high number of vehicles to repair the shop is working 24hrs a day except for the weekends. Can you say overtime $$$$!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2010 at 9:43am
they should sublet the overflow to the GM and Ford dealerships, these boys can turn wrenches too.

Keuka, is it true that at times they will give you blue book for the Tacoma and let you walk away from it?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2010 at 11:57pm
They are buying some back. I'm not sure who is making the decision to buyout or fix. They trucks that don't have the rust are getting undercoated.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2010 at 10:29am
now the prius with brake issues? karma, i know they pushed that half man half woman car to introduce it first here in the good ole usa and at a loss...im weeping
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2010 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

the prius    that half man half woman car

Easy there big shooter. I know you read my post that stated I have one of those in the driveway. I will not tolerate personal attacks against my insane wife's decision to purchase the most uncool vehicle I've ever driven( did I just admit that?) hahahaha.
    Consider yourself fortunate you buddies did not ask you to turn in your mancard, like mine did when they saw it. It's not even a good color....some kindof metallic light green
     Everyone I know was actually shocked when the wife bought it, she has always been a truck/suv girl.I'm trying semi successfully to talk her into getting rid of it, but can't think of anyone who'd want it. I hate that f@$#king car! Perhaps I should send it off a bridge and claim the brakes failed

Mike

* edit- maybe HW wants it.He could just transfer the painters tape sign off the caddy trunk onto it.
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2010 at 1:19am
Mike, its a golf cart with woman bling lol
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Easy there big shooter. I know you read my post that stated I have one of those in the driveway.
     Everyone I know was actually shocked when the wife bought it, she has always been a truck/suv girl.

Mike

Mike,
Why did she get it? Does she really think she's being "green" and doing the environment good? If so, she didn't do her research on hybrids. It's a scam for the "tree huggers".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2010 at 12:27pm
When Michael Waldrop causes the Big One at Daytona next Sunday, he can say the gas pedal his his Camary stuck !
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Easy there big shooter. I know you read my post that stated I have one of those in the driveway.
     Everyone I know was actually shocked when the wife bought it, she has always been a truck/suv girl.

Mike

Mike,
Why did she get it? Does she really think she's being "green" and doing the environment good? If so, she didn't do her research on hybrids. It's a scam for the "tree huggers".

Impulse buy. Her Commander gets about 11 miles per gallon and she drives alot toting the kids around, going skiing,etc. She's constantly running & got tired of putting 150 bucks a week in the Jeep tank when gas was $5 a gallon. I asked her if she realized how much gas she could have bought instead of buying that car.......
She's no tree hugger that's for sure. The only thing"green" about that car is the gas mileage.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 12:46pm
my wife keeps bugging me to buy her dads Hyundai, he's pretty conservative and i try not to bring it up in conversations, i will walk or hitchhike before i would buy that, those things tear appart on the frame rack, i know we need crush zones, most of the times they are totals.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 1:07pm
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 1:46pm
do you close your eyes as you drive thru Detroit? you forgot the Pinto's that blew up when hit in the back or the old chevy trucks with the tanks on the outside of the frame rails lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 1:53pm
I do remember going down to LTV steel at a premium to keep that line running, its a ghost town now
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 3:06pm
I have an 07 Tundra which is supposed to have the problem. I'm not too worried about it... haven't had any stickiness in my accelerator. And if I did I think I know what to do... put it in neutral and turn it off! What the hell was wrong with these people who had this happen and didn't think to turn off the engine?? If any machine is out of control isn't that the first thing you think of? I still love my truck and have no plans to sell it or trade it in for a GM (Government Motors) besides, if I get pulled over for speeding I have the perfect excuse! "officer, have you heard about the recall?? that just happened to me!"
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 3:07pm
there isn't enough space here to post all the major Detroit 3 recalls

It's pretty pathetic what has happened to Detroit over the years. It's not Toyota's fault and bashing Toyota now is no way to bring it back.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

What the hell was wrong with these people who had this happen and didn't think to turn off the engine?? If any machine is out of control isn't that the first thing you think of?

Randy,
Some people can drive all their lives and won't learn any logic or "feel" for the road. It's like the steering correction if the tail end of the car goes sideways on ice. My daughter (22) had it happen 2 weeks ago and I discussed the correction with her. No concept/feel for the maneuver. She spun out, went through the median, took out a mileage marker, went across the oncoming lanes and into the ditch on the other side. Besides the sheet metal damage from the mile maker, she ripped off the right rear wheel, strut and "A" arms off the Buick (front wheel drive). We are thankful see wasn't hurt. On the phone after the accident, I asked her if she was ok and was glad to find out the answer was yes. Next, asking her what happened she immediately stated she was doing the speed limit!!??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 7:39pm
thats what happens when you try to pass off a vehicle and forget a few steps, "we want one in every drive" doesnt cut it with me....thats why the US automkers got thier asses in a tangent and were left behind, its not a mistake, its called building a car cheaper for the same money. im in no way bashing Toyota, its just nice to get a reality check once in a while. you obviously have one in the drive or work for them.
Running down to the local Toyaota dealer to plop 40k on a truck doesnt help me out a bit.
These automkers here in the US were big olive trees with roots that went in all directions, everything fed off of that root system, the money was re-invested inside these walls, anything you touched or bought was attributed too or in some way with these guy's. citys were built around these large companies, good schools and education were the result of the cash flow.
now tell me how that 40k helps this country out
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

And if I did I think I know what to do... put it in neutral and turn it off! What the hell was wrong with these people who had this happen and didn't think to turn off the engine?? If any machine is out of control isn't that the first thing you think of?

Randy,I agree with you but thats why this is such a strange deal.Remember that police officer and his family in California that were killed in a Lexus ? It was one of the first that got news coverage. They had time to call 911 while it was happening. Why didn't he think to turn it off? And now the Prius is having brake trouble? I think something else is going wrong.Lexus
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 7:18am
I do work for Toyota and have 2 in the drive...ironically, I live on Ford lake...damned in the 30's to provide electricity for a Ford plant down the road...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 10:03am
maybe in a way im just looking into the future, not for my welfare but the generations to come, it really feels like i live in place or in a country that sold thier souls, and its payback time...i watched the Hyundai superbowl, that put me over the edge, btw, how long on average is the ball actually in play? 5 or 6 minutes maybe...thats the kind sht i think about. along with well, maybe this is the end result of a global economy, maybe some grand scheme to keep rif raf out i dont know. someone mentioned this aint the 50's no more, it aint but time tested is a group like the Who is still fricking playing after 40 years, what group today could you think of that will be playing in the superbowl 40 years from now? Carrie Underwood? yeah right, will our flag that rolled out on the stadium floor look like it does? what will be the majority group? thats all, this world has change dramatically in 25 years, and i really dont see any hand clapping, just smerks from afar like a drug dealer on the corner, eye for an eye, living the American dream
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Remember that police officer and his family in California that were killed in a Lexus ? They had time to call 911 while it was happening. Why didn't he think to turn it off?

Gary,
I don't know what you've observed but I think most police officers driving sucks!! Guess when you drive a police car around you don't need to follow the rules!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 10:29am
there is more to it than meets the eye im afraid, as with cars and boats, people will panick and lose common sense
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 10:44am
Eric, what do you think of the fix, a little metal plate shoved in behind the gas pedal?

We've got a big dealer up here, Ira somebody that sells Toyotas and he was on the news the other night saying that Toyotas reputation is so good, it can't be damaged.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 1:25pm
propaganda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 1:32pm
its not a recall for a broken latch, its bad press and turns into a big safety issue and people are dying because of it
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 3:01pm

Consider yourself fortunate you buddies did not ask you to turn in your mancard, like mine did when they saw it.

Ahh, like I suspected, the prius is like mopeds and fat chicks...
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 4:02pm
   haha ...nothing fun about the Prius ride....

I don't think you'd want to shut it off if the pedal sticks until you're in nuetral and safely pulled over. Ever try to steer a modern car that isn't running??   So far in the last few weeks on the wife's Prius, we've been notified about floormats, headlights, brakes, and been told to "stay tuned" on the gas pedal issue. That thing is an accident waiting to happen.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic