NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

floormats my but

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 4:26pm
here is the cure, bungee cord for the pedal, start working out intensly to build arm strength for the steering, cut out floor boards in case the brakes fail and you could use your feet like fred, headlights? couple of flashflights duct taped to the hood,
"the things you own will start to own you"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

haha ...nothing fun about the Prius ride....
Ever try to steer a modern car that isn't running??    

Actually Mike I was getting pretty good at it a year ago.My Chevy at work a 3500 HD with a bucket on it,would shut off for no reason while driving. After waiting about 30 to 45 seconds, which seemed like forever when it did it at a light,it would restart and I'd be on my way.Turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor. It was fun trying to stop also,the power brakes run off the power steering pump also! After that I think a Toyota would seem easy-
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2010 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

here is the cure, bungee cord for the pedal, start working out intensly to build arm strength for the steering, cut out floor boards in case the brakes fail and you could use your feet like fred, headlights? couple of flashflights duct taped to the hood,

They already did that Eric, it was called a Vega   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2010 at 10:12am
i know you guys remember my 60.00 dollar Pinto, parking sign for a floor board and the pull string thru the fire wall cause the accelerator cable snapped.
when did this world become so safe?
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2010 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

when did this world become so safe?

Remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous?   
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2010 at 10:03pm
its amaziing how fast a car company can fall from grace from the press.    i would say get ready to buy stock in toyota .   it will bounce back and we will probably start seeing all the manufacturers under the microscope
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 2:28am
Funny how things go in a circle. I remember reading a few years ago that the reason Mercedes and BMW had been passed by Toyoda in consumers satisfaction was that they had more complex electronics that caused problems. I think the trouble was in the navigation systems and how user unfriendly they were,but still how ironic.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 10:30am
its a good feeling though, 8 million and counting, you play with fire you'll get burned, i love the new commercial, translated, recently we have tried to force these cars on the road without regards to safety or quality, we used sub-standard metal for your frames, hey thats what came on the scrap metal ship, We used a cheaper vendor for this little plate here and microchips built in Tiawan wtf,
maybe itll work maybe it wont but we got em out there lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 10:15am
UPDATE: Corollas.....steering problems? recall, can anyone fill me in
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 10:43am
Years ago I had put an aftermarket int. manifold on my Sunbeam Tiger (Ford SB 260).    The carb was now up higher than stock & I didn't think about where the return spring anchor was in relation to the throttle shaft center.

Well, one bright Sunday AM I floor it in town, & the spring went over center at WOT, & stayed there. I was up to 70 Mph before I got the ignition shut off. Fortunately there was no traffic, as I blew through at least 1 red light.

I made a new taller spring mount that day.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2010 at 10:05am
be an American thru and thru, I cant let this one die until the right people go to jail, how could any company let a man sit in jail on his way home from church killing 3 people with one of these run away rockets, knowingly thier product was the cause
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2010 at 10:13am
dont worry toyo boys I'll keep the bad press flowing, just to keep us informed
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 3:16pm
Don't laugh there bowtie boy. Government Motors is now recalling 1.3M vehicles for a steering related problem. Do you suppose congress will drag Barry across the carpet for this one.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 3:32pm
I hear the parts were made by Toyota lol, im ripping and tearing apart a toyo on the frame rack, the inner rails pull right off, no need to drill the spot welds, i did a Charger last week and wore my drill out, it was a full day getting that one apart. I so ever hope Toyota takes a good hit....sht they are doing the same thing the US automakers tried in the 80's, push em thru without regards to quality or safety, you can ask anyone of our body guys and they will tell you the same thing......no matter how you wrap a turd, its still a turd
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 6:05pm
Just laughing about a Prius flying down a California highway at WOT, reportly over 80mph unable to stop until the CHIP's officer helped him stop. Thankfully those hybrids have no top end and he was able to stop without hurting anyone. Somehow it still seems they have a problem.    
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 6:19pm
So he had to have had the pedal at WOT for it to stick there and go full speed? lol...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 10:53pm
I figured i would leave the dying dog alone, but its hard not too, its on the news everyday. Maybe some conspiracy involved here with Government motors sales?? easy to put some bad press out there.....it works, I asked my wife, would you buy a Toyota, her reply was Hell no they are not very safe. Its going to take a while to recover from this one
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by PAPA PAPA wrote:

Just laughing about a Prius flying down a California highway at WOT, reportly over 80mph unable to stop until the CHIP's officer helped him stop. Thankfully those hybrids have no top end and he was able to stop without hurting anyone. Somehow it still seems they have a problem.    

Just read that this James Sikes from San Diego made up this story to collect a compensation from Toyota. He went bankrupt in 2008 and lost his cars. So he leased a Prius, which contract would end in a few weeks. Since he has no money for a new lease, he made up the story hoping to get a new car from Toyota.     
'92 BFN
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 3:30pm
eric,
you should check out mr. sikes' audultswinglife.com website...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 4:23pm
An analysis by Edmunds.com of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) complaint database shows Toyota ranks 17th among 20 automakers in the number of complaints per vehicle sold over roughly the past decade....

Read more at Edmunds Autoobserver.com

The fact is GM, Ford, Dodge, and 13 others have had more complaints filed with the NTHSA in the last decade than Toyota.

I will be taking my Tundra in next Saturday to get the "fix". Still driving it almost everyday with no trouble. In fact, I have almost 45k miles on it now and have not had one complaint. This will be it's first trip back to the dealer since I drove it off the lot almost three years ago. My last GM vehicle, a Pontiac minivan, that I bought new had to be returned for recalls three times in the three years I owned it.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 4:30pm
as you will notice mainstream is starting on Honda now....the real message, quit buying jap sht

Randy, i know flat rate guys they will personally take care of your truck, makes you wonder though how you can finish a 60 hour job in 25..be sure to ask for the extra parts.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 6:38pm
I hope you guys know im just bustin your chops, but to me the writing is on the wall and its working, i asked my wife the other day if she would consider buying a toyota and her response was "NO" they are unsafe...a little brainwashing in there and you just dont know it, it has nothing to do with Toyota..its about selling cars plain and simple,
those fkn bastards (IRS) clipped my account again, no notice except from the bank, are you suppose to pay these guys? If someone told me they had to change the frame on my truck i would give the truck back, you think those FR boys own a torque wrench?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 7:52pm
Eric,
I think your confused... I have the 07 Tundra with the accelerator problem, not the 95-00 Tacoma with frame problems...
The frame problem on Tacoma's was pretty limited problem and from what I had read Toyota was offering to buy back the trucks that were affected at 1.5 times the blue book value and offered customers extra incentives if they wanted to purchase a new or used Toyota. They only would have replaced the frame if the customer insisted on it. They also extended the warranty on the frames of the affected trucks to 15 years. The Tacoma frame was not actually a recall but voluntary move on Toyota's part.

I had a '98 Tacoma before I bought the Tundra and when I sold it the frame looked great. I think I even have some pics of the frame around from when I sold it.
I'm with you on that, I wouldn't want anyone putting my truck back together on another frame. I think you would probably end up with some new rattling sounds after that job!

I am starting to think that all this hype is being perpetuated by Toyota's competition and maybe even the US government, since now they have a rather large stake in GM...

By the way, how is my shirt holding up? I miss that shirt...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 11:51pm
the recall was for all the cold salty states but as i hear they will do all of them, you dont have to make excuses for them, they fcd up and got caught
my buddy at the machine shop was cutting a gear today and the company he cuts gears for supplies the steel and they opt to use chinese steel, he faced it and the bit kept skipping in one spot and he also had to drill a hole in the same spot, nothing he had would drill into that area....this is the sht they are all passing off onto us, he tried for 2 hours and finally told them to come get the hunk of steel....now i dont know about you, but i see a problem here
i do see the Fusion and the Volt surpassing the Prius, and will put these guys back in the game. I think people are starting to realize something more has to be done to this economy to get it kick started
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 10:49am
Eric -I will need to buy a used car next year for my daughter- maybe you can help me select a model with good history. Will buy American but just like RIO, have been burnt in the past & I need some insider info this time.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 3:27pm
I agree with buy american...just make sure you understand what that actually means

American Made Index
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Eric,
I think your confused... I have the 07 Tundra with the accelerator problem, not the 95-00 Tacoma with frame problems...
The frame problem on Tacoma's was pretty limited problem and from what I had read Toyota was offering to buy back the trucks that were affected at 1.5 times the blue book value and offered customers extra incentives if they wanted to purchase a new or used Toyota.
By the way, how is my shirt holding up? I miss that shirt...

My buddy had one of those Tacomas. Bought it slightly used for 10 grand. Put 200,000 miles on it and the frame broke in half(literally)one day right in front of his house. He's a welder by trade, figured the truck owed him nothing, so he found enough good metal to patch it back together and turned it into a woods rig. One day he got a letter from Toyota.....

He drove it to the dealer to get inspected and they refused to let him drive it home. They offered him a free rental car, incentives on a new truck and sent him a check for $10,800. When he called to tell me about it, he laughed and said " To think I almost sold it to my neighbor this winter for $500 bucks...." I laughed and said,"Yeah, shady b@st@rd probably knew it was worth big money " . Toyota really took care of those people, but you don't hear much about that.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 10:23am
I hear of guys buying them for pennies and getting blue book.

This is very upsetting but i will post, word for word from my local paper, this is the sht that happens when you bow to the dot.

"Sale stamps city with disappointment" 2 million sq ft Chrysler plant once employing 3000 neighbors, friends, family sold for 45.5 million and its contents to a Vanccouver B.C firm.

its a fcin liquidation firm, that will employ basically no one generating no city income and the domino effect will begin, education will go to sht, city services will go to sht, and it will be anytown USA in the city. this company will end up re-couping thier investment by selling off the CAR MANUFACTURING equipment i.e, presses to the Chinese, the Japanese, The Koreans.
as the article ends, and I quote, "I am asking everyone to buy American, in the end it is up to the CONSUMER, CONSUMER to save American manufacturing.
Once again, I may be way out of line, I dont get up every morning and salute the 50 stars, but alot of complaining about the markets, unemployment, healthcare is going on.....and this is the reason, ive been pissed about Jap sht, but now it really hits home, its a fckin car that gets you from A to B, thats it, its not a life threatening situation., keep buying the junk, cause you got baited and switched
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 10:30am
Snob, I rather get burned on a car than getting burned the rest of my life and my kids lives
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 2:59pm
Glad to see my Tundra is more American than the GMC Sierra 1500. That was my 2nd choice.

American-Made Index

I completely see your point of view Eric, And I agree with buying American Made as long as it is the best quality and value I can afford. But I think your thinking is a little behind the times. A lot of American cars are not even assembled in America any more and the parts they are assembled with are not being produced in America. So how "American" is a product if it assembled in Mexico, by Mexicans, with parts from China? You mean to tell me that just because it has a name badge on it that belongs to a company started in America decades ago that it makes it an "American" car?

Another thing I found interesting about that list is that both Ford and GM's trucks are on that list but the list seems to be lacking in cars produced by Ford and GM (Chrysler/Dodge didn't even appear on the list) Do you think maybe that is because they know that the consumer of their truck products are males in the 35 - 65 age demographic. The group that would pay the most attention to where it was made? What I'm trying to say is that most females in their 20's - 30's could care less where their car is made, as long as it's "cute" and is painted in a color they like they could care less where it's made. They do their research on who's buying their cars and what is important to them...

If we really want to boost our economy, we will start insisting that other products we buy are American made, not just automobiles. Funny how no one seems to care where their PC is made, or where their refrigerator, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, tools etc. are made... Think about it, we could add a lot to the economy if these products were still made here...   

I was at Harbor Freight yesterday and seen an old Ford pickup in the parking lot with a "Buy American" sticker on the bumper. That guy didn't seem to care that he was buying tools made in China...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic