Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower for 69' mustang?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skylerjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylerjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower for 69' mustang?
    Posted: February-01-2010 at 9:55pm
Im looking for a wakeboard/ski tower for my 69' mustang, i really need to use my backseat.

does anyone have one? or know where i can purchase one?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 11:10pm

This topic holds a lot of debate since you'll be drilling holes in the deck. Personally, I think the FLight Control Towers are the only acceptable looking towers to put on these boats. BUT I'd still be concerned with the amount of stress put on the deck of the boat. Skylon's are always a valid option...I ran one on an 88 2001 for many years and had no complaints. I was using mine for the same purposes...needing to use the back seat. Allows for easy storage when done skiing and doesn't harm the boat at all. Just my $.02

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylerjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 11:24pm
thanks for the info, i was concerned about the stress on the deck too because this boat is in pretty good shape but it does seem a little weak.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 11:28pm
I would be very worried about a tower on a mustang. My Skier is basically the same hull and I wouldn't trust something like a tower on it. I've seen many with cracks just from waer and tear (people stepping on the deck over the years).

Go with a 2 piece skylon or something of that nature. Plus, a tower on a mustang would just look weird!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylerjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 11:30pm
so where can i get a skylon from?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 12:05am
Check out the used section here for starters (always good to help eachother out here),

Then I'd check out www.ski-it-again.com . I bought a 2 piece skylon, used for a REALLY good price!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 1:51am
what does your pylon look like, you might need to look for a flitepipe instead of a skylon or other over the top type pylon.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic