NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bfn header options/price

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bfn header options/price
    Posted: February-02-2010 at 3:43pm
Maybe these?

Basset-price I saw 1100,have to assume that is a piece or everyone would have them

Someone help, if I remeber correctly the flange on a bbc is not reversible, correct?

Brian
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 4:19pm
Like I mentioned in the other thread, I believe Bassets are dry headers. Some may be water injected for cooling- which means small amounts of water are sprayed into the dry exhaust. Either way, theyre not jacketed so they wont work for us.

Lots of companies out there making fully jacketed headers for BBC's though... Hi-Tek, CMI, Eddie Marine, Imco, Lightning, Stainless Marine, etc. Expect to pay between $1500 and $6k. The ones that look like manifolds instead of headers are cheaper. The ones that have individual jackets around the runners are more (CMI, etc). Pay attentention to material as well- many are SS, but some are aluminum. Some are a mix (Lightning uses SS inner and steel outter). The better performing, nicer looking, and more SS in the construction, the more you'll pay!

With the diagonal bolt pattern on the flange, you may be correct that you cant swap sides. You may need to stick to a v-drive pattern, while the direct drives can use the more conventional I/O or jet pattern. Also be aware of clearances- some of the offshore or jet boats have a lot more room under the hatch (or no hatch at all) so they can go super tall, flare out wide, or extend back pretty far. You may be less concerned about the length and width, but DD guys need to keep all 3 in mind if they want to fit them under stock boxes.
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 6:54pm
I have a set of Glenwood logs for a BBC that I might be intersted in parting with if the price is right!

Headders under a motor box??? Better be fully jacketed!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 7:08pm
Jody, do those Glenwoods have snails or elbows, or are they just the manifolds? If they have risers, what size outlets do they have?

Im not sure what youre looking for pricewise (I may be interested) but aluminum logs/risers can be had for relatively cheap ($150-200).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic